Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Clifford Arrow 5.1 Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Arrow 5.1 Installation Help

Hi,

I'm having a tough time finding the door trigger wire to install this alarm. The directions says polarity is (-) and it should be found in a 6 pin white plug in the fuse area by driver side kick panel but I'm not find this wire or the test on the DMM isn't showing the proper polarity. For instance, it should read (-) when door is open and (+) when door is closed but I'm not getting that reading from the DMM. Please help. Car is 08 Rav 4 V6 Limited Model with Ignition Immobilizer. Thanks
Attached Images   
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Clifford Arrow 5.1 Installation Help

The 08 Toyota Rav 4 requires wiring all door pin switches and isolating them with diodes

Drivers door is white lead, pin 21 in top left 30 pin plug on fuse box.
The pass. door lead is brown, pin 14 in top right 16 pin plug on fuse box.
The read drivers door lead is light blue, pin 13 in 20 pin plug in drivers kick panel.
The pass. rear door lead is light green, pin 7 in top left 14 pin plug on fuse box. 94
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
The 08 Toyota Rav 4 requires wiring all door pin switches and isolating them with diodes

Drivers door is white lead, pin 21 in top left 30 pin plug on fuse box.
The pass. door lead is brown, pin 14 in top right 16 pin plug on fuse box.
The read drivers door lead is light blue, pin 13 in 20 pin plug in drivers kick panel.
The pass. rear door lead is light green, pin 7 in top left 14 pin plug on fuse box. 94
Looks like I have to run out and buy some 1 amp diodes according to the direction from bulldogsecurity.com. Never dealt with diodes before, so let me ask Radioshack guys how to hook up 4 diodes into the door trigger wire. So if I understood this right, all 4 diodes will be connected to the 1 door trigger wire from alarm and the other end of the diodes will be connected to the other 4 locations of the color coded door wires mentioned above. Thanks
Attached Images
Old 10-09-2011, 01:41 PM
fcm
Old Fart

That is correct, face the cathode, [end with white stripe] towards cars wireing, just like in the diagram.

Some light reading... http://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp 94
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
That is correct, face the cathode, [end with white stripe] towards cars wireing, just like in the diagram.

Some light reading... http://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp 94
Would it be an issue if I were to extend and solder wires from the 4 door pin lead into the diode and then connect the 4 diodes into the alarm trigger wire? Thanks
Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
fcm
Old Fart

No it would not be an issue, other then length of leads and the re&re, if you mean right from the door pin itself, but as long as each pin switch is connected to the alarms neg.(-) door trigger input and a diode is installed on each lead, [in correct direction] to isolate the pin switches from each other, then it makes no diff. in how you do it.94
Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At this point I shouldn't need the immobilizer bypass installed right?...because I have everything plugged in except the door trigger input wire and the clifford alarm is currently not responding to the remote control and the blue led status light is coming on and off intermittently.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
fcm
Old Fart

You do not need the immobilizer bypass at all, the Clifford Arrow 5.1 is just an alarm, not a remote start.

Check the alarms ground lead, [the status LED should not be, "coming on and off intermittently].
Where/what is the alarm grounded to?

Did you program the remote?94
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's grounded to the foot pedal back wall area where there's a few unused bolts attached to the frame of the body. I will reconnect the ground to where Toyota has grounded their connection in the kick panel area.

No, I didn't program the remote. On my last previous installation of this alarm on another vehicle, I didn't have to program the remote. I will look up the direction on how to program remote.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
fcm
Old Fart

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua..._11-06post.pdf 94
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am able to get into programming mode for the remote and the led will light up solid as I enter programming mode but when I press the lock/unlock button on the remote, it didn't lock/unlock the doors. It will chirp once and twice as I press any button on the remote. It's a solid led blue light as I am in the programming mode but it does not light up or blink when outside of this.

So far I have 3 grounded wires: 1) For the black ground wire in the primary harness, 2) From the siren black wire and 3) The white/red light flash input, which is grounded since my light output wire is (-) polarity.

Other tidbits that might be helpful in diagnosing my issues: The immobilizer wire harness is setup for normally closed position. There are 3 wires that are unused, 1. black/white domelight, 2. orange ground when armed, 3. red/white accessory output.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Originally Posted by govtec
I am able to get into programming mode for the remote and the led will light up solid as I enter programming mode but when I press the lock/unlock button on the remote, it didn't lock/unlock the doors. It will chirp once and twice as I press any button on the remote. It's a solid led blue light as I am in the programming mode but it does not light up or blink when outside of this.

So far I have 3 grounded wires: 1) For the black ground wire in the primary harness, 2) From the siren black wire and 3) The white/red light flash input, which is grounded since my light output wire is (-) polarity.

Other tidbits that might be helpful in diagnosing my issues: The immobilizer wire harness is setup for normally closed position. There are 3 wires that are unused, 1. black/white domelight, 2. orange ground when armed, 3. red/white accessory output.
How is the batt. in the remote control?

Is the alarm ant. plugged in properly?
Do you only have the one remote?94
Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
How is the batt. in the remote control?

Is the alarm ant. plugged in properly?
Do you only have the one remote?94
I gave up and took it in to a local authorized Clifford dealer to finish up the installation as well as the remote start module and immobilizer bypass. He will charge me approximately $100-$200 depending on how things go. Thanks for your help but this is too big of a project at my level.