Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

need to balance the sound system??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to balance the sound system??

i'm having a dillema here.. need your expertise..(sorry for long post)

oriniginally i bought brand new Eclipse 8051 head unit. since this hu doesn't have built-in amp, i had to purchase used 4- channel kicker amp from my best friend. i had them installed at Eclipse authorized dealer, paying about $250. i realized that front left speaker was dead but ticking sound. i went back to the shop, they reinstalled and checked all the wires, but everything seemed ok. the technician said one of the connectors(?) on amp is going bad, i need a new amp. my best friend had it with no prob, but i was like 'you get what you pay for'.

To enhance my sound system, i purchased new infinity kappa component front and infinity kappa 2-way rear speakers. I also purchased used ads 4-channel amp from this person i know, lets say his name 'chris'. i had them installed from different shop. front left speaker was working this time, but they didn't sound the same. front right and rear left speakers were louder than the other. i had them reinstalled, checked all the wires again, but they said no prob, maybe the used amp is going bad.

i know this 'chris' was pretty honest and decent, and he is one of those sound freaks, but gave him crap for selling me a defect. he was confused, but gave me his used 6 channel ads instead(ph something, don't really remember), tested from the other shop(at least 4 of 6 should have been working properly). i had them installed for the third time from other well known shop, paying about $200 with warranty to be safe this time for swapping amp and reinstalling speakers for all connection. ah!!!! having a same problem as before. i had my friends sitting in my car, listening, trying to set the balance from head unit.. but no use..

so now i'm trying to find the cause from different route.. could it be the headunit itself? or speakers? amp again? i've been asking around, they say something like i need to balance the amp or crossover?? i'm a complete idiot when it comes to sound system, but since i listen to electronic music, i'm pretty sensitive about this matter. i'm getting my car back soon from body shop after it was stolen (they haven't touched a single piece of my sound system, when i could have gotten money from insurance to get rid of my dillema). so again, i'm in search of finding solution. i have life time warranty for installation from last shop, but just need other opinions before i go.. any help appreciated..
Old 09-22-2002, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need to balance the sound system?? (94tegAddict)

Are the speakers in "phase"

are the Ohms correct, using all the right type of speakers? - car audio, usually 4 ohm

I'm at a loss, I would need to hear and see what your describing, sorry