Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

AutoPage RF-350 Installation Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM
No Sales Forums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 AutoPage RF-350 Installation Help Needed

I'm trying to intall my AutoPage RF-350 alarm on my 1993 Honda Civic DX (hatchback) and need some help. I figured out where most of the wires go but am having trouble with a few wires...

H1: 5 Pin Harness:
1. Red/White --> Fuse Box (Parking Light Input)
2. White --> Fuse Box (Parking Light Output)
3. Black --> Grounded (Ground)
4. Brown --> Siren (Postive Siren Output)
5. Red --> Fuse Box (+12 Constant Battery Source)

H2: 8 Pin Harness:
1. Brown/White --> Removed / Not Used
2. White --> Removed / Not Used
3. Violet --> Removed / Not Used
4. Blue --> Removed / Not Used
5. Green --> ? (Negative Door Trigger)
6. Yellow --> ? (Ignition Input)
7. Orange --> ? (Starter Interupt Output)

8. Gray --> Removed / Not Used

I know that the H2/5 goes to the green/red wire but I can't find this green/red wire on the car... Where exactly is this wire located?

I'm having the hardest time figuring out where H2/6 and H2/7 go. I know it's the starter kill wiring but exactly how do I wire it up? I looked at a few wiring diagrams online and the don't make much sense. Can someone tell me exactly how I install these wires?

Here is the link to the installation instructions: http://www.autopageusa.com/resources/RF350install.pdf
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: AutoPage RF-350 Installation Help Needed

You can find the red/green, [door trigger] lead behind drivers kick panel cover or behind drivers "A" pillar trim, [leads running to dome light] it is also found in one of the plugs clipped to the top of the under dash fuse box.

You can even run the lead to the pass. door pin switch, [you can not use drivers door pin switch].

For ign. input you can use the the ign. from the ign. switch, [lack/yellow].

The orange starter "interupt" lead must be connected to a relay, #85, you will need to cut the starter lead at the ign. switch harness, [ or somplace between the ign. switch and starter motor., [black/white] the ign. switch cut end side goes to #30 and #86 of the relay, the starter cut end side goes to #87a of the relay. 94
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
You can find the red/green, [door trigger] lead behind drivers kick panel cover or behind drivers "A" pillar trim, [leads running to dome light] it is also found in one of the plugs clipped to the top of the under dash fuse box.

You can even run the lead to the pass. door pin switch, [you can not use drivers door pin switch].

The orange starter "interupt" lead must be connected to a relay, #85, you will need to cut the starter lead at the ign. switch harness, [ or somplace between the ign. switch and starter motor., [black/white] the ign. switch cut end side goes to #30 and #86 of the relay, the starter cut end side goes to #87a of the relay. 94
Is it possible to use a 4 pin automotive relay (missing 87a) instead of the 5 pin relay mentioned? Also, is there a way connect this to the main relay (as a kill) instead of killing the ignition? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
No Sales Forums

Originally Posted by fcm

THANKS!!! The post helpful reply back I've ever gotten that answered EVERY question. Thanks a lot man! Got it working!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SqueezinEF
Is it possible to use a 4 pin automotive relay (missing 87a) instead of the 5 pin relay mentioned? Also, is there a way connect this to the main relay (as a kill) instead of killing the ignition? Thanks for the help.
Yes and no, it depends on the alarm you have, most alarms need a relay that that is NA, [normally closed] pins #30 and #87a pin #87 is not used.

If the alarm has a ground out when disarmed, then a NO, [normally open] relay can be used, pins #30 and #87.

A relay, either type, can be installed on any wire, including ones at the PGM-FI Main Relay, as either a NC or NO as long as the alarm you have will control it.

I have two, "kills" on my PGM-FI Main Relay, the first is my starter cut relay controlled by my Alpine alarm, [a starter cut relay on a standard transmission car is ineffective] the second relay is a latching relay, it is independent of the alarm and is passive "arming" that I must "reset" each time I want to start the car, I use a "stealth" switch for that.

Even if I forget to arm the alarm, the engine can not be started until the latching relay has been "reset".94