Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Automate Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automate Alarm?

was wiring up my fog lights and found a box for what seems to an alarm brain. its a Automate model 410. the dealer never told me the car had an alarm nor gave me the remote for it.

has anyone heard of this brand or know of the model and brand? what all do i need to do to get it to work?
Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer probably had no idea it was there either... Alot of times people lose their remotes, disable the alarm, and trade the car in... Happens all the time...

Your easiest course of action to get an alarm that works is rip that unit out, and install a reputable alarm like DEI (Viper/Python/etc or Compustar)...

I just did a quick google search and didn't see an Automate website, so I'm going to assume that replacement remotes are not going to be easy to find... Plus, how do you know that unit even works? I'd hate to spend hours and hours finding remotes, then spending $75-100 to get them, only to find out that the brain is dead....

I'd forget about that alarm and get something else...
Old 08-19-2006, 08:08 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Automate Alarm? (The Source)

This one? http://www.directeddealers.com...A.pdf
Yes, yes it is also a DEI alarm, here is the install guide... http://www.directeddealers.com...A.pdf

You will have to check with DEI, [or a DEI dealer] to see if you can still get a remote for it as I do not see the 410 in the remote cross reference guide, but the alarm is nothing more then a Viper with another name on it. 94
Old 08-19-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Automate Alarm? (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The dealer probably had no idea it was there either... Alot of times people lose their remotes, disable the alarm, and trade the car in... Happens all the time...

Your easiest course of action to get an alarm that works is rip that unit out, and install a reputable alarm like DEI (Viper/Python/etc or Compustar)...

I just did a quick google search and didn't see an Automate website, so I'm going to assume that replacement remotes are not going to be easy to find... Plus, how do you know that unit even works? I'd hate to spend hours and hours finding remotes, then spending $75-100 to get them, only to find out that the brain is dead....

I'd forget about that alarm and get something else...</TD></TR></TABLE>

how do i check if the brain still works? is the wiring the same as any other alarm?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> This one? http://www.directeddealers.com...A.pdf
Yes, yes it is also a DEI alarm, here is the install guide... http://www.directeddealers.com...A.pdf

You will have to check with DEI, [or a DEI dealer] to see if you can still get a remote for it as I do not see the 410 in the remote cross reference guide, but the alarm is nothing more then a Viper with another name on it. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i guess thats the one, it says automate model 410 on this. so it's a pretty decent alarm? just no lcd pager?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 AM

also i couldnt find any sirens in the engine bay...
Old 08-20-2006, 07:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Would have been wired to horn as it did not come with siren.

Unfortunately there is no way to test alarm without a remote, you can do a very simple test, put alarm into and then out of valet, if that works then it's an indication that the alarm is wired properly and at least some things work...

Turn ign. on to run then off again then within 10 sec. press and release valet/program button, LED should come on solid, repeat and LED should go out.

Yes it is a good alarm, just a basic one, and if you can get a remote for it cheaply enough you could have an alarm, [installed] for the price of the remote.

BTW if you want a siren you could just add one. 94
Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Would have been wired to horn as it did not come with siren.

Unfortunately there is no way to test alarm without a remote, you can do a very simple test, put alarm into and then out of valet, if that works then it's an indication that the alarm is wired properly and at least some things work...

Turn ign. on to run then off again then within 10 sec. press and release valet/program button, LED should come on solid, repeat and LED should go out.

Yes it is a good alarm, just a basic one, and if you can get a remote for it cheaply enough you could have an alarm, [installed] for the price of the remote.

BTW if you want a siren you could just add one. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok ill try that.

dumb question but will this be like any other alarm where, if someone hits it the alarm will go off, say everything thats supposed to work works.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
94</TD></TR></TABLE>

so i just turn it to where i just prime the fuel pump?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Source &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so i just turn it to where i just prime the fuel pump?</TD></TR></TABLE> Yes, if alarm has been wired properly, [alarms ign. wire connected to "true" ign.] that would be "RUN" on the ign. switch, [when fuel pump primes].

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Source &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok ill try that.

dumb question but will this be like any other alarm where, if someone hits it the alarm will go off, say everything thats supposed to work works.</TD></TR></TABLE>, There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers
The alarm does not have an impact sensor, although a good system it is also a very basic system. 94
Old 08-20-2006, 12:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Yes, if alarm has been wired properly, [alarms ign. wire connected to "true" ign.] that would be "RUN" on the ign. switch, [when fuel pump primes].

, There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers
The alarm does not have an impact sensor, although a good system it is also a very basic system. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah ok gotcha.

haha so whats does this alarm consist of? like its functions.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Not a lot, starter disable, ign. on triggering, 2 "EXT" outputs, [trunk release and one for running a window module or remote start]. dome light control output, door-lock outputs, and that's about it, like I said basic. 94
Old 08-20-2006, 01:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not a lot, starter disable, ign. on triggering, 2 "EXT" outputs, [trunk release and one for running a window module or remote start]. dome light control output, door-lock outputs, and that's about it, like I said basic. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha ic now. well now i went to go look again and the valet button is gone...i guess it fell behind the panel some how. trying to find the damn thing.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:13 PM

ok i found it. pluged in the blue plug for the valet wire but then theres another one witht he same color wires but it doesnt have a plug on it, looks like it broke off.

[img=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2117/untitled1do1.th.jpg]

when i plug in the plug for the led it stays on constant, doesnt blink. note i just plug the stuff in and havent done anything else yet.

-never mind i took it out then just now pluged the led wire back in and now it doesnt blink or stay constantly on anymore.

Modified by The Source at 7:55 PM 8/20/2006
Old 08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Alarm is in VALET when LED is on steady, and you were able to take it out of valet, so it's a good possibility that it works. 94
Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Automate Alarm?

I recently bought a 2001 Civic and it had an AutoMate 410 in it. I checked and found out that it is made by DEI but is sold and installed exclusively at and by car dealers, not sold in stores. ONLY a car dealer or their authorized installers can install it or the warranty is void. I have the owners manual AND installation manuals in PDF if you want them.

People on other forum sites love to argue that it's NOT an alarm, but simply a keyless entry. But I don't agree. I've been installing car alarms since back in the late 70's, and keyless entry units don't normally have trigger inputs, horn honk, valet buttons, LED's or other features this has like starter disable. A keyless entry does just that: unlocks/locks doors.

No matter what it REALLY is, mine never did lock the doors, it only unlocked them after I purchased a new remote because the one I got with the car was fried by the original owner who put TWO batteries in it, which made 3 volts become 6 volts, something DEI and Viper warn against.

Let me know if you want those manuals.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Automate Alarm?