Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Anyone have Boomerang vehicle tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Boomerang vehicle tracking?

My girlfriend has it on her Jetta VR6 up in Montreal Canada. I'm driving up there during christmas and having it installed. I believe it is about $300 canadian plus $9 canadian a month. If your car gets stolen they can track it immediately anywhere in North America. They track it through the cellular phone network. check it out at http://www.vehicletracking.com Right now they only offer it in Quebec but if you are in the area it might be worth getting, and it works all over the US and Canada. I recently read about it in one of the current import car magazines. In canada it gives you a huge discount on your insurance too. My girlfriend save 40%! Anyone have any experience with it?

Amit
97 ITR #0057
88 BMW M3 (for sale pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292285469)
Old 11-27-2001, 11:38 AM
New User

Default Re: Anyone have Boomerang vehicle tracking? (djafactor)

This is the worst place to ask this question. NO ONE will tell you what security system they have on this board. Try another forum or the security forum, you will get more responses there.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Anyone have Boomerang vehicle tracking?

I have installed many of the boomerang units and now I am un-installing many of them. The device has definite reliability issues. I am now recommending and installing the A1 Trax from U-tracking International (http://www.u-tracking.com). The u-tracking unit is a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for. The u-tracking unit not only is more reliable by far, with the u-tracking unit the tracking is much better and easier to use. The u-tracking unit also can be used as a trigger for any remote starter and can also inter-phase with any alarm system including factory alarms and send a signal to your cell phone or pc, as well as it has an immobilizing feature to help the police in rapidly recovering your vehicle if it is stolen. The u-tracking unit can also be fully controlled from any web enabled cell phone. It is also easier to install and hide which gives my customers greater piece of mind and saves on installation costs. I wish that I had done more research on this type of product before I started selling and installing them over a year ago.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lo-jack sister company, Your better off with a real gps system. Look at mobile iq since your up in canda. There us company is air iq
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

speaking of gps tracking, Des...are you any closer to your deal? i'm still hoping for pictures. i'd love to be able to offer this to customers, and if i can help you out...even better.