Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking!

warning- long paragraph ahead hehe

tonight i locked my doors with the mobile transmitter, then go to unlock and nothing. lights dont blink, door doesnt unlock and the alarm doesnt disarm. also my dome light when set on the open door setting keeps flickering. i tried using my spare transmitter and that didnt unlock the car either, so i unlocked the door with the key, the alarm went off. i pushed the door switch on the bottom of the door sill/jamb and if it was held in the alarm stopped sounding. then i got the car started but it kept beeping the horn randomly. so i drove home with the car constantly locking and unlocking the doors and the horn going off every like 30 seconds. then i get home and im locked in, the alarm kept going off when i opend the door, but once closed it just armed itself and stopped beeping. sorry for the long story, it was an iteresting night. this is a 97 hx with an oem alarm/keyless entry. anyone have ideas?????
Old 08-04-2005, 10:12 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking! (blackeg)

Sounds very much like a poor ground on the alarm brain, can you not override the alarm by turning the ign. on off on, if not check your owners manual for the override method 94
Old 08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking! (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds very much like a poor ground on the alarm brain, can you not override the alarm by turning the ign. on off on, if not check your owners manual for the override method 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man, ill start there later tonight. i was breifly looking through the helms manual, and it said something about setting something via the stock cd deck (i dont remember exactly i was beyond tired). well i have an aftermarket deck, i wonder if thats gonna become a big problem?....
Old 08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking! (blackeg)

OIC, did this start happening right after you put the aftermarket HU in? if so read this... http://www.installdr.com/Insta...3.pdf 94
Old 08-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alarm wont disarm, my horn keeps going off and doors keep locking/unlocking! (fcm)

unfortunately no. ive had the headunit in the car (jvc kameleon) the entire time ive owned it
Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Are you sure it's a stock alarm/key-less entry? If it is then the stock HU must be in the car, [probably behind/below the JVC] and there is a problem with it or the "T" harness, or maybe the "T" harness adpt. plug is just not plugged in to the stock HU properly, [it's come loose] 94