Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

2000 Integra Door lock/unlock wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Integra Door lock/unlock wires

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to install a Viper 3100V alarm on my 2000 Honda Integra Type R.

I've mostly got it sussed out, however I'm having some trouble with hooking up the door locks. The old alarm (an ancient Hornet system, but not all that different in design) triggered the door locks via a wire that disappears up behind the driver's kickpanel heading towards the door. This isn't a stock wire - it's been installed. Anyway it seems to receive a constant 12V, and the old alarm hooked into it via the orange -500mA ground when armed wire. On my new system, I can do the same via its orange (also -500mA ground when armed) wire. However I've read this isn't correct - this orange wire should only be used for the starter relay, and I'd risk draining my battery by using it for the door lock purpose. I've also had next to no hits googling other people using this wire to trigger the door locks. Sounds like it's a no no.

As a result I've been looking for the black/white and black/red wires that are meant to be power lock and power unlock wires. They just don't seem to exist on my car. I've spent hours looking where they are meant to be (behind driver's kick panel, larger of the grey plugs behind cruise control unit if present) but to no avail. Should they exist on my car? This part of my car looks different to all the other integra pictures I've seen on this forum and others (examples below)

Can anyone help? Are the wires on my car a different colour? I read a brief mention somewhere they could be green/white and green/red, and I found some wires like this in the right area. Hooked them up to the alarm's door lock harness (blue and green wires) but didn't work.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Pictures: how my car doesn't look under the driver's kick panel:

Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Integra Door lock/unlock wires

the orange is "ground" when armed wire. It has nothing to do with the door locks. I had a 2000 Integra LS and installed the alarm in it myself. From what I recall, the colors ARE NOT black/white and black/red. I ran into the same issue during the install. I can check my notes when I get home later.