Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SoHonda Garage's Circuit DC5 Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SoHonda Garage's Circuit DC5 Build

You have done an absolutely amazing job on this car. I keep reading through the thread to get more ideas as I too have started an ITR build on an '06 Type-S that I've been using as a track day car the last few years. I waffled a bit on whether this was the right car but what you have done confirms my decision to stick with the Acura. Admittedly I won't be taking my car down to the shell as you did with yours but I was hoping to get some ideas from you.

Working on removing the sound deadening now. Not a fun job. Cage is on order and I am looking to start wheel to wheel in 2017.

Was this the same car that was the subject of a thread on the Improved Touring forum a few years ago? If so I would love for some of those posters in that thread to see your on track video taking care of business.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdohara
You have done an absolutely amazing job on this car. I keep reading through the thread to get more ideas as I too have started an ITR build on an '06 Type-S that I've been using as a track day car the last few years. I waffled a bit on whether this was the right car but what you have done confirms my decision to stick with the Acura. Admittedly I won't be taking my car down to the shell as you did with yours but I was hoping to get some ideas from you.

Working on removing the sound deadening now. Not a fun job. Cage is on order and I am looking to start wheel to wheel in 2017.

Was this the same car that was the subject of a thread on the Improved Touring forum a few years ago? If so I would love for some of those posters in that thread to see your on track video taking care of business.
Thanks man! What region will you be competing in?

Yes it is the same car! They will be eating their words next season for sure when we go for the NER points championship
Old 01-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am planning to run with Midwest Council starting in 2017 and may also run some SCCA events with Milwaukee Region.

Is there anything in particular you recommend with a setup? I won't have the resources to do a build as good as yours but I was hoping there might be a few things that you might share.

One thing I've struggled with at track days is tire wear. Hoping some camber plates helps with that.
Attached Images    
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys put together a really good car. hope it last a long time. she is a great driver aswell. im working on a 4dr civic now, but dont see it being ready for atleast a year or two
congrats on a good job and good luck
Old 07-19-2016, 11:05 AM
H-T Editor

Default Front page news!

Very impressive! Front page news indeed...
Member Spotlight: SHG Motorworks' Circuit DC5 Build - Honda-Tech
Old 07-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

amazing
Old 07-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Having just spent the past 2+ hours reading your entire post start to finish, I have but one thing to say: when someone calls you "****-retentive", or "Type A", your reply simply need be "Thank you" and walk away. Your team has truly created something beautiful that should be used for future use as an example of "how to do things".

I also subscribe to the Type A personality and am currently finishing a build involving a DC2 chassis and a K20a engine. Being concerned about oil starvation as well I noticed that you installed the Clockwise Motion billet oil pan baffle; a piece I was considering. Did it not perform as intended, leading to the loss of your first engine?
Old 07-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, you have been busy since I last checked in....great job!