Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Old 12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Originally Posted by WhiteSlipsWithStickers
The small things that no one will ever notice but you is what makes your builds inspiring. I know I've done some stuff on my car that no one will ever see, but it makes me feel much better when it's done.
Yeah dude for sure... I post everything here for people to see, but I honestly do everything for myself. I love knowing that Ive done all the work on the car and that its all done super legit. I like being able to take pride in my work and that others can appreciate it too

Ive always loved the stuff you do with your car. Always super clean work. One thing that stands out in my memory is the radiator block off shroud

Originally Posted by k-series
Seriously E, great attention to detail. I'm a fan of everything you've done.

Steve
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Connor
Said it on FB but I'll say it again garage looks dopee.. actually seems like a decent size the car is in all the way in the pic right?? Updates are awesome I love how the start button came out. I got some dragon plate left over from the crx I got some things in store for the EM1
Yeah the car is all the way in with about 4 feet behind it. The garage is normal width but is super deep which is great. I cant wait to see your car in person. Are you driving it this winter?

Oh and I think were having a party here the weekend before christmas if enough people can make it. You guys free?

Originally Posted by Chris.
Evan, you need to come to PA and do the SRS bypass to my steering wheel & my seatbelts
You still have the S2000?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE
Yeah the car is all the way in with about 4 feet behind it. The garage is normal width but is super deep which is great. I cant wait to see your car in person. Are you driving it this winter?
Dam that is long.. and as of now yea. I don't drive much so it won't be bad and the car will have a new suspension this spring. I'm trying to pick up my g mas old camry or maybe put the crx back together and daily that but one winter wont hurt the em1 too bad. what can I do.

Let me know the dates I'd like to come chill im sure riley or alec would be down. I haven't seen you guys in awhile. LMK
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dam that is long.. and as of now yea. I don't drive much so it won't be bad and the car will have a new suspension this spring. I'm trying to pick up my g mas old camry or maybe put the crx back together and daily that but one winter wont hurt the em1 too bad. what can I do.

Let me know the dates I'd like to come chill im sure riley or alec would be down. I haven't seen you guys in awhile. LMK

Wrd I drove my car the last 2 winters and it held up fine. Ill let you guys know a date asap.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I started working on modding the Buddy Club seat rails so I can run my custom side mounts.

The rails came with 4 mounting brackets for the seat, one on each corner. Since there wasnt a side mount running the length of the rail BC attached the belt mount to the top of the rail.

The first step was to remove the bracket...

Before:

After:

New bracket fabbed up and welded on to allow clearance for the new side mounts:

Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What pedals are those? I thought they were Sparco Grips, but there's no logo. OEMs?

Steve
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres a quick panorama I did so you can get an idea of where the magic will happen this winter lol.
This build is jaw dropping! Love it. What type of floor jack do you have ? I'm in need of one but haven't found anything I like.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k-series
What pedals are those? I thought they were Sparco Grips, but there's no logo. OEMs?

Steve
They are Strut King OEM replica pedals. Very good quality actually, and you can get replacement rubber inserts when they wear down

Originally Posted by ware
This build is jaw dropping! Love it. What type of floor jack do you have ? I'm in need of one but haven't found anything I like.

Thanks bud! I have a Craftsman jack but its a total piece of crap. I suggest something with a dual piston design. Weve got pretty nice jacks at work, I cant recall the brand but Ill take a look tomorrow and let you know. Theyre the best jacks Ive used save for the Brunnhoelzl race jack we use at the track.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice welds.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dam that Brunnhoelzl jack is nasty. Just looked it up quite the $$$ though haha. I need to invest in a nice jack I'm tired of pumping for longer then I'm working or driving my car on wood and what not. I dread oil changes lol
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just when I thought Id have a free weekend in dec, lever1 said nah bee. Ill be in FL till sunday morning
Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fcking weeeaaak
Old 12-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

You still have the S2000?
yessir i have the spoon (momo) hub, and the SRS wiring bypass thingie is sitting in the bag... i can't read japanese so the instructions are useless for me

plus, when i put buckets in i'm going to need something to keep the seatbelt light off

PS: you've made me envious, i want to take all of my suspension off and repaint it
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dam that Brunnhoelzl jack is nasty. Just looked it up quite the $$$ though haha. I need to invest in a nice jack I'm tired of pumping for longer then I'm working or driving my car on wood and what not. I dread oil changes lol
Yeah man its sick. We got it for pit stops when we run the Koni Challenge car. 2 pumps and the car is off the ground far enough to change tires.

Originally Posted by Chris.
yessir i have the spoon (momo) hub, and the SRS wiring bypass thingie is sitting in the bag... i can't read japanese so the instructions are useless for me

plus, when i put buckets in i'm going to need something to keep the seatbelt light off

PS: you've made me envious, i want to take all of my suspension off and repaint it
Wrd sucks I live even farther away from PA now than I used to. What does that bypass look like? should be pretty straight forward...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All I can really say is "DOPE!" I really like your direction and transition. Do you have any DIY writeups on any of your jobs?
Old 12-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kaedu
All I can really say is "DOPE!" I really like your direction and transition. Do you have any DIY writeups on any of your jobs?
Thanks man! Ive got one for the SRS delete I just did, and had one for the door inserts on EPhatch but it was lost in the crash. Ive been meaning to re-do it.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

Wrd sucks I live even farther away from PA now than I used to. What does that bypass look like? should be pretty straight forward...
ill get a picture of it for you along with the instructions and such
Old 12-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

New update boys!

Seat brackets are oficially DONE! Its been a long process but i couldnt be happier with the results. The finished product is really stunning in person. So solid and crafstmanship is the best Ive done so far...

Also, I started work on the male mold for the carbon airbox. As you can see Im using the basic stock shape and mounting points, but im smoothing out all the contours for a streamlined simple appearance.

Started with expanding foam to fill in the big gaps and form the corner in the front.

Trimmed the excess off....

Then layed filler down....

Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Carbon intake

Is the whole inside filled?

I love the brackets, they really clean up well. Its going to look fire when its on. I noticed that the Recaro brackets have the belt buckle bolt mounted way at the back instead of on the side the Buddy Clubs. That way the female buckle would be able to go through.

That works for you though, the evo buckle is quite cleaner looking.

I was putting in my stock seat back on for the winter since the bucket is a tight fit when I'm all suited up and the damn thing wouldn't line up! 3/4 holes would line up but the last one would not. Im pretty curious as to why it didn't just go in but I ended up putting enough weight on it that I got the bolt in, but it didn't go in straight. I ended up snapping the head of the bolt :thumbsdown: Now I gotta get a new bolt and pull the threaded part out and hope my threads aren't messed up

So you used POR 15 in black? I thought it was only gray?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HBKFanatic
Carbon intake

Is the whole inside filled?

I love the brackets, they really clean up well. Its going to look fire when its on. I noticed that the Recaro brackets have the belt buckle bolt mounted way at the back instead of on the side the Buddy Clubs. That way the female buckle would be able to go through.

That works for you though, the evo buckle is quite cleaner looking.

I was putting in my stock seat back on for the winter since the bucket is a tight fit when I'm all suited up and the damn thing wouldn't line up! 3/4 holes would line up but the last one would not. Im pretty curious as to why it didn't just go in but I ended up putting enough weight on it that I got the bolt in, but it didn't go in straight. I ended up snapping the head of the bolt :thumbsdown: Now I gotta get a new bolt and pull the threaded part out and hope my threads aren't messed up

So you used POR 15 in black? I thought it was only gray?
Yeah boy SHG circuit spec induction kit

The inside is all hollow, I just filled the gaps on the outside. This will be a male mold to make the fiberglass female mold that will be used to form the final carbon product.

Sounds like with your stock seat maybe the seat rails werent in the same setting? Like one was in a different position than the other idk thats the only thing I can think of. Tough break though, thats going to be a pita . Once you get the broken bolt out youll def want to re-thread the hole before trying to but a new bolt in.

And yeah I used POR15 to cover the new seat belt bracket then used some satin black to match it the best I could to the rest of the rail. POR comes in gloss black and gloss grey
Old 12-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha nice. I've been wanting to fab up my intake since the summer but just can't yet. Since the EP3 is hibernating, it should be a good time to get more intensive projects done since you don't have to drive it. Looking forward to more SHG fab!

Yeah I tried playing with the rails being in different positions but it was the left rail not going down all the way. Either the front left or rear left that would bolt. Not both. I spent 2 hrs trying to figure it out but got nowhere.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HBKFanatic
Hahaha nice. I've been wanting to fab up my intake since the summer but just can't yet. Since the EP3 is hibernating, it should be a good time to get more intensive projects done since you don't have to drive it. Looking forward to more SHG fab!

Yeah I tried playing with the rails being in different positions but it was the left rail not going down all the way. Either the front left or rear left that would bolt. Not both. I spent 2 hrs trying to figure it out but got nowhere.
Yeah man, well the first half of the winter the MR-S has the garage. Mines outside till mid January. Im actually using the A2 engine and trans to mock up the intake when I get to that point

I wonder if maybe one of the tabs on the rails got bent while it was out of the car... did you use it as a seat or anything?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh nice. You get the better deal IMO, you car is only going to see a few snow storms probably. Either way it doesn't look like a very snowy season for that matter. Are you guys heading down to FL just for Sebring or more races?

Hrm. Thats probably it you know! lmao, I used the seat in my room for a week until I got my desk/chair in so maybe that was it. That tab is wicked strong but I'll try bending it forward.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah def, thats why I offered her the garage first

But yeah Im stoked we havent gotten any snow yet so its going good so far. I dont mind the car staying outside, but when they start salting our complex i dont want the car sitting on salty pavement.

I would def look at the tab, i bet thats what it is!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For sho E, thanks bro. The EG is coming out in full force next year so stay on your A game Its about time I start showing what I can do haha.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can't wait to see the final product with that air box

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...