Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Sfljdmej2's Vogue sedan build..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sfljdmej2's Vogue sedan build..

Hey guys decided to entertain you guys with my sedan build thread. Haven't had a Honda automobile in couple of years "even though I love them" due to the fact that the last one I had made a giant dent in my pocket after parting it out and losing way to much $. Anyways My newest project aside from a Honda grom is this 1997 vogue silver sedan, the car is 100% original 1 owner 5 speed car. This is gonna be more of aesthetics kinda build more of a cruiser per say. On to the pics

Purchased 5/12/16 on its way home.

5/1316 The next day I couldn't wait to take some pics of it "super excited"

5/14/16..the parts itch started to take over me I always hated 96-98 sedan tail lights and decided to get some integra sj ones. Instead of doing a 99-00 trunk set up.

5/18/16 decided to hit up my local "u pull it" junkyard in search of some chrome trim since mine is black and in horribly weathered out. I got to pick and choose from about 15 sedans so after looking around I got them from about 5 different cars they even still feel rubbery. Also got some clips door handles and much needed arm rest cover. Also found a clean oem fender to replace my crappy one.

I'll try and update the most I can,next up would be to find a clean oem front and rear bumper cover then start prepping for some body work and paint. Enjoy dudes
Old 05-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sfljdmej2's Vogue sedan build..

5/23/16 just won some super clean sir ek4 headlights can't wait for them to get here.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like some good stuff started. What are the plans with it?
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 AM
Master Ninja

I'd say replace faded black trim. Way better looking chrome trim imo.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Looks like some good stuff started. What are the plans with it?
Thanks man. I'm gonna putt it around town till I get coils and wheels then I'm not gonna daily it anymore. Kinda needed something alittle bigger then my current daily Miata.

Originally Posted by Eddie
I'd say replace faded black trim. Way better looking chrome trim imo.
You think so dude? I got the chrome trim to match all the other chrome the car is gonna have like grill,lights and fogs. If I was gonna do ctr lights and grill defently I would have done the black trim.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Master Ninja

I feel chrome looks tacky but that's just me. It's your build do as you please
Old 06-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update 6/6/16 bought some wheels for the car. Also got some 96-98 clear raybrig fogs along with some others small goodies. also decided I'm going to run this left over fabulous steering wheel from my q45 build, I'm going to color match it to the car along with shift ****. Trying to be a bit different since this isn't gonna be a super sporty build anyways.

Steering wheel..

Was a perfect match for my other build

Old 06-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

6/9/16..yesterday I purchased some oem Jdm thin side moldings from a member thanks Rsx=Jdm ,today I went on an oem Honda shopping spree. Bought new oem sir lip,bumper cover,both fender liners,side skirts,mudguards and new Jdm window visors. Trying to get the majority of body parts so I can start on the body work and get this thing painted.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the junkyard and get the rear bumper cover no need to get a new one I saw super minty oem ones,also a clean oem coupe/sedan muffler so I can polish and clear it.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:28 AM
Trial User

Where'd you pick up the oem lip, mudguards, and window visors? I just recently picked up a 99 sedan.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:27 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

Nice to see you back Rick!!!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smahoney1
Where'd you pick up the oem lip, mudguards, and window visors? I just recently picked up a 99 sedan.
I got most of my oem usdm stuff from majestic Honda. The visors and lip from a vendor on eBay called Jdm goodie.

Originally Posted by Chef Andre
Nice to see you back Rick!!!!!
thanks guy!! these dam Hondas got a grip of my soul I can't get away.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update 6/30/16 reciently sold my grom cause I don't ride it due to a torn acl super bummer but what can I do.

Here's a pic for ***** and giggles.

Anyways moving on I don't really like to get rid of my toys if I'm not replacing them with more stuff so what I did was pay the civic off and dump the rest in the car. Plans have changed alittle I am not gonna daily the civic anymore so pretty much a resto mod is in full effect plus some other goodies to spice it up.

Decided to turbo this beast of a y7 if it blows up fug it. This is gonna be with budget in Mind as I'm not building anything crazy. Reciently Acquired greddy cast manifold,s14 sr20det t25 turbo,greddy types bov,vortech fmu *yes I'm gonna run an fmu* ,dsm stock side mount intercooler,misc clamps,couplers,pipes,hoses etc. I say I'm 75% complete still missing feed/return,return bung for pan,charge pipe and down pipe.

Mandatory pics

Old 06-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did alittle cutting and walla the side mount fits nice and snug were I want it. Also put a 12" pusher fan up front on the rad hopefully it works out and doesn't heat soak like a mug if not I start over and redesign the intercooler placement. Note this is no were near done etc it's a rough mock up.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No major updates atm, removed the oe header/cat and installed the exhaust manifold to clock the turbo and start running oil feed and return etc. next week I go in for knee sugery "finally" but as soon as I start recouping a lot of updates are gonna start pouring in.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice 6th gen sedan. Recouping from knee surgery is a great time to start parts collecting. Just sayin lol
Old 07-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spoonfixer
Nice 6th gen sedan. Recouping from knee surgery is a great time to start parts collecting. Just sayin lol
Lol I wish! I'm gonna be so broke its gonna take me some time to recover funds for car parts.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys I'm finally well enough to start updating the thread not many pics but I've been collecting parts on my down time.
The budget turbo kit is near completion all that's needed is down pipe and charge pipe everything else is done. Ive Aguirred an itr 4x114.3 setup since the wheels I choose were that pcd. Also got some f&f type1's, skunk2 front and rear camber kit, toe arms,buddy club ext ball joints and some es trailing arm bushing along with some other misc bushings. I'm going to be doing 2 piston legend calipers up front so I bought some prelude vtec ebc slotted rotors and project mu pads all around. Soon I'll be tackling the bodywork and paint to get the car ready for eibach Orlando which is my main focus at the moment.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:53 PM
no one wants to hear the truth

glwbuild..
Old 01-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: I'm always fucked up so I had to go get surgery a couple weeks ago, couldn't pee like a normal human being so I had to get sugery to correct the problem " worst pain I've ever felt in my life" anyways I'm back to normality which feels great. I've gotten a couple of small things to keep the thread going "even though there's no traffic on here" here's some pics

Still need to buy my rear tires 205/45/16 then I can mount them on the wheels and start installing all the suspension components and 4x114.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sfljdmej2
Update 6/6/16 bought some wheels for the car. Also got some 96-98 clear raybrig fogs along with some others small goodies. also decided I'm going to run this left over fabulous steering wheel from my q45 build, I'm going to color match it to the car along with shift ****. Trying to be a bit different since this isn't gonna be a super sporty build anyways.

Steering wheel..

Was a perfect match for my other build

Armin VanBuren's ride? :D