Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

My "No girlfriend, EK build"

Old 04-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "No girlfriend, EK build"

So I've had alot of Hondas in the past and the only car I regret getting rid of is my 97 EK hatch with power windows. So after years of searching I finally found one again and this was the perfect car. Southern car with no rust and championship white.

I traded my quad(had about $1200 into it) for it. It was bone stock on Integra suspension...

I also found out that it used to be a CTR rep... which is why it's the white I guess.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Crx_JDMWhore; 04-04-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My "No girlfriend, EK build"

You can barely see the type r sticker. Anyway... when I got the car I also got a full drop in ready ls swap. So after a few weeks of being slow I put the ls in it. My buddy had a ek and wanted to trade me bumpers so I traded with him and painted it to match the car. I also was able to find some spare coil overs at my house but what I didn't realize is that the collers had been removed on the rear so the car is at super low now... and it stayed like this for a few months.
Attached Images     
Old 04-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wanted something with a little more offset so I traded the si's for a set of diamond steelies that I was told were 20 offset all the way around.. there not.. two are 20 off set and 2 are 0 offset...Looks retarted...

After I ran another buddy he really wanted my ls and wanted to trade me his built zc for it. Swap for swap with cash on his end. Since its my fun car and Im building a motor on my shed for it I was "sure".

We'll I ended up getting fucked on that deal. Since that was his only car I told him I would pull my swap out and when ever he got it in his I would come get the other motor. I pulled the motor and Trans out. Mounts still on.
Left the harness on and attached to the ecu, and the linkages and axles laying next to it. And when I got to his house to get the zc was in pieces, Trans off, clutch off, missing bolts, harness hacked up, missing sensors, bolts, fuel rail off. Just parts every where. So after picking up what I could find I pieced what I could and put it in my car. And this is how she sits now. The harness is fucked, and some of the sensors are bad...

So now I'm tearing it down and going to rebuild the whole Damm car from ground up. From a bare shell..
Attached Images     
Old 04-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh crap! I forgot to show you guys the whole reason Im rebuilding the car. I scooped up this rhd clip for super cheap. The guy I got it from only likes his stuff to be super clean and this thing is mint. Along with the clip I got the red ctr carpet, ctr steering wheel, dash, cluster, center console, pedals, heater core, climate control, literally everything under the dash still.

This is the only picture I have of it. But I'll take more. Tomorrow after the Easter festivities I will be tearing the car down to start pulling things!
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2015, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. Good luck with the rhd conversion.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes
Old 04-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dope
Old 04-06-2015, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So we started tearing down the car yesterday. Remember how i said that i thought this was the perfect car? i was wrong. After undoing the fenders and taking off the bumper support, the WHOLE radiator support fell off of the car.

I also found out that the front frame rail has been replaced and new one was welded in. The fenders, and hood also are not OEM, they are aftermarket and supper cheap greaatt...

But thank god im going RHD, so none of this is really a big deal.. but it just makes me feel bad because ive driving a car around with a messed up front.

So after we got over that, we decided to start pulling. and since there was no radiator support we were able to drop the motor and trans and roll the car out away from it. LIke butta

To end the night we tried to get rid of everything that was in the engine bay. So Me and my buddy pulled the master cylinder, fuse box, brake lines, everything that we could. the only thing we left was the rear brake lines and fuel lines. Im not sure with what Im going to about those yet. I may try to buy a steel braided line kit, but well see how money goes. So here it is after and how it sat this morning.

Hopefully this week we will be able to get the dash and interior pulled out. Ill post when we do! Sorry for the crappy photos.... I dont have a nice camera
Old 04-06-2015, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i know dem radiator support feels

in for the turn around! Also, those diamond racing wheels nasty.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Scott.
i know dem radiator support feels

in for the turn around! Also, those diamond racing wheels nasty.
Damn man. Car looked clean when i got it... its freaky to think about... i think in a accident legos would have held up better.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in to see this build
Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well its raining and i cant work on the car so i guess i will update on what i have done so far. Yesterday we were able to totally strip the interior...guess what? more bad news... More of this car has been replaced than originally thought. This car should have not been put back on the road.

But anyway after work, my buddies came over and we started tearing down the interior. We got everything out in about 2 hours. Shes just a bare shell now. The only thing have left to do is pull the windshield, take the doors and hatch off. It was depressing knowing that just 24 hour before i had driven the car to where it is sitting now. Sorry about the tools. i don't have any room in the shed because of everything that was in the car.

]

And this is where it gets shitty... This is everything else that i found that was replaced... this car was totaled. I The car was originally black. The doors are red. and the front pillar that runs down the windshield is also red(and bent to hell). It doesnt line up right, and there was a inch think of bondo caked in the corner where they all meet to make it look nice.

They also cut of the frame on the driver side of the car and welded in a new one. Its cut from the driver hinge to almost the end of the door. I forgot to snap pictures, but i outlined it in red.

and heres the front all filled with putty. This on the floor right under the dash... ill get pictures of all of it tonight. The floor is also buckled up and ive had new seat rail mounts welded in.

I also found out that the rust free quarters had been absolutely smashed... You can see where they had to pull the quarter back out like 50 times... This car should have totaled... but i will give them credit, they fooled me. But i will add some more pictures of the welds tomorrow.

I dont even know if this shell is worth doing this too or should i find another shell. Im nervous...
Old 04-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Go to whoever sold you the car and ask for partial money back and if they say no don't trip just get u a lawyer and slap em with a small claims court suit and get all your money back . don't do nothing to that car its unsafe get you another shell to do the rhd . and also now may be the time for a gf cause u just got did raw I'm talking no lube no grease not even no 10w30 I'm talking rawww a gf can even help u with money to get you all your stuff. Lol I'm jk but yea don't get rid of the shell keep it as evidence for the law suit .
Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tattedpun
Go to whoever sold you the car and ask for partial money back and if they say no don't trip just get u a lawyer and slap em with a small claims court suit and get all your money back . don't do nothing to that car its unsafe get you another shell to do the rhd . and also now may be the time for a gf cause u just got did raw I'm talking no lube no grease not even no 10w30 I'm talking rawww a gf can even help u with money to get you all your stuff. Lol I'm jk but yea don't get rid of the shell keep it as evidence for the law suit .
I traded it for a quad. and the title wasn't in his name. It was still in the guy that HE got it from's name. and i dont have a copy of it.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow that's crazy well u can't go after the other guy cause u never know what all transpired in their deal you basically got f%$#&d. Well just keep as much parts as possible and buy u a bone stock ek hatch and start with a clean shell. Whatever u do don't use that shell at all its unsafe.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that things done! trash it
Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow dude just wow, man I'm sorry you got such a shady deal! I ALWAYS have a car put on a rack for full inspection out of fear that this might happen to me, hey at least you have a clean CTR front clip still! That would be way way harder to find than a shell! Good luck with everything, definitely gonna stay tuned!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow that's crazy well u can't go after the other guy cause u never know what all transpired in their deal you basically got f%$#&d. Well just keep as much parts as possible and buy u a bone stock ek hatch and start with a clean shell. Whatever u do don't use that shell at all its unsafe.
Well i spent last night scouring craigslist and there are no shells within 3 hours of me that dont want 1200 just for a shell... I have a buddy that is a fabricator. He builds racecars and has a 7 sec steel body, glass windows camaro that he built. He will be the one welding the front on. He looked at it and said that everything they had done was fixable. Looking at the rhd clip, instead of just swapping the front, he can use the pillar metal to fix the pillar right, and floor right. He also said that he can make braces for under the car that will make the car extra sturdy.

Originally Posted by B18CUL8R
that things done! trash it
Im trying to find another shell. But there arent any local.

Originally Posted by Tegra206
wow dude just wow, man I'm sorry you got such a shady deal! I ALWAYS have a car put on a rack for full inspection out of fear that this might happen to me, hey at least you have a clean CTR front clip still! That would be way way harder to find than a shell! Good luck with everything, definitely gonna stay tuned!
Yea i never got it on the lift. and finding a shell is actually harder than it seems haha
Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do u plan on actually racing the car or are you just a show car
Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do u plan on actually racing the car or are you just a show car
Honestly neither lol im just building it for fun, as a fun car. Aa car i take out on weekends and such. I may track it once or twice, and maybe enter a few shows but its not being built just for that.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Crx_JDMWhore
Honestly neither lol im just building it for fun, as a fun car. Aa car i take out on weekends and such. I may track it once or twice, and maybe enter a few shows but its not being built just for that.

Honestly just to be real that shells not safe at all I wouldn't do nothing to that shell.whoever put that shell back together after it having quarter panel and front end and side damage is and was a idiot be smart remember safety first. Do whatever u gotta do to get a better shell. Or buy a nice running ek hatch
Old 04-09-2015, 11:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One good hit and that car will break in half.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly just to be real that shells not safe at all I wouldn't do nothing to that shell.whoever put that shell back together after it having quarter panel and front end and side damage is and was a idiot be smart remember safety first. Do whatever u gotta do to get a better shell. Or buy a nice running ek hatch
Yea I'm trying to keep a look out for one
Old 04-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
One good hit and that car will break in half.
Yea i know. Just it's hard finding a good she'll lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My "No girlfriend, EK build"