Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

my 1993 integra build.. back into hondas

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1993 integra build.. back into hondas

Hello everybody my name is Carlos. I live in Florida i have had 3 Integra DA in the past and finally decided to fully build one into a street/track fun project. Maybe you guys seem my part out thread from years ago i had pretty much every rare oem jdm part there was offered for this car, sadly i parted out and i wish i never did but anyways. I recently picked up my 1993 Integra Rs base model with no sunroof and no power which is exactly what i was looking for about 1-2 month ago roughly. i currently own 3 cars

my 1997 s14 kouki rb25det swapped

my daily 2012 is250 fsport ( dropped on some wheels and bc coils)

My 1993 integra RS project car
Here are pics of when i got car it was pretty much stock other than jdm one piece lights and some xxr wheels.

car was really clean with no major damages or any signs of RUST which was my major concern on these older cars. picked it up running for about 900 bucks to a local guy which was really cool, just did not had time or space for the car so i got lucky.

when i got it home couple days later... set car on jackstands and sold wheels for $400 with tires.

sold complete swap with everything for $450. So after selling tires and swap i almost got a free shell which is what i originally wanted.

took engine out..

took whole front suspension in 1 piece .. so much easier and less messier than taking apart

cleaned out engine bay componets ready to wash and clean, sand and primer.

funny what a little degreaser and soap and water can do lol.. like new after cleaning

Pressure cleaned and painted both fender inner portion, it was gross with grease and dirt. I used regular Rust proof paint from autoparts. came out clean.

Primered engine bay and painted it with some Creamy Tan color.

From here i jumped to the inside... took the whole interior apart dash, seats,seatbelts, etc...

from here i cleaned the whole interior to bare metal, took some dry ice and took out that ugly sound dreading material. im running a gutted look from the front seats back so its only fair i make it as clean as possible.

Once interior was all nice and clean i did the same process on the inside. Primered and painted the fron with some rust proof and half back with some primer and painted it to color match the engine bay. Reason i picked this Tan color is because im painting car Black cherry Pearl so the light interior will stand out nicely.

Once paint dried i tucked inside harness and retaped the old wire harness with new fresh tape for a cleaner look.

Meanwhile i was putting in work i was ordering some new parts online such as
Hasport mounts, hasport cable to hydro conversion, brand new tucked wire harness for a b20 vtec swap thats going into the car.

talking bout b20 vtec picked up the engine from a local guy which was also a cool dude. he has engine running in his crx he sold the shell and i got the engine from him full complete b20 vtec swap with gsr hydro tranny mild build for $1200
Engine came with b16 head, type r cams, type r oil and water pumps, type r manifold, dual springs, all new oem honda/acura seals. Block has ycp 11:5 pistons, arp studs and new headgasket. also came with aem furl rail and fpr and aem cam gears. it was a nice deal so i jumped on it. the swap also came with a p28 tuned ecu chipped and axles and shifter cables.

also ordered some PLM toda headers for b series

picked up a Carbon Kevlar victor x mani ported to 70mm and mishimoto fan along with a skunk2 cam seal from a friend

also picked up a brand new chasebays tucked radiator for $300 from local guy as well. he nerver used it was taking space.

along the way i got a little carried away and picked up a oem carbon fiber Hood and carbon fiber fenders as well.. lol i know.. what can i say???
it was a good deal lol... hood $300 and fenders 390 shipped.

so far this is all i have for now.. i got more parts coming and more work to do so ill keep the thread updated as i go.. taking a break this week. lol im tired! this integra kicking my BUTT lol.. getting too old for this...
Old 06-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my 1993 integra build.. back into hondas

So yesterday got a little time to do some work on the DA

i took apart the front subframe and steering rack. sanded and painted the subframe with some of the front suspension parts.

some goodies came in the mail. Hasport Mounts finally came in thanks to JHPUSA! for the order and fast shipping.

got a chance to mock up the Chasebays tuck radiator! and it fits perfect in there! just have to make a costum bracket to support it because the mounting plates dont match the frame.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry i havent posted anything in the last week. I finally got some free time to work on the DA.

so yesterday i was able to install the Brake lines and Brake booster.

i was going to go with a brake booster delete kit... but i figured ill clean the oem and paint it. came out clean, does the job and save me some money.

also got time to clean and paint the floor pedal for a fresh look. i also installed the steering column inside the car but did not took a pic.

so my steering rack was all disgusting with grease and the boots were ripped. i was debating wheather to buy a new one for 120 plus a core. OR spend 22 bucks and change my boots. so of course i only spend 22 bucks!! duh lol. looks like new now!

underview pic

look of the bay so far..

Old 06-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So yesterday night i was browsing tru my facebook and local craigslist like i always do at night before bed, and came across this beauty!! here i actually literally STOLE this car.!

i picked up a 1991 LS-S jasper DA with OEM JDM front with bunch of goodies with 5speed LS tranny and engine (engine has bad rod) easy fix... lol
ready for this...... i paid 380!!!!!! bucks for it. i couldn't sleep the night before hoping no one would buy it! lol... woke up the next morning talked to dude and made at deal at 380... he wanted 700OBO so after couples minutes of negotiating i showed up with the cash and got the car!

here some pics.

thats some random quick picks when i got it home.

so the GOODIES this car came in was

-OBD1 CONVERTED
-FULL OEM JDM FRONT including hood, fenders with oem side markers, jdm 1 piece! super clean no crack or broken tabs. even jdm light weight rad support!! lol
-DC2 GSR SEATS CLEAN
-LS WEBS RIMS WITH 3 NEW TIRES THE OTHER TIRES NEED CHANGE ( 5 RIMS IN TOTAL) LOL CRAZY
-FULL HKS CLEAN NO SCRAPE CATBACK! MINT
-SKUNK2 GOLD LCA'S
-FULL CAMBER KIT FRONT AND REAR
-AEROSPEED COILOVERS
-BEAKS LOWER ARM BAR
-BRAND NEW ENERGY SUSPENION MASTER BUSHING KIT IN BOX NEW NEVER USED
-EXTRA COMPLETE LS HEAD WITH DIZZY AND EVERYTHING (ASIDE FROM THE ONE IN THE CAR) 2 HEADS IN TOTAL.
-NEW BATTERY
-OEM JDM CLUSTER
-OEM SUNROOF ACURA VISOR
-92-93 JDM TAIL LIGHTS
-JDM BUMPER TURN SIGNALS LIKE NEW IN BOX NEVER INSTALLED
-FRONT 90-91 LIP
-BRAND NEW EBAY RED FAN NEVER INSTALLED
-ALUMINUM HALF CORE RADIATOR WITH FAN IN CAR
-AEM INTAKE
-CARBON FIBER DOOR HANDLES
-CLEAN INTRIOR! CLEAN DASH AND DOOR PANELS
-ALMOST NEW BLACK CARPET JUST NEEDS WASHED
- LS-S TRIM LEVEL WITH ALL POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF, ETC!

am sure am forgetting some stuff with all this excitement lol.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is some pics of the steering column installed and floor pedals.

This week Thursday im swapping out all the stuff from the other DA so ill have more pics once its all done.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So yesterday i spent a lot of time in the sun!!! it was HOT as hell!!!!! working on the DA

I was able to take the whole JDm front off and set it aside. im keeping it.
I was also able to swap radiator support! the JDM is so light compared to the USDM one.
Also i swapped both frond end complete suspension from one car to the other.

here is some random pics i took. sorry not much. The heat was so strong pics was the last thing on my mind! LOL

The suspension of the blue car has coils, aftermarket camber kit and all new Poly bushings already installed so that was a plus! i swapped that out to the white DA and the one from the white DA i installed it in the blue. i didn't want to have 2 cars on jack-stands lol. so i did a full swap and made sure the blue car can move in case i need space.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice work!!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you got some luck! lol looking good!
Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Crazy progress! Always fun to see somebody moving forward quickly, goodluck on the build
Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rdcd12
Nice work!!
thank you sir!

Originally Posted by SupremeDalek209
you got some luck! lol looking good!
yes i got real lucky on both purchase. i guess patience and searching each day pays off!! lol

Originally Posted by OrangeEm1
Crazy progress! Always fun to see somebody moving forward quickly, goodluck on the build
yes, i been trying to work on the car as much as possible but with full time job and a girlfriend can be hard lol.. you know how that goes. but i been moving pretty quick!

....... little update

Today the tucked wire harness came in! engine should be in the car soon
B20 vtec here i come... lol

Old 06-05-2016, 05:26 AM
Master Ninja

Damn nice cars

That's awesome progress keep it up.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:01 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great looking project! This day and age, it looks like you do the same thing I do, looking for deals, buy cheap, keep what you need selling off the stuff you don't. There is no cheaper way to do it, good job!

The car is coming along well
Old 06-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Eddie
Damn nice cars

That's awesome progress keep it up.
thanks bro! i will deff try to keep the paste up. get this car done quick lol

Originally Posted by Deetz
Great looking project! This day and age, it looks like you do the same thing I do, looking for deals, buy cheap, keep what you need selling off the stuff you don't. There is no cheaper way to do it, good job!

The car is coming along well
YES SIR!! its all in the HUSTLE lol. That is the only way to do it, especially with DA since there are so few of them around and hard to find parts. So when you see a good deal! you jump on it. Grab what you need and re sell the rest and get your money back lol. That is how i build all my cars, just gotta look around everyday! good deals come and go quick!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great start man keep it up.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

good work up in here!
Old 06-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sfljdmej2
Great start man keep it up.
Originally Posted by danteisme
good work up in here!
thanks guys! i appreciate the possitive feedback!

Little update today..........

So today i picked up a spare B16 head from a friend of mines. Gave me a deal i couldn't refuse! i would share but you all going to hate me ... so ill keep it to myself haha

B16 head stage 2 ported and polished ready for some big power NA motor. Radius valve job
Supertech dual springs
Supertech titanium retainers
Supertech new valve seals.
Supertech Nitride coated Flat valves for High compression builds.
along with all bolts and oem stuff.

only thing missing is the valve cover and dizzy.. which i have spares anywayz so im good.

here some pics.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Digging the time and detail put into this, not many people do all this to these cars. I enjoy knowing the car inside and out and being confident in its reliability by the time it's done. Did the same with my Si. I my self hunt for deals as well instead of just "catalog shopping" and blowing unnecessary money
Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xSteve_Ox
Digging the time and detail put into this, not many people do all this to these cars. I enjoy knowing the car inside and out and being confident in its reliability by the time it's done. Did the same with my Si. I my self hunt for deals as well instead of just "catalog shopping" and blowing unnecessary money
thank you sir! for the support! yes, it does makes me feel a lot better to know i Did all i could to make the car a new as possible and knowing what was done to it should make it reliable in the long haul..

Little update.........

So yesterday it was raining all DAy!!! here in Florida WPB. But of course i did not let that stop me from doing a little work on the car, i got some beach shorts and a Quicksilver Surf shirt i had in the closet and threw it on! Felt like a beach day while i was working on my car LOL.. The ligthing was a little scary tho but other than that it went fine.. i am still typing this update today! So we good! lol.

yesterday i was able to swap complete rear suspension from the Blue DA onto the White DA. Installed all stock parts into the blue DA and its good to go! just need to take out Carpet, Dash, JDM Cluster and Seats then the shell its good to GO! I don't need anything else from it Could not take too many Pics due to the rain but i did manage to snap a few here they are.

While i swapped out rear suspensions i cleaned and scrape all the rear grease and dirt from inside the fenders left it ready to Paint. Could not paint due to weather and rain. Im getting all NEW Rotors and Pads so dont mind those rusted ugly ones in there now!

I managed to clean and degrease the front suspension set up. This thing Had mountains of chunk grease all over!! it was gross. Now is clean and ready to change all bushings with the Energy suspension brand new bushing kit that came with the Blue DA never used.

While i was in the Cleaning Mode. Got the rear sway bar cleaned and degreased as well, The Skunk2 LCA bushings were ALL SHOT and DRY ROTTED.. What a disappointment i thought SKUNK2 was better than that lol... Anyways i already order new replacement Bushings for the LCA. that should take care of that. Not sure what ima do with that tie bar.. but i cleaned it anyways. The JDM radiator support is also cleaned and ready for paint!

Hopefully in the next couple days ill have the New carpet installed, The dash installed and The engine in the Bay.!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So yesterday got a little time to mess with the DA and got a little bit of stuff done!

took the whole inside harness, stripped the old tape and RE-taped it with fresh one. little tedious work.... took forever and so boring lol but got it done. Look clean

also installed it back in the car and ran both sides of the harness tru the firewall. the drivers side firewall plug was a Bitch!! to get in that hole due to the weird angle and no room.. but got it done.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So yesterday I got a day off , got to work on the DA . I checked my mail and the skunk 2 lca bushings came in ! Yay !
Here pic.

I greased them up and installed the bushings in

Also managed to paint the inside of the rear quarter panels also . That was overdue from last time but due to rain I could not paint it . This time I got around to .

Also managed to use my old clips and install the harness in the bay.

I also managed to install new Megan's coilovers sleeve and springs that came with the car .. So why not . The rears were quite annoying , took some banging in but got them done . Replaces those old rusted sleeves and springs it had before . Still gotta paint the shock towers but I'll do that next time .

After that me and my brother started taking apart the interior in the blue DA , managed to notice that the seatbelts were manual instead of auto like my white DA , eventho I took the seat belt track off lol .
Can't tell if they are the Oem manual DA seatbelts or modified ones. Still better than those auto ones.

I also managed to paint the Jdm bumper support for a fresh look .

Finished the day off with a little bonding with the little bro ! Teaching him a few things ! Wouldn't be fair to not give him some credit for helping me all the way through this build ! Hope his leaning something lol ... Had to take steering rack off to property install the firewall harness . So we got it back on .
Old 06-16-2016, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

great work on this man, wish i could get as much done so quickly as you have been doing
Old 06-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome progress thus far. Excited to see where this goes, consider me subbed.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dylspil
great work on this man, wish i could get as much done so quickly as you have been doing
thanks bro!! yes i been trying to do as much work as i can when i get free time.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nave43
Awesome progress thus far. Excited to see where this goes, consider me subbed.
thank you sir! appreciate the possitive feedback!
Old 06-24-2016, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So yesterday me and my brother went at it again. got some work done in the DA here some pics.

first we started by installing the front JDM radiator support.

After got insalled the firewall harness and connected all plus to the fuse box and grounds and etc. This pic dont show all connected properly but we did. is just for refference to the work lol.

We also installed the Carpet, it was really dirty we vacuumed it and cleaned it some. still needs little more cleaning but ill detail it later at my job, they got a really strong vacuum there that will suck all the hairs and dirt out. Although this is a street/track build i wanted to at least have carpet in for a cleaner look, rather than run the no carpet look.

Also installed some DC2 seats that came in the blue DA. looked better than mines so i used these. (only 3 bolts lined up..just so you guys know)

As soon as we finished the interior, we passed all the cables tru the firewall. throttle,clutch etc.. leaving the engine bay ready for swap. Im dropping engine Sunday!

So as soon as we finished the interior and engine bay, we went to the back and started to install rear suspension. i ended up not painting the shock towers black since i am getting new full body coil-overs soon. I got new Front and Rear rotors on the way!!! so dont mind these old rusted ones. My pads are still pretty new tho

So before installing the Skunk2 LCA had to install the exhaust! i was not going to make the mistake of installing it without the exhaust to have to take it all down. Lesson learned in the past. also installed the rear sway bar and the beaks tie bar. eventually ill take that gay sticker off ... for now my priority is just getting car running.

After rear suspension was installed, we swapped wheels. we installed the XXR's in the blue DA because the tires were shot! all 4! The Ls WEBS had new Falken tires all around so you cant go wrong with that. I also wanna give some credit and show some love to the blue DA for being an organ donor! and helping me with some parts and saving me money!

So to end the day! and get the engine ready! for sunday! I swapped intake manifold! installed my VictorX Kevlar manifold on. Eventually ill get a Billet TB for a cleaner look. this b16 TB has been ported to 70MM so it will do the job for now.

And finally installed my Hasport Cable to Hydro kit.

Quick Reply: my 1993 integra build.. back into hondas