Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)

Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)

Making me regret not doing 5 lug. There is still time hmmm
Old 07-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don’t think these need any introduction.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:49 PM
footwork mastery

Ohhhh nice!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace
Ohhhh nice!
chyeaaaaaa! We’re movin!

Today was a productive day. I didn’t get what I wanted done such as car wise but did house work however I added another spare item to the list. Picked up some woolite and sometime next week I’ll get to clean them and let them dry in this SoCal heat. I’m almost there interior wise just need my door inserts and carpet and floor mats which I been having the most difficult time searching for. So I plan on purchasing the red carpet from ACC and cutting out my original one to shape the new one from a thread I seen here that turned out to be pretty good. They also have extra padding vs oem which is a plus so I can give it some sound deadening.

Shout out to Jdm California for the EK9 rear bumper! 🤙
Ill have some current updates as I’m in the crunch time to completion with the birthday around the corner (July 24) then I’m on the 50/50 boat with signing up for targa trophy.

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 07-14-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Busy busy day. Swooped a OEM si lip, got my tires, picked up some Si rear disc brakes seeing how the ones I have from a type s will work due to different trailer arms. Now I’m on my way to autozone for the cables and call it a day. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about the carpet lol. So what I’m thinking about doing is trying to clean my originals and try dying them after bleaching them if it doesent turn out well then I’ll buy new carpet. But since it’s here, why not? 🤷*♂️

Old 07-16-2018, 11:49 AM
footwork mastery

ballin!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ballin!
I’m just playing catch up with you! I always come on to see what grimace did this week or that red eg that I can’t think of his username at the moment. You guys keep me moving and excited Other than that I’m on GDD. Lol Reason also I’m trying to finish this is my wedding is literally 11 months so I’m trying to really push this forward. Lol I’ll be happy now after I buy spoon calipers and a paint job. I’m going to paint this in mid August. Here’s everything as it sits now.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:29 PM
footwork mastery

Haha man we are in the same boat. Trying to build an old crappy civic and getting married. Congrats!

what does the lady think of your Honda?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems like all of us are getting married in the next year... lol. Hopefully your girl is as supportive as the rest of ours!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha man we are in the same boat. Trying to build an old crappy civic and getting married. Congrats!

what does the lady think of your Honda?
Originally Posted by GreatWave
Seems like all of us are getting married in the next year... lol. Hopefully your girl is as supportive as the rest of ours!
Well seeing before we met she knew i was a enthusiast and loved cars, and shoe collecting so it pretty much came with the package. She drove in it stock with me when i received it from my aunt and drove around town a few times. She thinks its "cute". lol Whenever she sees me in it she says i look like some mid age college kid and wonders if my snowboard or skateboard is in the trunk.. Im going to take that as a good thing of her saying i look young. Shes into builds as well. The black RSX was her daily and the IS was our family car. Her plans were to do a DC5 Rhd build. But she opted out after the work promotion and her job now being 15 min from the house. So we sold it. So now she DD's the IS (wants to build that) and now were looking for our "family" mobile. We are debating between a Ford flex limited or New Tahoe. Right now its wedding first.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:41 AM
footwork mastery

Nice! Mines into cars too just not old hondas. She doesn’t get it and honestly can’t blame her not sure why I haven’t moved on.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My girl is super into Hondas right now lol. We both pass the same eg hatch on our drive home from work and she keeps asking me if I've stopped to look at it.... Wedding gift? lol
Old 07-19-2018, 03:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If it’s for her and not you lol.

Picked up the SI lines so now I’m all set for the 5 lug conversion. Just need to drop everything off.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just counting the days my car should be ready.. til then I bought something to keep me busy. Seat brackets came in as well for the recaros. To bad I can’t play it because my kids bum rushed me and are playing fortnite. I didn’t know they made vr 3D movies so I may set this up in my room and trip out. I’m going to the shop tomorrow hopefully have some photos for you guys. Forsure I plan on cleaning the recaros and prep that up.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Woke up wayyyy early today and knocked it out by 9:20.
woolite, woolite carpet cleaner, shop vac and just using these great massage hands I got. 🤣

before and afters

Old 07-21-2018, 06:34 PM
footwork mastery

Holy ****!!! That’s night and day if I knew they’d clean up like that could score some deals.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow i really didn't think you'd get looking as good as you did. I have some stains I need out in my seats, will be buying woolite haha.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:56 PM
footwork mastery

Going to buy some cheap Recaros next time I am in LA and drop them by your place for some restoration. Still shocked
Old 07-23-2018, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Going to buy some cheap Recaros next time I am in LA and drop them by your place for some restoration. Still shocked
Originally Posted by Ericjergs
Wow i really didn't think you'd get looking as good as you did. I have some stains I need out in my seats, will be buying woolite haha.
Grimace call in advance and place the order over the phone and tell them to hold them. I had the utmost time getting a set. I had to call 5 different places in la and Jdm california was the only one who had one set. Steve at hmo didnt even have any in a container which i was shocked because he is my go to.
LOL! Yeah you need to take your time doing it though. Because the material is very delicate and you dont want to rub to hard in one spot to long because youll start getting into the fibers and youll notice it going to the final threads before the seat cushion itself. I felt comfortable doing this because i done this to another pair of red Recaros i had back in the day and they turned out the same way as these so i was just hoping using the same stuff years later they didnt change chemical formulas and it would destroy the seats.

If anything use your hands and massage into the seats and for the harder spots get a bristle brush. a very fine soft one not one thats going to be very abrasive. i used a combination of carpet cleaner along with woolite. Ill just say how i did it below.
With a combination of deep carpet cleaner. I apply the carpet cleaner to one unnoticeable spot first so there’s no color fade/issue. Then if it’s good I pre treat the heavy areas to break grime etc, then a slight rub with my hands, then I’ll soak the seats, wash one area at a time and massage the seats. Heavy dirt areas I use a soft bristle brush (like delicate bristle not the hard ones you use for a bathroom because these seats are delicate and rare as ****) Then I’ll re rinse the seats to get all the soap out, then my shop vac to get majority of the water, let the sun dry them out.= the finish product.

After all this I’ll be purchasing covers and only showing these seats at shows or when I want to show off. lol. But other than that to keep them good and fresh and less fade, covers. The black set im going to take them out and wrap and store in the garage . I already know ill be getting **** for ordering these because people will be thinking i have fake seats underneath but i could care less seeing how ill be removing the tint from my window and these will see direct sun, i prefer them not to get faded or have the same dirt problems from driving on a day to day basis seeing how this will be the daily. But this is what i planned on getting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC2-RECARO-Seats-Cover-1-single-piece-Red/253586810972?hash=item3b0af3a85c%3Ag%3AF8oAAOSwpdp VcF1K&_pgn=2&_sacat=0&_nkw=recaro+seat+cover&_from =R40&rt=nc

So the shop gave me a call saturday and told me to drop off the motor on tuesday. So you know what that means!!!! Ill be driving away on my birthday!

Last edited by BoBaFreak; 07-23-2018 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:11 AM
I really don't know

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man - 100 photos later and I see 0 boba photos but like 10 tow truck photos.

You have the heart of a champion!

<!~ but its boba
Old 07-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by A D NOH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

Man - 100 photos later and I see 0 boba photos but like 10 tow truck photos.

You have the heart of a champion!

<!~ but its boba
its all on my IG. I only go to 85c. The boba phase has died in the IE not like it is in the 626 unless I lived in diamond bar/chino area. Besides Starbucks Corp = Free coffee and verismo k cups every week. I’m WINNING! But here you go sweet cheekz. Milk tea extra sweetened with xtra boba. The usual and I’ll get a the blueberry cheesecake if I’m feeling myself.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Conversion is done but ran into a issue... wish I would have know. I needed a Rhd engine harness. So I had to take a trip to hmotors and luckily Steve was able to look for one in his collection. Found a 99/00 vti. Everything was identical minus 2 plugs. Snapped some photos while there...

Big shout out to Steve! It was either this or Ry or Monotech. Which meant a few more days down time. Hope to have it running by Monday 🤞🤞 send a prayer for me guys. It’s been a long time coming. Lol
Old 08-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Soooooo FYI when doing a RHD conversion make sure you have the following
RHD engine harness (check)
RHD Steering column switches (getting today)
brake lines (getting today)
Throttle cable(custom)

as of now im just meh over all this... All in all were almost there. I was going to wait till it was all done and hold out on these pictures but i guess since its monday.....
Old 08-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm so jealous of you guys in California. SO many local shops/resources.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ericjergs
I'm so jealous of you guys in California. SO many local shops/resources.
Its not all glitter and gold. You call around and ask many import shops, they will not do this. Vin tampering is a thing most shops avoid doing UNLESS they know you personally. Most of the time they dont want to do this because of legal reasons. Real big ones at that.
Everything else though, your on the money about. Washington and NY is up there too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mighty Mau5 (00 Honda Civic EK)