Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Shōkan | | yet another turbo CE1 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shōkan | | yet another turbo CE1 build

if you need to get up to speed, Part 1 (introduction)

onto part 2, yay!

so far the car is still getting a few things ironed out from a headgasket job (like fixing my cat because mine was stolen) but once that is done, i will move onto the installation of a few items i got sitting on a shelf since the last time this thing ran, oh also rear window needs replacing, just waiting on FedEx to decide on what time in the morning they wanna try to give me the urethane so I can put my new glass on

Taillamps are from Buyee.JP, just like my kolnes muffler (pictured in Part 1 (introduction) )

so far i plan to catch up on maint. and doing things my F22B1 needs like a tune-up

Parts list for the thus far planned replacements:

headlamp pigtails (high) (low) (VLEDS bulbs)
Distributor rebuild (rotor) (cap) (o ring)
our lord and savior, NGK (plugs) (wires)

i also plan on TheMuffinMan's NSX caliper swap, with R.O.H., all i need for R.O.H. is 2 axle nuts and 2 bearings, then i can finally bask in not having captured rotors
now since NSX rotors are pretty decently hard to find, im gonna put my trust in Reybestos for the calipers (FR) (FL) with these pads, unless anyone else has a better option,
all thats needed is the OE NSX caliper so no need for like the Project Mu calipers (also those are like 3k a set so yea, not in the budget car lol)

next up is H&R sport coils, oe struts are starting to die

other than that, i plan on new tires, new OE rotors for all 4 wheels, also CE1 project mu Bestop pads (front) (rear) for OEM caliper, as something cool for the CE1 owners and all others that use the same hardware as my 96 EX wagon

i will update the thread as i update my wagon, feel free to offer advice, ect, and no im not looking at turbo yet, thats later on after all these service things just to make things better than they were, headlamp pigtails are because when it was stolen in april, they stole the headlamps and ripped the pigtails off of my harnesses.... so woo new pigtails!

from pixel car racer forums

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-18-2022, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: Shōkan | | yet another turbo CE1 build

Neat car, good luck with the build. I've always liked these and the CB7.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-19-2022, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Shōkan | | yet another turbo CE1 build

thank you, im having to replace my rear windscreen, and do some maint. like i said, when i got the wagon it had all mechanicals good, and i got it, the bodywork could use help, but thankfully i have a friend in the northern WA state to help with that, its only got 148xxx mi. and i plan on manual swapping before the turbo, im just toying with the idea of mabye doing some N/A tuning (i.e. upgrading the fuel, intake, and cooling all before the turbo, so when i put the turbo in, it makes it easier, plus my wagon gets to run crisp for a bit, but im assuming a tune is needed for that

also cant find much on F22B1 (V-Tec) turbo builds, but i found one on a random forum and wanted to know how accurate it is, so i ask the more experienced members for their insight on this, as i also plan on keeping AC like this guy did... gets way too hot here to not have AC

https://www.superhonda.com/threads/f...urizing.87764/

but if that is true that will be amazing, so i have my hopes high, but not too high, but we can dream right? lol

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hp-blower.php

Last edited by ScarletOkami; 07-19-2022 at 12:46 AM. Reason: forgot some info that came back to me shortly after posting