Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Jergel's EJ6 Hatchback - Autocross/Daily

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:30 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Jergel's EJ6 Hatchback - Autocross/Daily

True, I am going to try making a spare tire cover this weekend for mine. The original one got wet before I owned it so now it's completely useless. Carpet just forms to the spare tire and looks like poop. Found Home depot sells some of that plastic sign board going to try it with that to keep the weight down. If not just use wood :/
Old 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by .Grimace
True, I am going to try making a spare tire cover this weekend for mine. The original one got wet before I owned it so now it's completely useless. Carpet just forms to the spare tire and looks like poop. Found Home depot sells some of that plastic sign board going to try it with that to keep the weight down. If not just use wood :/

Yeah that's exactly what mine looked like, except no carpet lol. I've noticed my hatch leaks some, so it's probably from that. Do you know of any weak points in the rear that let water in on this model?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM_JNKY
Keep up the progress. I've always wanted to retro some Headlights but never find the courage.
I picked up a free set of headlights that were kinda banged up but decent enough to run with while I retro'd my non-cracked set. Having a spare set really helps with courage haha.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally made some progress on the body. There was some rust alongside the window seal which allowed water to leak in from the roof. Fortunately, my roommate works in a bodyshop and once a new windshield/molding was ordered the rusty areas were cut back and repaired. No more leaky roof, new windshield, and finally got to install my headliner I re-did back in January. While it was in the shop, my friend decided to also repair some damage from a previous owner on the hood, it looks like they tried installing a hood badge, but it was very off center so I'm not sure what they were trying to do.

Fitment was tight with the headliner having a 1/4 inch foam backing to it, but I was able to get it all squared away and I'm very happy with the results. I plan on pick up some door panels this weekend if the seller still has them available and I'll be able to continue overhauling the interior in my spare time.

Photos aren't fantastic, but it was dark and I only had my phone.

I think the plan is going to be to paint the a, b, and c pillars with satin black interior paint, and then just have black accents through some of the other interior bits to bring it all together.

On to next bit....Autocross!

Had a great time over at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta's SCCA did a great job running the event, especially with the huge turnout there was. I learned a lot, and plan on signing up for the March event as well.

You can see the hood repair in this photo

Really happy I finally have my first event under my belt. I was worried about the car being FWD as I don't have much experience driving FWD cars close to their limits, but the Civic handled itself really well.

Next immediate mods are going to be finishing up the the rear seat delete kit, I've purchased the wood and have made measurements, just need some time to cut it and piece it all together. I believe having the rear seats out will put me in a fairly competitive class once I get deeper into autocrossing, more excuses to throw money at the car I suppose!

I'm also looking into purchasing the CTR rear sway bar from Password JDM alongside the ASR subframe bracing to prevent tearing. I think this will be a welcome addition to the build and also help a ton with the under steer these cars tend to have.

As always, thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts!

Photos by Instagram: @lowtege
Old 02-21-2018, 01:58 PM
footwork mastery

Nice! How hard was the headliner to do? About to turn mine in for paint and then comes the interior. That’s a job I wasn’t looking forward to.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice! How hard was the headliner to do? About to turn mine in for paint and then comes the interior. That’s a job I wasn’t looking forward to.
The headliner wasn't too bad honestly. The biggest pain was just reinstalling the handles, sun visors, and rear view mirror because the fabric I used was thicker than OEM stuff. I needed a friends help to reinstall, but taking it out was easy by myself.

Also need to make sure the conditions are right for the glue, low humidity, warm temps, and be sure to remove the old orange foam so the new fabric has something to adhere to.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:09 PM
footwork mastery

Nice I’m excited to do it after seeing how good yours looks. Wanted to wrap the light colored pillar plastics in alcantara or something fancy.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice I’m excited to do it after seeing how good yours looks. Wanted to wrap the light colored pillar plastics in alcantara or something fancy.
Alcantara would be a pretty sweet idea honestly. Only downside is it's a little pricey. I say go for it, I feel like anything would help, I hate the light grey interior bits in our cars. I need to do something about the sun visors, but it looks like sewing is involved and I have no idea where how to sew.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM
footwork mastery

Yea my plan is to find some black CTR ones. I assume they’re black?

added you on IG
Old 02-22-2018, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wanna say the CTR is a mix of dark grey and black, but I'm not sure which pieces are what honestly.

And thanks man! Followed back!
Old 02-23-2018, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you dudes every need anything CTR, check out the link in my sig
Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GreatWave
Damn, just bought a CTR rear sway bar and brackets from password JDM earlier this week. It's new at least, but would have been nice to save the 100 bucks haha. I'll keep this is mind next time I'm looking at OEM type r stuff.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 02:34 PM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by GreatWave
yea not bad deals either. Too bad those seats don’t have rails
Old 02-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe next time lol. We're expecting a new container within the month, so check back with us on the seats. We only order what we would use in our own cars.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Small Update

Just a quick update on the car.

1. O-ring for the distributor started leaking fairly bad and eating away at the heater-core hose below. Failpro o-ring didn't fix the issue, so will need to order from Honda I suppose. Old heater-core hose was about to blow, glad I got that situated and out of the way. Another positive...cleaned the hell out of the transmission, was completely black with old grime and debris.

2. Password:JDM still hasn't shipped my order, they finally emailed me back this weekend stating I'll receive the items with enough time to install before the next autocross event...time will tell!

3. Also picked up an AP1 s2000 wheel from a guy selling one local, pics to come!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn dude, that's forever long to get something shipped...
Old 03-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah they said ASR should have already shipped the product and they were waiting on their Honda rep to drop off the sway bar and bushings. Ordered everything on 2/21, still hasn't gone out according to my order status. And it took them almost a week to respond to my email/call.

I'm sure I'll eventually get the parts, and it doesn't seem to be all of Password:JDM's fault, just wish their customer service was a little better though haha.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Forgot to mention a couple things.
I finally picked up a door panel, got a pair of manual ones for 60 bucks. No cracks thankfully, but the cloth just needs to be refinished which is what I was planning on doing anyway.

I also removed the remaining poly inserts for the motor mounts. I was over the constant vibrations, don't see how people daily with them in! Shifting and clutch engagement are a little more numb at first, but after a few minutes of driving I don't really notice.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 AM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by Ericjergs
Forgot to mention a couple things.
I finally picked up a door panel, got a pair of manual ones for 60 bucks. No cracks thankfully, but the cloth just needs to be refinished which is what I was planning on doing anyway.
Jealous, been looking for a set forever myself. Decided to keep mine I just can't bail on it.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well glad to hear you're still in it! But yeah, I got lucky. I went to a local guy who has a bunch of civics parted out, and picked up both door panels, great condition cup holders from a 99, and various interior bits all for 80 bucks. Everything I see online shows door panels at 150-200 plus shipping which wasn't worth it to me.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the steering wheel installed! Looks a thousand times better in the car, you can really notice the smaller diameter too, I'm no longer getting my arms in a pretzel while trying to turn the wheel on some corners. I think end game I'll eventually move towards a powered rack, as the manual rack turning ratio is way too much imo. Might be sooner than later too, because after spinning out a couple times during this last weekends autocross event, the play in the steering got a little worse. Unless something is up with the tie-rods I just installed, I'm leaning towards the rack being the issue. Is there any other thing it could be? Also, still no word from PasswordJDM, starting to get impatient with them.

Anyway, check out some of the garage shots my roommate took. You can follow him on IG @lowtege

Old 03-12-2018, 06:33 PM
footwork mastery

s2000 wheels :thumbsup:

Love mine vs the OEM one.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

s2000 wheels :thumbsup:

Love mine vs the OEM one.

So much better, my original one was some how really slick too, I guess because it was so worn? Grip is much better, width is better, etc etc. Reminds me a lot of the NB Miata Nardi wheel I swapped over into my NA Miata.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear about the issues with pwjdm, dude. I only ordered from them one time and didn't have much trouble. That wheel, however, that's nice
Old 03-15-2018, 05:01 PM
footwork mastery

Had to look back at that headliner again. Really need to do mine. Also what shift **** is that?

If you ever get that RSB setup curious on your feedback

Quick Reply: Jergel's EJ6 Hatchback - Autocross/Daily