Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

jdmkraziestyles build thread (05-28-09)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: jdmkraziestyles build thread (05-28-09)

Originally Posted by jdmkraziestyles
You are the man Des! Your videos are so clear. What camera did you use? But nice. Anyways, so I am missing the front bumper support then. This is the 3rd time I am buying this thing. The previous shop before lost it also so that was the 2nd time buying it and now this is the 3rd. I will call some shops tomorrow and find out who has it at and at the lowest price I can find.

When did you guys check the codes on the car? Same day that they pulled out the motor? Jacob did because we were not even at the shop when they pulled the motor out. We were driving around still and when we got back, the motor was out and the car was on the trailer ready for drop off to the paint shop.

I hope that you guys wont run into too much problems with the wiring and electrical issues up ahead. I am hoping for the best!

glad to hear its finally coming along. if you need any ITR body parts lmk there is a shop in town that just has crazy amounts of JDM ITR parts. like a whole top shelf of nothing but bumpers and lips, headlights and bumper supports. keep us updated.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coming out nice!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear about your loss... Out of curiosity, why you didn't take it a shop in Norcal since you are located here. Theres a lot of shops out here that are qualified to perform this kind of work. I can name a handful right off the top of my head.

cars looking nice ::thumbsup::
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

glad its coming back to life!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by G U E C O
sorry to hear about your loss... Out of curiosity, why you didn't take it a shop in Norcal since you are located here. Theres a lot of shops out here that are qualified to perform this kind of work. I can name a handful right off the top of my head.

cars looking nice ::thumbsup::
Which shops in the Bay Area are doing RHD conversions that wont charge an arm and a leg? The only shop I knew was RedZone but it was pricey plus I had to bring the car stripped and it was still out of my range and thats not including paint.

If I found a shop here in the Bay Area, I probably would have done it here. But the only good thing I got out of this was the friendship I earned from Desmon and his friends. That was one very good outcome through all this endeavor.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC4KiD
Back to white, huh John?
It's starting to look REALLY NICE!
Yeah back to white. I have always liked white cars. I wanted something simple and clean. Plus rock chips is harder to see on white cars. LOL!

But at least this time, the paint has been done the right away and they took their time. At least everything matches now including interior and engine bay.

What about your car? still white or different color? The thing I like about your car is the drop. But I would have such a hard time driving that way. LOL!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by koji126
Aren't you glad I convinced you to go with Des with the alarm install. Seems like he's helping out with more than an alarm. I think you should be treating him to some saki bombs when he comes up to norcal. Haha.
Joseph, I am really glad that I met Desmon. He is really nice and very friendly. He is all about his business. He knows when its time to work and time to party! Sake Bombs! LOL!

Desmon, we will head on out to Ca Dream Girls...is that right? LOL!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
I have control of the car. Me and my 2 friends shops are doing all the work. You drop them off. We build them I do not want to turn this into a advertisment thread. All shout outs will be done when the car is done!
Thanks Des! All shout outs and thanks will be properly given once its done. Im all about safety precautions here. So please, if you know where the shop is at, keep it to yourself until such time the car is done. Thanks and much appreciated!
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmkraziestyles
Yeah back to white. I have always liked white cars. I wanted something simple and clean. Plus rock chips is harder to see on white cars. LOL!

But at least this time, the paint has been done the right away and they took their time. At least everything matches now including interior and engine bay.

What about your car? still white or different color? The thing I like about your car is the drop. But I would have such a hard time driving that way. LOL!
Yeah, it's still Championship White, haha...
It's been sitting for the past 7 months while I did some major work to it. I'll post the outcome on TI.net once it's all said and done
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I read about your whole ordeal on The Chronicles.

Good to see everything is turning out.... so far so good!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

car looks great
Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by M2S~Juan
I read about your whole ordeal on The Chronicles.

Good to see everything is turning out.... so far so good!
Sorry but whats the Chronicles? Got a link for it?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://stickydiljoe.com/2009/05/31/oh-sweet-justice/
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the link Des! Mr popular here on net! Des is just everywhere.

Stay tuned for updates on the build from Desmon and his friends of course...I myself cant wait!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wOW GReat Build!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Will post some new pics! Dropped the motor in today. Car started right up with no cels! after getting the car with 12 cels. Ac and powering steering installed. Next on the list. Doing the inside wiring. MAn and thats going to be fun!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That last shot is beautiful. Looking good. I'm not surprised that Des is helping you out so much. Super nice guy.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ6JON
wOW GReat Build!
You're telling me. A lot of hardwork put into it by a lot of good people and shops. Can't complain.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will post some new pics! Dropped the motor in today. Car started right up with no cels! after getting the car with 12 cels. Ac and powering steering installed. Next on the list. Doing the inside wiring. MAn and thats going to be fun!
That's very good news. i thought something happend when you called and said there was good news and bad news. but glad you were just having some fun. LOL! I know you have been doing some hard work into my car and it shows.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alacard
That last shot is beautiful. Looking good. I'm not surprised that Des is helping you out so much. Super nice guy.
Thanks! I know Des is a really nice guy! My gf and I along with our baby went down for Fathers Day just to see the car. I was hoping to hang out with Des but did not have enough time. Not even just to go out and eat. Next time. At least, Des got a bottle of Henney out of it. LOL! Just a little token of appreciation. Not much but it shows you are being appreciated!

The car was really nice and both my gf and I like the type of white. Goes pretty well with the gold to it. I have some pics that I took last week and will also post it up. Just haven't had the time since super busy with work since I got back. But hoping to post the pics sometime this weekend.

Des, been trying to reach you yesterday (Friday). I sent out the parts that needs to be installed on the car. Should be there Tuesday. Can't wait to see how it looks like. Any updates on the wiring behind the dashboard since we talked about it? Let me know. Much appreciation and thanks to Des, Jacob and Sun/son for all the hardwork so far!!! Sareth too for the paint! Everybody works like a TEAM!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 PM

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. Glad you got everything worked out. Car looks great now. Keep it up, man
Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some pics from Fathers Day that I took when my gf and I went to SoCal to see the car:

After 4 months of just sitting getting work done to the car, you are bound to get some of these (LOL):

Still needs more work on the car. I just found out yesterday that all the JDM Harness are messed up. They are not even JDM harnesses. They were USDM that the ******* tried to flip and kept the JDM Wiring. so now, I have to buy another set of wiring. More money and its over the budget. But as long as the car comes out better than ever, its all worth it.

The seal of approval:

Last edited by jdmkraziestyles; 06-30-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: image deleted
Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some new pics. We just pulled the dash to install the correct wireing harness for the car. After finding out that the other guy that we will not name took the jdm harness and reversed the usdm harness to make some extra cash. I had to run out to "h-motors" to grab a new front clip to gut that one. Please do not mind the green firewall you will not see it when the dash is in.

John look at the car above yours. Looks familiar?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car is almost done im assuming. Maybe the next week or two Des? Still needs the alarm/auto start and some more buffing and touch up? I know that Desmon has been working hard on my car and the final outcome will show.

Yes,the car is familiar. Whats it getting done and is it for nisei? Did you get a spot and the shop too? Im so glad that i went with you and your shop for this rebuild. I thi k it was one of the best decisions ever! Looks great!

With the new harness, is everything running now and working?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to read what have gone through! But atleast it's coming to the finish line and looking damn good! Can't wait for updates myself haha.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Quick Reply: jdmkraziestyles build thread (05-28-09)