Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

HELP!!! JDM b16a tranny (STICKER VIN?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! JDM b16a tranny (STICKER VIN?)

hey HT members ****en cops raided my house because they said that iv been stealing cars and they seen under my hood and i have a OB1 JDM b16a Motor that i bought from some guy on craigslist in Fresno County with out paper work. I got lock up for this and they tow my car and now there trying to say that the long block is stolen too! beacuse it is a JDM motor with out vin. soo i got locked up as a misdemeanor for haveing a tranny without a vin and my bail ammount is 150 and got bail the next day, there trying to pin the long block (b16a) as a stolen motor beacuse it doesnt have a vin also witch is going to be a felon and imma get time for that because theres no way i can prove that i didnt steal it.

Soo HT members plz help me buy givein me any info on where i can find a site where it can prove that the b16a motor and tranny doesn't come with a metal plate vin

wat i noe is that the tranny comes witht he sticker vin but from wat i noe the sticker can come of threw the rain, snow and the weather! but i need to prove that it does from a site or any infomation

PLZ HT HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

Default Re: HELP!!! JDM b16a tranny (STICKER VIN?)

Check Hmotorsonline ... call them up ask for steve... tell him your scenario and give him an email address or a fax number he can emaikl you or fax you proof that JDM motors do not have vin's... i had an issue like that also tell the cops to look at the front of the block above the opil pan to see if theres even rivet holes there. No rivet holes equals no vin plate on th block becuasse it is JDM B16A .. as far as the trans ... get a picture of a trans with the sticker with the bar code on it and show them that BUT trannies come with vin tags unless once again JDM..
Old 01-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! JDM b16a tranny (STICKER VIN?)

Take it to ur local DMV and let them inspect the motor plus tranny tell him its a JDM and explain..... those vins always fall off thats what they told me...they fill out a form have them sigh and give to u..u could use that in court....they cant trace a jdm motor for being stolen unless the original owner has the paper work from the shop he got it from and reported it stolen..