Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

EJ1 Stance Build

Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJ1 Stance Build

Ok guys ive pretty much only owned efs up until this point.. A 88 DX hatch, 89 SI hatch, 90 Wagovan, 89 DX hatch(ZC swapped), and my latest build 91 LX Sedan, which is gone now. Anyways christmas day 2014 i was offered a 93 Civic ex complete shell minus motor and trans for my 15x8 rota shakotans. I of course jumped on it and have been working on this shell ever since.

Heres a quick picture of my sedan.

Now back to the coupe. This shell had no body damage, no rust only real issue was someone painted over the oem red which really aggravates me . But heres what it looked like when i first went and looked at it.

I picked it up the next day and heres a picture of the bay when i got it home, if u can see it was really greasy on the driver side from an open header since the car was previously turboed.

Immediately me and my little brother took everything out of the bay and started cleaning it, thank god for purple power..

I got it primered and ready for paint in the first few days.

I decided on a darker purple for the bay, heres a few shots of it.

Now since i was still piling up my motor parts i was loaned a set of wheels.
My buddies 15x9 +36 TR Motorsports C3Ms, also running 2 inch spacers all the way around, also if you didnt notice i havent had my fenders rolled or even touched them yet, thats why theres to much camber, ill have perfect fitment when im done.

I found a set of oem clear tails for a decent price and i couldnt say no. Ive always wanted a set and must a say they look sexyyy.

Heres a few pictures of it in actual light.

Now since i started this build i set my mind on buying a tuck harness. I looked around on rywire, chase bays, etc but they were pricey . A good friend recommended me to a guy who made me a great one for only $150.
So i got to work on taking the dash out and getting ready to run the harness. The fuse box will be where the air bag was, and battery in the trunk

Finally i picked up mostly everything i needed to get the motor together, the block is factory rebuild and i worked awhile on cleaning it and stuff. Plan for now is D15b7 block with a z6 head. (mini-me swap) with a z6 tranny. Not looking for power just low and clean.

And heres a couple more pics i got of it for now. Motor is almost ready to go in. Ive got almost everything i need.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EJ1 Stance Build

Not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination, but I give you props for doing the work/cleaning/painting yourself. Have fun!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Guys........come on now...its his ride. This is a build thread and he is updating.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't get all the hate; don't like it, don't comment.

i respect the work and effort put into it, hopefully it's good quality work and won't be a hack. eventually, maybe OP will get sick of the ill geometry of that poor suspension and will restore it to something more useful. but the hobby is the BUILD cars - and that's what this cat is doing. I like the tail lights too, I wish I could get my hands on some just to have something to switch out to once in a while when I'm tired of 'stockish'.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

lol at tomcat deleting my comments it's a public forum I didn't break any rules, stop "protecting" ppl from the real world...maybe some past experience in your life drives you to try and do this. Glad I don't try and hide
Old 02-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Daughter not possible

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a fan of stance, probably wouldnt drive next/behind/infront of anyone with stretched tires, but I will say this; if you can find a way to leave the fenders looking stock, then do it. If you pull them it may look 'good' while the car is stanced, but once you go a more conservative route, its going to look horrible. Also if you go to sell a pulled car, especially after taking the wheels off, people seem to have huge problems finding buyers. If the next guy doesnt want stance, that means bodywork and thats the biggest turn-off for buyers/getting a decent price.

Have fun
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
lol at tomcat deleting my comments it's a public forum I didn't break any rules, stop "protecting" ppl from the real world...maybe some past experience in your life drives you to try and do this. Glad I don't try and hide
Ditto, the truth hurts bro. Let him "build" a ricecar, so all his high school friends could admire his mad cool tilted slower than a mini van civic.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLethaleg6
Ditto, the truth hurts bro. Let him "build" a ricecar, so all his high school friends could admire his mad cool tilted slower than a mini van civic.
Yo man. We just finished a full SRT-4 drivetrain swap in a Dodge minivan last week at the shop. Dude spent almost 9k cash plus whatever he spent on the van itself to get it going but I bet he surprises
The hell outta some people at test n tunes/dyno days/Grudge track racing in the 2015 season so Minivans aren't always slow people!!! I know of at least one Borg Warner s300 powered caravan that will rock some peoples world this season lol.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B20VtecVillain
Yo man. We just finished a full SRT-4 drivetrain swap in a Dodge minivan last week at the shop. Dude spent almost 9k cash plus whatever he spent on the van itself to get it going but I bet he surprises
The hell outta some people at test n tunes/dyno days/Grudge track racing in the 2015 season so Minivans aren't always slow people!!! I know of at least one Borg Warner s300 powered caravan that will rock some peoples world this season lol.
yea i know all about those turbo mini vans lol. seen a couple run high 13's at the track, but at the end of the day its still a minivan lol.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetLethaleg6
but at the end of the day its still a minivan lol.
you mean, much the same way a civic is still a civic at the end of the day? or does yours Cinderella into a Sesto Elemento?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bbarbulo
you mean, much the same way a civic is still a civic at the end of the day? or does yours Cinderella into a Sesto Elemento?
My civic remaining a civic is a good thing, I love civics hence why I own one. Someone who owns a fast mini van doesn't own one because he likes mini vans, its because he likes the idea of a fast, surprising sleeper, not the vehicle in of its self.

Nice try at a sarcastic clever comment, there is only one problem though; you need to be smart and clever.....better luck next time.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Dump city..
Old 02-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks extremely unsafe....riding on the very sidewall for which it was never designed? I hope it doesn't have a blowout and hurt others on the road