Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

dothatstuff's archives: 1995 Civic DX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dothatstuff's archives: 1995 Civic DX Sedan

1995 Honda Civic DX 1.5L AT
last updated: 2/14/17

Exterior:
- EG9 SiR front lip BNIB
- EG9 SiR trunk spoiler (not installed)
- EG9 OEM mudguards BNIB
- EG6/9 OEM front nose mask BNIB

Interior:
- EG6/EJ1 OEM graphite gray floor mats BNIB
- JDM OEM radio delete
- JDM OEM coin pocket
- Broadway 270mm convex rear view mirror

Suspension:
- Function & Form Type One coilovers
- 16x7 +40 Buddy Club P1 Racing SF matte black
- 205/45 Barum Bravuris 3HM
- Project Kics r26 lug nuts
- 15x5.5 +45 JDM EG6/9 SiR alloys (winter mode)

Engine:
- D15b7 all stock unknown miles

Hey everyone, my name is Pierce and welcome to my excruciatingly slow build thread/log/chronicles/journal/whatever you want to call it. The purpose of this thread is to record any modifications, D.I.Y's, or routine maintenance and share the results with you fine folks.

I recently picked up a 1995 Honda Civic DX sedan. I'm no stranger to this chassis, this will be my 5th EG 4dr! In my head I have a pretty extensive list of upgrades I would like to make, but for now we'll keep it reliable and focus on simplicity. Again, I want to be clear, this won't be a super exciting, mouth watering build thread. Think of it more as like your grandparents are telling you boring stories as they flip through an old dilapidated photo album.

Anyways, I don't have much to report for my first post on this thread. I purchased the car from a good friend and I'll be bringing it home in a few days. Here she is: my 1995, horizon grey, Honda Civic DX sedan...

I will be sharing some better photos this week after I get her home and cleaned up

Last edited by dothatstuff; 02-14-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: dothatstuff's archives: 1995 Civic DX Sedan

Its definitely a clean slate to start with.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a great base to start with. I will take stock, clean and original all day any day. No dericing or removing crappy parts, no body damage or major rust, a perfect blank canvas
Old 08-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Its definitely a clean slate to start with.
Originally Posted by NotoriousEK
Looks like a great base to start with. I will take stock, clean and original all day any day. No dericing or removing crappy parts, no body damage or major rust, a perfect blank canvas
I agree guys! I've always found when you have a clean stock car the progress you make is so much more satisfying. Also, this may sound weird, but I feel more attached to the car when I start from scratch. Makes it feel special

So I finally got the Civic home a couple days ago. She runs like a top and I couldn't be any happier to finally have an EG 4dr again. Something about this chassis keeps pulling me back!

Snapped a pic just for the sake of this thread when I was leaving the dog park

Ordered a couple things from hmotors Should be arriving early next week I believe!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Couple things came in the mail last week! BNIB OEM front nose mask and BNIB OEM mudguards. Didn't get a chance to install the mudguards but they'll be going on soon!

Next project is going to be restoring the faded window trim and front wiper arms!
Old 08-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know that I mentioned that my next project was going to be restoring the dilapidated window trim....but I found a nice set of the chrome trim at a local junkyard. For those who don't know, the EX and LX models featured nice chrome window trim while the DX model was stuck with boring textured black trim that often cracks and fades. Removing the trim was no easy task. The brittle plastic clips holding each piece in would crack under the smallest amount of pressure. Luckily, being at junkyard, I had lots of cars to practice on! Anyways, I think it looks much better now

before:

after:

Old 09-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

goodluck with the build! That brand new bra looks great btw!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SupremeDalek209
goodluck with the build! That brand new bra looks great btw!
Thank you! I'll be needing all the luck I can get lol.

So a few nights ago, this car was stolen from outside my apartment. To make a long story short, it was recovered, they stole some things from the trunk, and I paid $350 to get it out of impound. I'm grateful and pretty fortunate that it was recovered it one piece, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth. To be honest, the thing that I'm most bummed about it would have to be the OEM mud guards. Had not been given a chance to install those yet so the thieves plucked them from the box in my trunk.

Since then, I've had a car alarm installed. Then today I was finally able to wash the civic. After the forensics department swept for fingerprints and the car spent the day in impound, the car was filthy!
Here she is waiting to be picked up from impound at 2am

All washed up

Should be placing an order for an SiR front lip sometime this week
Old 09-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sucks, f*** thieves, glad you stayed positive and kept it going. Some people would of gave up after that
Old 09-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Swaggylicious

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alarm wont do shyte if you're not there to be...alarmed

kill switch, nao. Less than $10, just hide it well
Old 09-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek9kbomb'd
Wow that sucks, f*** thieves, glad you stayed positive and kept it going. Some people would of gave up after that
Thanks man
I've had a Honda stolen from me 4 times now so I wasn't really too phased by the situation. I mean it does feel extremely violating but I absolutely intend of keeping this project going forward!

Originally Posted by $amGD3

Thanks for the advice bro! I'll look into it
Old 09-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by $amGD3

Truth, alarms are a complete waste. Get a racing steering wheel (either: sparco, nardi, momo or personal), get the nrg hub and quick release.....then buy a wheel boot from ebay (tire wheel, not steering wheel boot). This is my security setup for my daily.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by StreetLethaleg6
Truth, alarms are a complete waste. Get a racing steering wheel (either: sparco, nardi, momo or personal), get the nrg hub and quick release.....then buy a wheel boot from ebay (tire wheel, not steering wheel boot). This is my security setup for my daily.
Not taking any chances are ya? That's great advice, thanks. A detachable steering wheel is definitely a great theft deterrent but for this build I want to keep the interior OEM and add a JDM 3-spoke steering wheel I'll look into the other things everyone has mentioned!
Old 02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, it's been over 5 months since my last post in this thread! Not a whole lot to share during that time...with the exception of 11/12/16 and then again just a couple days ago!

So back in November I was browsing a Facebook group with local Honda/Acura classifieds. Came across a guy selling an EG hatchback that was sitting on a fairly uncommon set (uncommon in my neck of the woods) of wheels. EG6/9 SiR wheels. He was willing to part ways with them so I jumped all over them! Personally they are my favorite set of OEM wheels, along with the optional EG6/EG2 "snowflakes"

Fast forward to just a couple weeks ago. Go my tax refund so I decided it was time to splash some cash on the Civic!
Found a set of 16x7 +40 Buddy Club P1 SF with some decent tires for a great deal! Coincidentally I found them on the same FB group from before For suspension I went with Function & Form type one coilovers. The exterior was spruced up with BNIB EG9 mudflaps, and a BNIB EG9 front lip. Finally I cleaned up the interior with some more BNIB OEM goodies: Graphite gray floor mats, JDM coin pocket, and JDM radio delete. Oh, and can't forget the OEM Honda blank key! Installed all these goodies within the last 48 hours to complete the transformation. Also picked up an EG9 Ferio rear spoiler Most likely won't install that till I get bodywork and paint done sometime down the road. Anyways, I snapped a few iPhone photos before leaving for work today. Please excuse the filth!! Haven't washed this thing since my last post in this thread LOL

I'm enjoying the new look Hope you viewers are digging it also
Old 02-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good man!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by knuttveiten
looking good man!
Thanks bro!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, what a crazy day...

Today I met up with a guy selling his 1992 Honda Civic EX on craigslist. I occasionally browse CL looking for a donor Civic so I can eventually swap a manual transmission into my current Civic. So last night I texted the guy to find out how much he wants for it because he hadn't listed a price, and he comes back with 1,600 OBO. After that I didn't even bother replying. My budget was $700 or less. An hour goes by and he texts me again, saying that he's eager to get rid of it, so now he has my attention. We exchange texts for a while and finally he says that he'll let it go for $800. Anyways, met up with him and after some more negotiating, I paid the man $690 and was on my way. That's $910 off of his original asking price!

So my plan is to strip the following out of the white Civic and install into the gray Civic:
- JDM D15b VTEC
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Rear disc brakes (and all necessary components)
- Power windows/locks

After that, I'll most likely part the car out and sell the shell. Let me know what you guys think
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, what a steal for the ex. I have never seen one in white. Only that maroon and green color, and they're always auto.
I would restore the ex imo.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by r_Senik
Wow, what a steal for the ex. I have never seen one in white. Only that maroon and green color, and they're always auto.
I would restore the ex imo.
Yeah I couldn't pass it up! The white EX seems to be one of the more uncommon ones, but I've seen quite a few of them I've come across the EX 4dr in harvard blue, torino red, frost white, that dark green color, and maybe phantom gray also? I've been thinking about building this one, but I've already owned two white EG sedans. Also the body isn't as straight and there seems to be some electrical issues. Not to mention all the work it would be to remove all the previous owner's modifications. I'm going to tinker around with it some more tomorrow
Old 02-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can honestly say I've seen more ITRs than 92-95 ex sedans.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Little goodie that came with the donor car

Pretty rare to find in mystic brown! Unfortunately it's not in the best condition...the previous owner painted it black so it took a bit of work getting it back to the original finish. Not sure if I should sell it or paint it again to match my gray interior
Old 02-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got a quick car wash in yesterday Snapped a couple pics leaving the dog park

Today I picked up some SEM rigid plastic/vinyl paint! Going to attempt to paint that audio console gray and throw it in I'll post pics later!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very clean!!!!