Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Childstar's K24 "gravity coupe"

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member formally known as TomsEF

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Childstar's K24 "gravity coupe"

I've followed this on IG for a long time. Thanks for bringing it over to HT and supporting this forum. Great work and the attention to detail is impeccable!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've said this to you before but this is one of my favorite builds.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Build is sick. Excellent work.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well let's see.....

It has been a very long time of nothing going on. Some shipping issues kinda killed my vibe and I haven't been motivated to do much to the car.

I scored one of those rare navi systems from a friend of mine. I've always wanted one just for the sake of owning it. I don't care to make it fully functional. It's just one of those, "for me" parts I just felt like having.

Also snagged one of spherical shifter cable ends and threw that on. Such a simple change made the shifting feel better. I heard the race spec cables with now come with these already.

Picked up the new designed upper coolant housing for K20's. I like this design much better. It's far more sturdy and o-ringed. Although I didn't have a problem with the old design, I didn't like that it could be wiggled around.

I tried sharing these pics on the facebook k20a.org page and I think more people were concerned with telling me how my can't "will not" run without a coolant overflow lol...even though I haven't ran one in the last 3 years.

I also picked up some things for the boost setup from vibrant that I know i'll be using, like this really happy looking catch can

I'm kind of hooked on the vanjens now lol.

...and here the car sits, no wheels and tires, no suspension, and no front bumper (it was destroyed on the passenger upper corner) I got tired of "making it work".

hopefully more updates soon rather than more issues....
Old 08-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MyspaceTOM
I've followed this on IG for a long time. Thanks for bringing it over to HT and supporting this forum. Great work and the attention to detail is impeccable!
Originally Posted by conor97hx
I've said this to you before but this is one of my favorite builds.
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Build is sick. Excellent work.
Thanks you guys! This is motivating
Old 08-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are slipping child. The halfshaft splines were not polished..lol. for real tho the motor should be in an art gallery. Beautifully detailed. Kudos sir!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spoonfixer
You are slipping child. The halfshaft splines were not polished..lol. for real tho the motor should be in an art gallery. Beautifully detailed. Kudos sir!
hahahahahah! Thanks for the good word man!

FINALLY! My birthday gift to myself, back in April, has finally arrived!!!! Sheepey sidewinder full vband with 60mm wastegate option, and up pipes tailored to clear the oem battery in it's stock location

a little balancing act for mock-up photos

Clearance will obviously be much better with the turbo and wastegate in place. I have everything leaning against the firewall just to sit up for pictures so I could get an idea of the final look and share with everyone.

I picked up a turbo today. I ended up going a little bigger and better than I had planned since I got a deal I couldn't pass up. JTran Motorsports came through for me with a nice generation 2 PT6466. I'll be picking up a vband turbine housing .82A/R for it and doing a rebuild on it. With a turbo this size, i'll never need to upgrade unless I want to time travel lol.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful setup man..
Old 08-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just insane attention to all the small details and finishing touches! It's a work of art!
Old 08-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is definitely work of art!

How much HP do you expect with turbo? Do you plan to have boost per gear?
Old 08-28-2016, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ_ALLMOTA
Beautiful setup man..
Originally Posted by rollinmyda
Just insane attention to all the small details and finishing touches! It's a work of art!
Thank you guys!
Originally Posted by Josip.
This is definitely work of art!

How much HP do you expect with turbo? Do you plan to have boost per gear?
I'm not going to try to make crazy power. I want to drop the redline to 8,000rpm and hope to sit in the 500's. I definitely want to use boost by gear to really get to enjoy the setup.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not much has been going on, just waiting on some parts to come in to get the car rolling again and then back to slowly picking up parts for future boost.I had more people than I expected asking me about the vband exit and turbine vband housing, so I snapped a couple of pics.

Money low, nothing new, nothing to polish, so I got a headlight restoration kit and went to work. Didn't take progress pics with my camera but I posted a before, during, and after on instagram. Spent maybe 30 minutes and the headlights look great now.

Finally got my 66mm vband turbine housing in from precision.

vband clamp dangling in place

Turbo mock up. The compressor housing is off to a local powder coater for a sort of chrome like finish. I couldn't resist shining.

Fitted the up pipe....unfortunately it's not quite how I was asking. I wanted it to clear the oem battery location....which is does, but the O2 bung is in a spot that makes it hard to connect and the up pipe, although it clears, its incredibly close to the battery. I'll either modify the up pipe the way I wanted it, basically straight up and out the hood, or give up on the idea and do a full length exhaust.

Some of these photos, well most of them make it look impossibly close, but it's not that bad, but it is uncomfortably close.

Started wiping down the car, starting from underneath it since I want to get it back on the road and drive-able. I miss driving the car. I only took it apart because I kept being unhappy with the car due to several little annoyances and I knew I'd just keep messing things up and never get around to fixing them if I were to keep driving it.

The everlasting debate....NA or FI. I'm going to keep both setups win win!

Of all things to show up first, it would be something I can't do anything with at the moment lol. New meat that I plan to demolish in no time. Nitto NT01 in 225/45/15. A few more things should arrive this week.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Been watching this build since you got the coupe and it as always looks badass bro!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b20hatchek
Been watching this build since you got the coupe and it as always looks badass bro!
Thanks man! Texas up in here!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is awesome project!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CHiLD
Thanks man! Texas up in here!
hell yeah bro!
Old 09-22-2016, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my lug nuts in. Tired of the neo-chrome Muteki's and I moved my Downstar spikes onto my TL.

Replaced my calipers with the updated and better dynapro 4pot calipers. I was going to use a 6pot version, but i'll try these out first.

[/url]
Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got them and love them! Went ahead and did ss lines all around as well, need a few more parts but will go with the 2 piston rear calipers later as well!
Old 09-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Solid updates.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got them and love them! Went ahead and did ss lines all around as well, need a few more parts but will go with the 2 piston rear calipers later as well!
These are different from the DPHA 4pot calipers, unless you're also using the dx/hx knuckles like I have and chose one of the 4pot dynapro calipers they have. These are pretty beefy just not long calipers like spoon, project mu, alcon and so on. With these I'm also forced to use a wilwood flexline brake line kit since oem brake lines don't work on them.
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Solid updates.
Thanks man!

The dynapro beefy calipers installed, waiting on some fresh pads to come in soon.

I thought my Work cr01 were lightweight until I held these!

The caliper actually sits really close to touching the barrel of the wheel, not very much space between the caliper and the tape weights now that tires are mounted.

I'm excited to ride around on these things!

Picked up some DevSport side skirt splitters

just a random rear shot

Both of my money pits

Replaced my front and rear bumpers. Both of which need paint, but that can wait since the whole car needs body work and paint anyway. My rear bumper has always had damage and my front bumper was cracked and torn off on the passenger side earlier this year. That was one of my reasons for taking the car apart instead of driving the car with it all falling to pieces slowly.

I Should get new coilovers in, yet another thing I wanted to upgrade, sometime this week. I'll finally be able to put the car back on the ground. I'm excited.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy shiet
Old 09-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sick build..follow you on IG. Always loved this car. Btw how do you like the BC seats?
Old 09-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I have an ex so exact same thing as Si but I need to change out my brake prop valve and I want a larger mc and upgrade to dot 4 brake fluid. Wheels look good bro, I just got some new wheels and I'll be going with a 225/45 size tire also.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slow88crx
sick build..follow you on IG. Always loved this car. Btw how do you like the BC seats?
Thanks man. I really like this version of the buddy club seats. They are more comfortable than the originals and more rigid. The racing spec seat had a lot of flex to it. I like these as a budget seat.

Ok I have an ex so exact same thing as Si but I need to change out my brake prop valve and I want a larger mc and upgrade to dot 4 brake fluid. Wheels look good bro, I just got some new wheels and I'll be going with a 225/45 size tire also.
That's why I went with a wilwood bbk on my HX. It doesn't require me to upgrade everything else for it to work properly. I'm lazy lol. What wheels and tires are you using?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I was waiting for my buddy clubs to come in on back order but 6 months later I gave up and got konig hyper grams 15x7.5 in matte grey. Not sure on brand of tires yet. I'm also working on prepping a spare dash right now to flock myself

Quick Reply: Childstar's K24 "gravity coupe"