C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!*** - Page 3 - Honda-Tech

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #51
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Im interested in that issue any chance you know which issue or month it came out?
i plan to keep moding this thing in the sleeper form! but id love to do a lht water cooled setup but it just looks so illegal lol.. im gonna swap cams and bring up boost to 9psi and shoot for 260+hp in the next weak or so, any one got a itr intake cam to sell me?
wunfstgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #52
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunfstgsr View Post
Im interested in that issue any chance you know which issue or month it came out?
i plan to keep moding this thing in the sleeper form! but id love to do a lht water cooled setup but it just looks so illegal lol.. im gonna swap cams and bring up boost to 9psi and shoot for 260+hp in the next weak or so, any one got a itr intake cam to sell me?
Thats funny because lht is the company but the pic i saw you couldn't even see from a top veiw that it was intercooled. Looked like a stock jrsc, deff. worth the money though.

Kris
kre8speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #53
Honda-Tech Member

I wish i could utilize a turbo style intercooler to feed cold air maybe with a nos shot/fitting on the intercooler to give ice cold air, has this ever bean done or even posible?
Might get a ported head to go go along when i put the stock cams in and bump the boost up i figure a 20hp increase just from the head hopefully it couldbe around 280hp at 9psi boost.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #54
Honda-Tech Member

clean *** sleeper...

i have those same recaros in my integ da hhaha if anyone wanna buy hehehe
da boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #55
Honda-Tech Member

Nice man. Hows the exhaust sound with that mufler is it loud and any vids or ur car
JDMCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #56
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCRX View Post
Nice man. Hows the exhaust sound with that mufler is it loud and any vids or ur car
Thanks exhaust sounds awsome iv had the gready sp2, complete buddyclub spec 3, sk2 catback,and gready evo2 and i love this combo out of all of them!, it sounds quiet under norm. driving but once i open it up it has a real nice deap sound everyone likes the sound espeasialy when they see and think its stock lol.. i'll actually have a vid soon.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #57
Honda-Tech Member

jdm*LS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
Honda-Tech Member

Still havent swaped cams my tunner advised me to bump boost first because the cams help keep the dynamic compression down so gonna bump boost to 9psi with my mvm stepper pulley and maybe ls crank pulley. but still having loads of fun.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #59

whered you pick up that jrsc? the cheapest ive seen is like 3k
DEEABLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #60
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Its been about a month and no issues although iat's get high after a couple of hard pulls and i can feal a slight power loss not much but the air does get hot! but im gonna wrap the intake arm up with ex. wrap it helps i heard. if i wanted i could of built a reliable turbo setup easily over 400hp but its about being within the streat legal limits here in s.d so if i was in a less restrictave place like florida or new mexico id most likely be turbo theres some real good turbos that have good spool time but the jrsc is almost instant response with no lag only prob with mine is the sk2 pro 1's are killing my power and vtec is at a stagering 6,000 rpm!! its much to high for the jrsc, once its back down with the stock cams to around 4,500-5,500 rpm it will feal alot better when boosting! and i should make a whole lot more hp.
Since JRSC's make power so early I can see why the cam setup you have is affecting you. On the JRSC Thread's GSR cams are praised as good turbo and jrsc cams. My old JRSC setup my vtec was set at 4000rpm's on a B16a. It made power from the crossover all the way to 7900rpms.
Triscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #61
Honda-Tech Member

I <3 red Geesers
sii. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #62
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
Since JRSC's make power so early I can see why the cam setup you have is affecting you. On the JRSC Thread's GSR cams are praised as good turbo and jrsc cams. My old JRSC setup my vtec was set at 4000rpm's on a B16a. It made power from the crossover all the way to 7900rpms.
Yes, but remember this motor is still high comp. i was all motor then threw in the jrsc, so with these sk2 pro1 cams they help keep the dynamic compression down to avoid det. they are helping but they are robing me of power, no worries becouse im only at 5 psi my tunner advised me to start with boost i might throw in a nice header anyone know whats good with the jrsc these days?

DEEABLO I got the jrsc here for $1,200! it was missing a few things but nothing major that i couldnt order from moss motors.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #63

Yeah I got a jrsc setup on my gsr too...like that sleeper look. and wanted to see vid of that exhuast. How well you do against sti n evos?
chingaleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #64
Hookers and blow

how much did you get your quaife for?...nice setup.
dipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #65
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipsy View Post
how much did you get your quaife for?...nice setup.
I got it from a h.t member i acually baught his ls tranny case with gsr gears m factory 4.9 f.d, m factory 1st gear for drag racing at the strip! and quaife lsd with upgraded bearings and the rest were gsr gears i think i paid $1,200 then swapped the internals in my gsr tranny case so theres no issues with vinn. numbers. i had allmotorrandy do the internals swap thanks randy!

up coming and new upgrades are:

Dual thermo t.b gaskets waiting for the second gasket to come to instal both together,

installed a digital rpm/shift light in the exsiting light dimmer spot under the cluster! pics coming!,

Installed a small intercooler with a 3'' plastic flex tube fed directly to the comptech velocity stack pics coming soon,

tri y replica header and mvm stepper pulley and ls crank pulley (close to 9psi boost) will be installed soon..

im thinking of adding my 68mm tb but not sure cause of the standard thermo gaskets i have, and kieth from moss motors doesnt think its good unless its portmatched..

any suggestions and comments please..
Old 10-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #66
Honda-Tech Member

updates please...
rhdjeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #67
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATES
Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #68
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhdjeezy View Post
UPDATES
Yes many! UKDM itr gauge cluster! just got in my redline jg b16 ported head! man is this head gonna flow!
going with a obx 70mm tb now and having lht port my jrsc manifold and custom port match the s-tube to 70mm, lht manifold coming soon, 3.8 nose pully and mvm stepper pulley has arrived! i plan to run a solid 12-13 psi, i still need a ctr crank pulley i should of kept my old one now im slaping my self for selling it lol, i will have some pics of my intercooler and b16 head soon as i get home! might still do a double hondata gasket on the tb and manifold for extra cooling! people chime in and give some sugestions im struglin tryin to get the car to pass smog before anything goes on the motor again.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 11-11-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #69
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Yes many! UKDM itr gauge cluster! just got in my redline jg b16 ported head! man is this head gonna flow!
going with a obx 70mm tb now and having lht port my jrsc manifold and custom port match the s-tube to 70mm, lht manifold coming soon, 3.8 nose pully and mvm stepper pulley has arrived! i plan to run a solid 12-13 psi, i still need a ctr crank pulley i should of kept my old one now im slaping my self for selling it lol, i will have some pics of my intercooler and b16 head soon as i get home! might still do a double hondata gasket on the tb and manifold for extra cooling! people chime in and give some sugestions im struglin tryin to get the car to pass smog before anything goes on the motor again.
JG B16 redline series head! brand new ITR valves, new LMA's and low mileage rocker arms installed. Has a JG Engine Dynamics full port job on both intake and exhaust ports, new bronze valve guides and valves were also deshrouded and the ITR valves were swirl polished to aid flow and 3 angle valve job was performed.

Intake-full port, bronze valve guides and itr valves swirl polished for better air flow!

Heres my ukdm itr gauge cluster!, on left where cruze control was theres a jrsc boost gauge!, on right where the dimmer light was is a digital rpm gauge/shift light! and momo stearing wheal!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 11-11-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #70
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=wunfstgsr] I wish i could utilize a turbo style intercooler to feed cold air maybe with a nos shot/fitting on the intercooler to give ice cold air, has this ever been done or even posible?

Here i got the intercooler fabed!, it connects to the comptech ice box with a flex tube going from the intercooler to the velocity stack/bottom part or ice box then up through the comptech arm to the jrsc! [QUOTE]

Old 11-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #71
Honda-Tech Member

sick bro.. keep it up
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #72
Honda-Tech Member

there talking about and an actual intercooler. not the front mount intake air filter(which is what that looks like). good car. way to stay under the radar with the po po.
kra95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #73
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra95teg View Post
there talking about and an actual intercooler. not the front mount intake air filter(which is what that looks like). good car. way to stay under the radar with the po po.
lol it still works in the same manner guy! air is drawn in and directed straight into my intake where as before it drew warm air behind my signal light! this mod might be deleted when i get my lht manifold and race version heat exchanger or if i get the standard heat exchanger i might still beable to fit my intercooler/filter there but i will spray it flat black! just like i did my magna flo muffler, this is a sleeper after all! note* this car is barely driven tho in s.d! so im not to worried about the front mount being cromed out for now! keep your comments and suggestions coming.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #74
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankhead83 View Post
looks very good, very clean set up, sleeper for sure
Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #75
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
JG B16 redline series head! brand new ITR valves, new LMA's and low mileage rocker arms installed. Has a JG Engine Dynamics full port job on both intake and exhaust ports, new bronze valve guides and valves were also deshrouded and the ITR valves were swirl polished to aid flow and 3 angle valve job was performed.

Intake-full port, bronze valve guides and itr valves swirl polished for better air flow!

Heres my ukdm itr gauge cluster!, on left where cruze control was theres a jrsc boost gauge!, on right where the dimmer light was is a digital rpm gauge/shift light! and momo stearing wheal!

haha big ups to [email protected] thats a real og!!!

i live like 2 min away....

>nice build thread yo....
joezjdm4dr is offline   Reply With Quote