Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

How is CARB going to know what cams you have? Ive never heard or seen them be able to do much more than bust you or send you to the ref for anything other than exterior bolt ons.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CLEAN!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Kidnkorner
How is CARB going to know what cams you have? Ive never heard or seen them be able to do much more than bust you or send you to the ref for anything other than exterior bolt ons.
well i guess if they see aftermarket cam gears they assume your timing is advanced and your running aftermarket racing cams, besides the tuner 1 cams there isnt any other proven legit street legal cam for the b series, meaning if everything else is right and carb legal it should pass emissions with the cams still in, other aftermarket cams will throw your smog off and you will most likely fail.

Originally Posted by Gsrmbueno14
CLEAN!!
thanks.

workin on tryin to get my car skunk2 certified with a badge! im almost sure there gonna dig it once im done real soon. Just got to hide the dc carb plate i welded on there header lol!!! if they see that or notice they wont certify my setup.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you not running a timing belt cover? How can they see any of tht stuff unless you cut the valve cover and the timing belt cover.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you not running a timing belt cover? How can they see any of tht stuff unless you cut the valve cover and the timing belt cover.
Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
good question, first of all there carb legal! they come with a carb sticker! as going with a sleaper theam it only made sence, not that it really matters cause i use a uncut valve cover and never expose the cam gears i thaught it was nice they were legally street legal so even if the cops realize im runnig aftermarket cams the carb sticker will shut them up, second i dont need stg 2 nor tuner 2 cams. Iv ran pro1 cams before but those were way to much for the jackson supercharger i was using at the time i bet with this centrifigul super charger the pro 1's might make some power but the tuner 1's should be enough. Talking with skunk 2 they said for my setup the tuner 1 cams was a great choice!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not that it really matters cause i use a uncut valve cover and never expose the cam gears
well i guess if they see aftermarket cam gears

How is it they are going to see cam gears again?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How is it they are going to see cam gears again?
like if i ever use a cut valve cover, like when i go tune the motor i put on a cut valve cover to avoid a $50 fee to use there cut valve cover for cam gear tuning, if ever along the way to my tunner i get pulled over which has happened to me before they can give a ref ticket, so since then i just put it on there at my tuners, but i dont think they can say much about them if i have the carb sticker for the cams. but even then ill prolly just swap my vc when i get there to be safe i guess.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

getting ready for my retune real soon,
got a hoard of crap coming in this weak for the engine managment and ignition system. Most power adders are installed and ready. I changed my mind on a few things so here is whats going on, Im ditchin the crapy hondata s100 and oem dist and wire setup for a new AEM ems V2 to tune the motor and a AEM coil on plug conversion! also upgraded the system with a AEM twin fire ignition module to leave room for hp if i ever use a sleaved/ported motor and high boost. Also ordered a nice sub harness for the Twin fire from Rywire.com so it plugs up easy and looks sleak. Im gonna finally ditch the sketchy AEM blue 3 bolt cam gears i have, i have read many bad threads on them but they havent slipped on me yet! but im taking no chance cause i found out they had a recal on them some time back so i will be getting a set of bisi moto cam gears. I also ordered a newly released gauge from AEM the wide band fail safe gauge, Its a very nice piece!
''The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge provides the ability to accurately tune AFR, while actively protecting your engine by constantly monitoring AFR curves and activating a user-defined failsafe strategy if it runs lean, accurate AFR tuning tool with logging and a protection strategy that can save an engine from catastrophic failure.''

This cost me all my limbs so im just a nub lol! it set me back a bit but i think it was a very good investment for the motor getting the AEM products i will be using. I also ditched the skunk 2 radiator hosses because i couldnt make it work on my type r head because they only offer it for the gsr motor. It didnt look right and leaked so i sold em while there where still near new and ordered me a set of new White samco hoses. I will also wrap the skunk2 header in some Titanium header wrap once i change my hoses because i have to unfortunatly take out the radiator to remove the header.

So here is a full recap on what this setup will consist of,

New Type r motor from dealer curently 60k
bisi cam gears
Skunk 2 tunner 1 cams
Skunk 2 pro series manifold ported 70mm
Skunk 2 70mm Alpha throtle body with coolant bypass
Skunk 2 fuel rail
Skunk 2 vtec solinoid
Skunk 2 Alpha header
Skunk 2 mega r 2.5'' cat back
ed hanson 2.5'' test pipe
Injen 3'' cold air intake arm
AEM coil on plug conversion
AEM twin fire module
AEM EMS V2
rc 550cc injectors
ATI pro charger super charger 9-12 psi boost pulley
HKS ssq bov tucked
front mount intercooler with 2.4'' charge pipes
out law engineering thermal spacer kit

I found a local tuner Dardan at Dynotech Motorsports who will help me get the car setup and will be doing the tuning.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-06-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't wait for the numbers my "former twin" is gonna be putting down!! great build man!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. A lot of hard work went into this. I like it.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
Can't wait for the numbers my "former twin" is gonna be putting down!! great build man!
haha yea! the imfamous twins! like arnold and danny davito lol! ill let you know what this pro charger does this time!

Originally Posted by furious94ls
Very nice. A lot of hard work went into this. I like it.
Thank you! yes it did! i worked very hard over a long period of time to get where i am! working at a family pizza shop! lol hate when people assume im rich and just throw money like its paper!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So today i got done installing the new White Samo hoses and Titanium header wrap! i really like the look and ease of use! no need for gloves and no glue! it has a real nice carbon fiber look as they promised! heres some updated pics of the engine enjoy.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-06-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Skunk2 integra sleeper!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by elsicario12
Skunk2 integra sleeper!!
Exactly! lol submiting pics to Skunk2 for the motor to be Skunk2 certified!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To be skunk2 certified what you need to do??

Any updates?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To be skunk2 certified what you need to do??

Any updates?
Just go to there web site and look for the link! you need a couple of there power mods and if they want or like it they will send a badge for the engine bay with your name, engine/ set up ect.

Im just waiting on my AEM ems and AEM fail safe gauge and the rywire twin fire harness to come in and i should be ready for the tune after some maintanence.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A lil update: theres been allot of talk about skunk2 being a **** company but im still sticking with the current setup. Im sure the motor should make good hp. Im going this weak to get a base line run at a dyno event so ill see were the motor stands untuned with the current new setup on the last tune on the hondata ecu. I will be ordering my Bisimoto cam gears this weak as well and will be getting ready to retune by next month with the new AEM ems and coil on conversion as well as the twin fire and fail safe gauge.
I seem to be still boosting 6-7psi @ wot, it seems my new header and ex setup is effecting the psi because it has a smaller pulley but im still at 7psi. When i confirm its boosting only 7psi at the dyno i will determain that i will switch to a smaller pulley to achieve close to 10-12psi. when i retune with the new AEM ems and ignition system.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i did a base line pull and hit 240 whp @ 6.4 psi, which would translate to roughly 295 hp on churches dyno untuned with the new setup. It made 275 hp @7psi with the old restrictive setup. Supercharger is boosting 1 psi less now @ 6.4 psi. I figure with the port match and new setup it made roughly a gain of 25whp untuned. I will now be retuning the motor with the new AEM gear and a smaller s.c. pulley to achieve 10-12 psi. at dardans tunning in santee. hope to hit 280+ whp/350 hp with 10-12 psi.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice numbers
Old 08-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wstmsol
nice numbers
thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good to know there are still some supercharged set ups out there. I'm still debating on getting rid of my JRSC setup and going with a M90 setup.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Good to know there are still some supercharged set ups out there. I'm still debating on getting rid of my JRSC setup and going with a M90 setup.
Thanks man! yea i didnt like the jrsc so i got rid of it, if you look back a few pgs at the jrsc setups i had you will read about some of the pros and cons i experienced with the jrsc units.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my new Bisi moto cam gears in! im so excited! these are a non slip design! the complete opposite of the AEM 3 bolt cam gears im using. Tomorrow ill be installing them and ill try and take pics as i go!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How the engine feels with the cams?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How the engine feels with the cams?
I don't recall feeling much of a difference because there not yet dialed in but as far as how it feels overall from the cams that were in which were b17 cams lol it idles smooth almost the same as the b17 cams. I have the cam gears degreed the same as the b17 cams were just to be safe. The over all motor feels and is stronger do to the 70mm port matched manifold and new header and exhaust combo. I think it picked up a good 25hp from the bolt on changes. But it really rips at 6500-8500 rpm @ 6psi, it cracks vtec very pronounced! and the power band is quite smooth! 5th gear is scary it just keeps going! one night the freeway was dead empty so i did a spirited pull in 4th to 5th from 60mph, i hit 140+mph very fast by the time i looked at the speedo i was like wow 140 mph already! its very smooth and the ITR trans revs fast so its great with the supercharger. I have churches tune to thank for how well the motor runs as is considering i changed almost every power adder since there tune from the previous setup.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 08-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***