Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

I’ve always been a fan of “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”
i never took mine to redline because it just wasn’t worth it in the long run. Totally enjoyable, of course.. but those few hp you gain in the top don’t translate to anything unless you’re trying to pull a good dyno number. Unless
its completely necessary, I’ll always shift early to be on the safe side.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
I’ve always been a fan of “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”
i never took mine to redline because it just wasn’t worth it in the long run. Totally enjoyable, of course.. but those few hp you gain in the top don’t translate to anything unless you’re trying to pull a good dyno number. Unless
its completely necessary, I’ll always shift early to be on the safe side.
Indeed! im not even comfortable revving to redline. Well I just did a few data logs and I noticed my boost gauge is lying to me, I hit 9 psi around 7k rpm so I assume doing some more math I should actually be at 12.5 psi but I have yet to do a redline pull to see on the datalog but last night on the freeway in 5th gear I did a 70% throttle pull and I hit 8 psi at around 6500 rpm and hit 117mph which was already going fast so I let off throttle, felt pretty gnarly lol
Old 01-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So Good news and bad news, ill start with the good lol well I noticed my Map sensor wires were sensitive when I touched the harness! the engine would cut off! so I pealed back the sleave and a long time ago I had to extend the map sensor wires to reach on my JRSC I had, the shrink wrap was old and hard and the connection was bad, so I re did the wires with new shrink wrap and now the Map sensor reads perfect! before I would set up the Hondata and notice the Map was reading 1.4 with engine off and ign on! so this led me to believe a issue was with the Map signal. My AFR is now literally perfect! the car drives 100% now, My other issue I had was the engine would always rev as if there was a vac leak any time I came to a stop so another thing I did was go into my IACV duty on the Hondata and noticed it was turned up all the way.. I set it normal and boom! the issue is gone and it idles perfect!

Bad news.. well CA just passed a new law stating any modified exhaust will no longer be a fix it ticket but a $1,000 fine and you will be sent to the B.A.R reff station to have the car inspected and smoged and will not allow you to drive the car until that's FIXED! and its a $1,000 every time they pull you over with a modified exhaust! so Im going back to my roots and will throw on a Magna flow muffler with a OEM GSR or ITR muffler tip welded on like my old exhaust setup!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my Blox harness bar in and installed I got it mostly to stiffen the chassis, the installation was kind of sketchy and I feel it makes the OEM seat belts at risk for failure as the brackets go behind the seat belt bracket and when you torque the bolt it doesn't go in all the way, this makes me feel it compromises the seat belts. I have mixed feelings about this and it might be getting sold soon as I hear they are not to safe..

Old 01-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update, so looking closer at the craftsmanship on the Blox harness bar and I decided to sell the POS! the welds up close were not done right there was holes in the welds, the paint had chips straight out the box, and I just wasn't sold on the product so I parted ways with it. My PLM X trunk bar arrived and It a long time to install and was pretty confusing but I figured it out but I ran into a huge issue, The 2 main bolts that attach to the seat belt location were not the right size they sent me a 2'' bolt when it was supposed to be 7/16-20 and as long as the OEM bolt! so after buying 2 of the correct bolts I was ready to continue the install. Now my next plan for the trunk is to cut out the worn out trunk matt and make a carbon fiber trunk board to cover the hatch area.!

Here's the old EM1 racing C pillar bar and my old TCS rear strut bar before the X bar was installed. Might move the EM1 bar to the driver side seat belt .

Here you can see the worn out trunk matt! looks super ugly! should look nice with a carbon fiber cover!

And here is the bolt they sent that was wrong. Middle is the wrong one left is the OEM and right is the new bolt!

Old 02-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had some time to clean up the trunk, I got some carpet from Wallmart and trimmed it up to fit, doesn't look to bad, I cant find any mint cond, trunk carpets so I ended up just doing this since I already used this on my Honda Civic trunk not too long ago and it really looked good so I tried it in my Integra. I also trimmed up the strut bar covers to fit for a cleaner look.

I just ordered 4 New Achilles Atr Sport tires online and hopefully they work well for the price! at under $45 a tire they seem like a good deal! Ill have these installed after I get my Camber kit put on then head over to get a Alignment!

Trunk Before:

Trunk After:

Old 02-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a Pic of the LHT custom muffler I will have John from LHT performance make for me this week! hopefully I get it in next week! Its the same muffler that's on there Turbo Integra on there website!

Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I love John's work! You'll definitely be happy with it
Old 02-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GreatWave
I love John's work! You'll definitely be happy with it
Thanks! there the best IMO! I wish I was out there my car would be there allot! I don't trust near anyone with my car so I literally try and do everything my self! even learning to street tune my engine slowly.. but far from being confident.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I had some time to get the new tires put on and the camber kit installed took some pics, Car drives smooth again. Hopefully in a few weeks ill get the new muffler put on. Have some fuel upgrades on my mind and just might see how the car likes E85..

I found some crazy stuff when I jacked the car up! I found this rubber strap wrapped up top of my camber arm lol have no clue how it got there....

Old 04-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I did some things this week biggest was replacing my passenger side axle seal in the transmission. and I also changed the oil in the SC as well as ordered a new TSX ground strap from Acura, this ground strap is much nicer than the OEM DC2 one thanks the ComptechGSRSC! for the recommendation. I also got my Burton fuel pump harness in! this thing is real nicely made!

Old 04-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AWESOME!!!
Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
So Good news and bad news, ill start with the good lol well I noticed my Map sensor wires were sensitive when I touched the harness! the engine would cut off! so I pealed back the sleave and a long time ago I had to extend the map sensor wires to reach on my JRSC I had, the shrink wrap was old and hard and the connection was bad, so I re did the wires with new shrink wrap and now the Map sensor reads perfect! before I would set up the Hondata and notice the Map was reading 1.4 with engine off and ign on! so this led me to believe a issue was with the Map signal. My AFR is now literally perfect! the car drives 100% now, My other issue I had was the engine would always rev as if there was a vac leak any time I came to a stop so another thing I did was go into my IACV duty on the Hondata and noticed it was turned up all the way.. I set it normal and boom! the issue is gone and it idles perfect!

Bad news.. well CA just passed a new law stating any modified exhaust will no longer be a fix it ticket but a $1,000 fine and you will be sent to the B.A.R reff station to have the car inspected and smoged and will not allow you to drive the car until that's FIXED! and its a $1,000 every time they pull you over with a modified exhaust! so Im going back to my roots and will throw on a Magna flow muffler with a OEM GSR or ITR muffler tip welded on like my old exhaust setup!

So I went down to a local Muffler shop to get this Magna flow muffler put on. Over all im happy with how it came out. Again im going for a OEM look so the body of the muffler will be painted flat black. The sound is much more quite and subtle but I feel as though its caused a restriction now as I feel a little of the top end gone. The piping is 76mm and I have a 2.5" magnaflow muffler! I thought I had a mega power Skunk2 exhaust turns out I have the Mega R, its been so long I forgot which one I ordered lol.

Also my belt is slipping at around 8psi so I put more tension on the belt and ill do another data log on the way home to see where its at, next ill try a much better belt and see what happens. Above is pics of my old red GSR with the same style muffler and this is the look I was going for again.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-10-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the Muffler painted flat black and took some pics at work, I have plans next week to install a boost activated cut out in the exhaust to relieve the restriction, ill be ordering the cut out from LHTperformance as well.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:02 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks awesome!

Man, it's a lot of work to own a modified car in CA
Old 04-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Looks awesome!

Man, it's a lot of work to own a modified car in CA
Thanks man! yea it is! its the main reason I swapped the muffler out!

I have a new issue the engine wont rev past 2,400 rpm ...
Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 PM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! yea it is! its the main reason I swapped the muffler out!

I have a new issue the engine wont rev past 2,400 rpm ...
Limp mode?
Old 04-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Limp mode?
I found the cheap gasket that came with my Toda rep header is blown on the edge and I have a pretty good exhaust leak, im gonna replace that top off oil then look inside the dizzy for anything loose and if anything maybe try a known good dizzy and see what happens, this morning I started it up and it still has a 2,400 rpm redline or cuts off at that RPM.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:54 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

I found the cheap gasket that came with my Toda rep header is blown on the edge and I have a pretty good exhaust leak, im gonna replace that top off oil then look inside the dizzy for anything loose and if anything maybe try a known good dizzy and see what happens, this morning I started it up and it still has a 2,400 rpm redline or cuts off at that RPM.
Weird, should record a datalog when it happens and see whats up. You on Hondata?
Old 04-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Weird, should record a datalog when it happens and see whats up. You on Hondata?
Yea Hondata S300 V3 but I don't see any fault codes popping up..
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my Burton fuel pump relay harness too, it's a nice little piece. Hopefully it does what it should!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0

So I checked everything still would not rev past 2500 rpm, then I noticed the red light flashing on the ECU so I looked it up and many people had the same issue red light flashing and cant rev past 2500 rpm, so I called Hondata and they told me to download then upload the tune and it worked lol engine runs fine now.. kind of weird why it happened don't know why.

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer
I just got my Burton fuel pump relay harness too, it's a nice little piece. Hopefully it does what it should!
Nice ! yea it seems to be a quality made piece, im looking forward to adding this to the mix!.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to be ordering a Boost activated exhaust cut out too relive the back pressure in high rpm, it should activate at 6psi! should be the answer to the slight restriction from the new muffler, overall I really like the new muffler it looks perfect to me and sounds very quite and low key. Soon as the cut out is added it should be a very good setup for the street. I like how low it sounds while I cruise now its so much more quite and not annoying.

Here's a example of what ill be doing with the cut out, Ill run a vac line under and rout it to the manifold.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cant wait to see pics of the install . thats alot of stuff to cram in the little tunnel under the car
Old 04-20-2019, 03:55 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

This will be interesting..

Quick Reply: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***