Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

95 Ls Special Edition. No show or go...

Old 06-10-2016, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Ls Special Edition. No show or go...

What up H-T. I'm not known around here at all. I used to be on JDMU but that venue has long since been gone. Heres my last 2 cars.

2000 Civic 4 door. Nicknamed patches
-In its hay day it had a b16b from HMO, is racing intake. Real deal not that PWJDM crap. Custom exhaust with vibrant goodies.

-Koni yellows with ctr springs, willwood 11" bbk, rear disc and arps all around. SiR wheels with Bridgestone re-11s

-SiR clister, ctr steering wheel, ep3 front seats, itr rear seats, folding mirrors

Sold the car to a friend and this is how it sits after he was drunk driving

Old 06-10-2016, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Ls Special Edition. No show or go...

I got a new daily so I could tun the 4 door into a true project. That was a 07 Si coupe. I fell in love with the k20 and sold the 4 door to buy parts for the Si that was "staying stock"

Cheap diy hybrid racing type cmc upgrade. Flash pro, VitViper tuned. Type r throttle body, Rick Spec'd 3.5" cold air intake, custom go-power 4-1 header, 3" thermal r&d exhaust.

ST coilovers 18x8.5 Gramlight 57s with Bridgestone S04s

J's racing shift ****, 6speed sticker, oil & radiator cap

That leads me to what you guys clicked on this thread for. My 95 Acura integra LS Special edition.

I got it with a bout 213k on the clock. Clean title and over all clean other then the normal busted bolster on the drivers seat and a busted ignition from it getting stolen from my coworker. Something like $700 later and it was mine. This was going to stay stock in a effort to get out of debit while in school to become an A&P. In the end I spent my saved money on Snap On tools. Go figure right. Well I'm recently graduated and have my airframe rating and am in the process of getting my power plant then I will be a full fledged aircraft mechanic.

So far I have a bone stock LS autotragic with oil leaks and all. It was a clean car when I first got it but pictures will tell the tale.

This is how I got the car.

The Civic Type R muffler I got for a round of beers

I wasn't supposed to buy parts but when you see a gem like this pop up on Craig's you gotta buy it. Everyone has the jdm cluster but not the usdm like a boss

I got my new ignition so I put in the cluster too

I like red stickers as much as the next guy so I decided to change out the fan relay because I like my ac to blow cold on all levels lol

I have a lot more but not to post tonight.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Two days before New Years some *** whipe decided to rear end me in a hit and run while my girl and I were at the beach

A lot of people get a kick out of my pain haha

I was going to sell all my parts and buy a new project but I decided to order replacement parts and fix it since finding good cars for cheap in Hawaii is next to impossible I decided to fix my car and order more stuff. As you can see I've been mostly ordering oem ITR bits and most of it is from Steve at HMO but the usdm stuff I've been having to order new since no one around here gets all the little bits or if they do they don't get rid of it lol.

More to come.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So while I was in school I had no time at all to get a bumper. I had school from 7:00-2:15 then work from 2:45 to 9:30. When tax returns came in I ordered my bumper, bumper filler and tailights from HMO along with a 96 spec hub conversion.

While I was at it I ordered Koni yellows for a type r since I also had the lower control arms coming in

After waiting 2 months my 96 type r 4 lug and rims came in along with some other goodies

I was able to get the rhd window switches to work with very minor modifications.

Stock ITR springs on Koni yellows. Loved the ride on my civic so I decided to do it all over again with this car. Once again I love the ride.

While I was at it I upgraded the front brakes to 98+ itr spec with itr caliper & bracket and 11" prelude vtec rotors (this was prior to the extended studs)

The rears got the same treatment with 10.2" rotors and type r/ ep3 bracket and stock calipers

Life hack: using a ball joint press makes easy work of the rear studs

I didn't take any pictures from changing out my front studs but I did it the poor mans way by shaving off part of the base of the stud and part of the hub then pulling them through with a old lug nut.

I also changed out the trailing arm bushings since these were toast.

Front hubs and rear trailing arms ready for action. The fronts need a small 3mm spacer so the stock ITR wheels clear the larger brakes

I decided to order some of the harder to find faux carbon pieces new since you can still find them. Realistically I'm just missing the bezzle for the ash tray and cig lighter but that has long been discontinued so it'll be fun to find that piece.

I only snapped a few pics from the install since I was getting frustrated being in the dirt and gravel in my parking spot at my apartment and trying to keep it down for my neighbors.

The last pics were after I finished bleeding the brakes and put all my crap away. After a test drive the front was hammered while the back was 4x4 status so I had to raise the front perch to the high settings the next day.

This is how it sits today. I know most of you will say it needs more low but I like the stance. Well the rear could go a little lower but it's fine with me until I move back to the big island because Oahu roads suck badly!

Now that everyone is caught up, my bumper and other goods is supposed to be here next week. Almost 3 months and it's still not here.

The next things I will be ordering it a type r roof cut (I hate sun roofs), doors (one of mine has rust and it's less body work since they don't have the side moldings and a type r hatch since it doesn't have the useless wiper hole.

Motor wise I'm going to try to buy back my old b16b to swap into here since I should be able to get it for a steal or else I'll be going with a 96-97 b18cr swap. That's if I don't decide to start getting parts to do a j swap first...
Old 06-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking very nice bro! Why not go K?+
Old 06-14-2016, 02:51 AM
Master Ninja

Nice cars and great parts keep it up
Old 06-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a little update with no pictures. After 4 months of waiting my bumper, bumper filler, tail lights and another gem has finally arrived on island. They will be delivering the goods to my door tomorrow morning so this girl will stop looks like a jalopy very soon!

Originally Posted by SupremeDalek209
Looking very nice bro! Why not go K?+
Thanks man! I thought about going k but for the money id rather go with a J swap due to the power and torque from the stock motor and because is it not a common swap over here so parts are cheaper unlike k parts. Or I might keep it simple and just slap in a B since it's so dam easy and since this car is my daily so I won't have much down time to do a more complex swap like the J.

Originally Posted by Eddie
Nice cars and great parts keep it up
Thanks dude!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I got my big box of joy today!

And it was a big box lol. It barely fit through my front door. I never realized how big the rear bumper was until you see it off the car.

So I got in some 94-97 tail lights in GREAT condition, ITR bumper filler & 94-97 ITR rear bumper in. They were in pretty good condition. Had scratches but no damage so I'm ok with that since the car needs paint anyways. The bad part is I asked for the bumper support as well since mine is f'd up and it didn't come with one and I'm missing the rear top hats that I also ordered. One quick call to Steve and they will be shipped out tomorrow. I didn't get any pictures of the stock parts but I did take these pictures

My first spoon part ever! The best part is I paid for a used strut bar but Steve hooked it up and sent me a BNIB strut bar instead!

Other then the strut bar I've been hoarding these other parts for years. Nothing rare but quality none the less. Oh and in the mugen bag is an authentic mugen poncho!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Shit Posts: 15

I didn't know it was an ls special too.
If it was MT we would've had the same car!

Looks good though. A lot of good parts put into it.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
I didn't know it was an ls special too.
If it was MT we would've had the same car!

Looks good though. A lot of good parts put into it.
Yeah man. Leather interior and fat 5s stock lol. I wish it was standard but for the price I paid for it I am fine with a slush box until I can save up for a swap.

If I can find a deal on a gsr or b16 trans I would just do a 5 speed conversion and change the rear main seal since it's got the usual oil leak there. But otherwise the engine is still strong since it was old man driven most of its life.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 PM

Hows your leather? Post some pics.
Mine driver seat is starting to show signs of age.

Just keep an eye on the oil. And for the price, yea was a good deal.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
Hows your leather? Post some pics.
Mine driver seat is starting to show signs of age.

Just keep an eye on the oil. And for the price, yea was a good deal.
The back seats are pretty much mint. The drivers seat has a hole worn on the bolster and the pass seat is pretty beat but no holes in it. I can get pictures of the interior but it's just a factory grey/black leather interior lol
Old 06-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So today I finally got some wrench time in. Last week some of my GFs l family was visiting so I didn't have any time to work on my car. After driving around for 6 months with a smashed rear end (no homo) I finally can drive around in style and non smashedness lol. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

My mint tailights. I'll clean the dried polish from the right side one, one of these days

I tried to get angles to show the damage but it is kind of hard to see. It's noticeable in the pictures but was worse looking in person

My girlfriend and our (her) dog decided to check out the damage themselves.

Comparing the straight bumper filler to the Fawked one...

These pictures were to show how much needed to be hammered to get the filler to line up. The tailights were just as bad but I forgot to get pictures of the before and after.

The trash pile. Notice the stock rear speaker I got rid of lol.

This was when I was mostly done. I got everything to mostly line up but I am waiting on my bumper support to get it perfect. Also it was getting late and I'm sure my neighbors were loving the hammering I was doing to my car.

Before today the registration stickers just lived in the glovebox. My coworker never put one on since he owned the car. On the other had it looked as if the original owner never scraped off reg stickers since new lol

The fitment for now. The drivers side doesn't line up as good as I want but it will be better when a good bumper support is in there

I'm sure some of you had noticed that my car has some rake too it. Even with the type r springs on the high perch and the rears on the low the front sits about 11 mm higher. Well how do you fix that when you are out of adjustability? You order a 10 mm spacer from a guy in Canada. With the roads we have on Oahu I will not go lower. I didn't have fun in my 8th gen civic lowered so I told myself not to go ham on the Teg.

eBay ftw.

Lastly, I like my beer like I like my cars. JDM YO!
Old 06-24-2016, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im enjoying this build cool car and lots of really nice parts.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redej6build
Im enjoying this build cool car and lots of really nice parts.
Thanks bro. I learned a long time ago that cheap parts are not good and good parts are not cheap (sometimes you can get deals on good parts) so I try to stay away from cheap parts lol
Old 06-28-2016, 12:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just cas I'm bored I thought I would share this.

So my car has been stolen before and because I don't like the idea of someone having a easy way into my car even though I have a an alarm. So as you can see I like my oem type r parts even though it's only a key set. I got the whole set and I like the legit writing on the tags lol
Old 06-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice work man, it's coming along nicely. I miss Hawaii... Wish I could move there
Old 06-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iBear
Nice work man, it's coming along nicely. I miss Hawaii... Wish I could move there
Thanks man. Slowly but surely it's getting somewhere. Hawaii is awesome but so expensive. Right now I live in Oahu and don't like it. The only upside is the car scene, other then that I can't wait to move back to the big island
Old 07-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a little bit of time to work on my car today. All I did was raise up the front by about 10mm to give the car a more level stance. It's stockish looking now so I won't get into trouble with the fuzz or when I get my safety check. I've been disappointed on how shitty the finish of my refer bushed calipers was. I had them on for not even 2 months and they are starting to rust. Looks like I need some silver VHT soon.

I never took a picture of the engine bay and all of its glorious stockness. It's dirty but I'll take care of that eventually.

I also need to checkout the pads since they don't seem to be making full contact on the drivers side.

This is to show the difference between the piece that comes with the konis vs the spacer one to raise it 10mm. It's good quality for the price and came from Canada.

I didn't take much pictures of the work being done but I did snap pics of the car wash after that. I'm a lazy guys sometimes so I let them do all the work lol

I really liked this picture I got before they finished drying my girl.

Lastly the final ride height. Suspension wise nothing will change until I move back to the big island and decide which swap to go with so I can choose spring rates accordingly. Also Oahu roads suck.

Last edited by B16B Four Door; 07-01-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Picture wasn't showing
Old 07-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awwww yea!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't done much to the car recently, the car did develop a knocking noise when going over certain bumps and figured out that it was coming from the tie rod ends. The stuff on the car was all original from 1995 so definitely needs to be freshened up. So I placed an order for every single thing down to the little clips and stuff that I don't need to change but like too while I'm at it. Also I had a little extra change in my pocket at the time.

Idk what to say, I'm just in love with these red stickers.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SupremeDalek209
Awwww yea!
Lol thanks man, I wish my car was half way as cool as your del sol is
Old 09-03-2016, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To anyone who actually was keeping up with my build I finally did some work on it. I changed out the inner and outer tie rod ends with oem units. The old ones were well used and making noise every time I went over a bump. One day I'll change out all the bushings and my suspension will be better then when it was new.

Now onto the better news, one of my friends decided to swap out his b16 trans on his b20 vtec to a gsr so I picked up that from him (no pictures)

I did however get a oem replacement clutch, act 12 lbs flywheel, the oem flywheel and pressure plate bolts and innovative steel mounts

one of my friends works at a junkyard and is getting me the rest of the swap parts that I need. After this my car won't see any power upgrades until I do a j swap next year

Old 09-03-2016, 08:34 AM

Nice parts! The b16 trans is gonna be so sweet. wish i would have swapped the gsr trans out of an integra i sold .
Old 09-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking real good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 Ls Special Edition. No show or go...