Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

95 Accord EX first build ever thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Accord EX first build ever thread

I bought a riced out Accord EX for $2800 out of necessity about a month ago, saw it on Craigslist liked it enough to quickly learn to drive a stick and then bought it. Now I want to build it. Now I am very green when it comes to cars, I was never really interested in them until I bought this car, now I'm obsessed, but I have no idea where to start. Besides painting. The paint is starting to peel on the front which is ok, it's just motivation to cover the rice up. It has the f22b1 in it and from what I've read, it needs to go. I've also read that the h22 can be put on an F block with ease, so that's something I'm definetly interested in, or maybe a flat four boxer engine if possible. Idk though, I'm gonna need you guys to help me make this dream a reality lol.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Accord EX first build ever thread

Forgot to mention the miles are up there. 278,000 tbe. At this point is it even worth it?
Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW....im speechless.......you should have just bought a stock one to start with. This one is too far riced and not even worth the time nor money, in my opinion. I would sell it and buy a factory one.....ps i like these body style accords. good luck man.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by StreetLethaleg6
WOW....im speechless.......you should have just bought a stock one to start with. This one is too far riced and not even worth the time nor money, in my opinion. I would sell it and buy a factory one.....ps i like these body style accords. good luck man.
Let's just say I've matured alot since I bought it lmao. If purely based on how riced out it is is the only reason I should sell it, I'll keep it. Oem body pieces, and a paint job and she'll be fine. And yeah these Accords are great looking cars.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Factory bumper covers, trunk lid, and lights... with a fresh paint job in a more appealing color, and the car would look infinitely better. Throw on some nicer coilovers, a decent wheel and tire combination, and swap in an H22 or K-series, and it'll be a fun car to drive. Is the car automatic or manual?
Old 03-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Factory bumper covers, trunk lid, and lights... with a fresh paint job in a more appealing color, and the car would look infinitely better. Throw on some nicer coilovers, a decent wheel and tire combination, and swap in an H22 or K-series, and it'll be a fun car to drive. Is the car automatic or manual?
Plans right now are to replace the body kit with OEM parts and paint and take the wing off. I heard the local tech school does paint for cost of paint only so I'm going high quality with the paint. Right now I want to do the car white and plasti dip the wheels some kind of electric blue. Suggestions on a high quality white you don't see every day would be much appreciated! Then some interior work and coilovers.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Electric blue over white? Still looking kind of "ricey", but it is your car and your money.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Head over to HondaSociety.com and just immerse yourself in that forum and it's knowledge for a bit. Then, you need to come to this cross-roads:

1. Keep the car, part it out to anyone willing to pay for the stuff on CL (expect to deal with riff-raff, as that's who want's that stuff) and use that money for OEM replacements of everything

OR

2. Sell the car to someone who appreciates the rice as a thing of beauty, and start over with a clean OEM-state.
-------

I would go with #2. When it comes to Honda's, I just don't trust anyone else to mod them. Think about how the inside of that engine and tranny probably looks, based off of what they did to the outside. Can't trust the previous owner(s) on this one AT ALL.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If Accords are in your heart, you can flip this for what you paid for, and likely find a clean example, same model/year, for a about $500 less than you paid, and move forward with a lot less headache, and a more solid return on your investment of time and money.

My two cents...Best of luck! I too love this generation of Accords. You'll find modding them to be a lot of fun. But you, simply, must start your quest at HondaSociety.com. That's where the gold is for these models, and that forum doesn't hit google for some reason, so it's "off the radar".

Not to rob your thread, but here's the complete shoot thread for my Accord build. I miss the car, it was one of my fav's when done. I didn't have the time to properly stance it with proper rims before selling. :regrets:

http://hondasociety.com/board/showthread.php?t=154638