Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

00 Civic Small time Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 00 Civic Small time Build thread

Alright! I bought a kit from go-Autoworks. Greg walked me through it. I bought the rx600 kit, with the garret gtw-5857 BB turbo. Only upgraded I made to the kit was the turbo, a three inch down pipe, and ceramic coating for the turbine housing. He says, the kit should tke 3-6 weeks to ship. Should be perfect.. I imagine the block may be with benson for a month. That’ll give me time to get together everything else.

the kit ran me about 3.4k. I imagine I’ll be spending another 3.5-4K to get this whole thing finished. Sleeving, pistons, rods, intake mani, LSD, fuel system..

We are on the up and up!
Old 05-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this build is awesome keep up the good work.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HeLLa iLL2ndGen
this build is awesome keep up the good work.
thanks!!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Damn that's a lot of hard work and money Loyalhondahaver, looks good though.
Fark, take the engine out for a respray - dedication to the game(pain?!)!!!
Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, a **** ton of work. Oh my god.
Yes sir! Ridiculously dedicated to the game!

Sooo.. purchased for the turbo build,

as mentioned, I’ve purchased the turbo kit from go-Autoworks. Waiting for it to come.

ive purchased 98+ JDM ITR cams. They are with my friend. No real rush to grab them.

I bought the ATI super damper. It’s here! As of today.
10:1 Wiseco pistons and Manley turbo tuff rods, (purchased from realstreets eBay account)— they are here.

I also bought a black powder coated valve cover with -10an bungs welded already, with hoses all made up, and a speed factory-battery spot, 4 bung catch can. with that I got the hoses that will run from the catch can to the block as well. Bye bye stock PCV system. I need to purchase the block fittings for that. No huge hurry.. still need to get this block sleeved. Working on selling a finished car right now to pay for that.

Side note— I am doing a tan to gray interior conversion on a 00 civic sedan dx auto... but the door panels to the gray interior, are EX. So **** it, I am doing a power window/lock/mirror/cruise control conversion as well. Holy ****, so much wires. Doing it factory style. It’s going to feel awesome when it’s done.

So so many side projects. Also rebuilding a b16 just to make use of the parts.

Sooo.. next update will either be me bringing my block to benson, or me showing the turbo kit.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you mean you bought it from the Real ST performance that has 1000whp black Supra?
Anyhow, nice build, keep going.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Josip.
Did you mean you bought it from the Real ST performance that has 1000whp black Supra?
Anyhow, nice build, keep going.

huh? Real street? The pistons and rods came from RealStreets eBay store,, the kit is for sure from go-auto. Which! Will be here in two days! It’ll just be pretty for a bit.. going to finish and sell one more car then have the block sleeved.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If this is store you bought, then they are cool, got some cool builds too.

Anyhow, nice build, and good luck.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Josip.
If this is store you bought, then they are cool, got some cool builds too.

Anyhow, nice build, and good luck.
Thats the one. Thank you, it’s a crazy adventure, ha.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here’s most of the turbo kit. Never having turbo’d, my head is almost spinning looking at all of it. Haha. I know once I’m done it’ll all seem simple. Intercooler is coming in the another package tomorrow. I opened it, and I’m pretty sure I’ve been sitting here for 2 hours staring at and playing with it. Need to put it away and go make that money. Ha.

And here’s a funny I found on the interwebz. Love it.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi again! It’s been a while. Money has been an issue, ha, so I’ve been working my *** off and buying, planning, and researching. Here are some pics,

So.. this was my daily after the blue car. I put my type r swap in it.

I used this green flipper car to make some money for blue car. It has a broken off spark plug and was trashed nasty.

New things are happening, I am moving to Oregon. I need to drive the car there and turbo build isn’t finish. I rebuild— in the freshest fashion, this b16a. Will he installed in blue car NA as temp, and back up engine.

I refreshed the engine entirely, aside from rings and bearings, also converted from gray to tan interior, and manual to electric options.. this pic is where I last saw it. New owner didn’t even test drive or start the car. I used the money from this to..

Buy this RSX-S! Blown engine. I had to drive like, ohhh.. about 18 hours all together to get it. Was 2000 with price of car and everything else. I bought an 07 civic si engine for 1200 and installed it.

So now that I have this new RSX.. and no green car flipper profit, I must sell my salvage title 300k mile sedan. I kind of got it for 100 dollars as a pile of ****, see next pic...

It had a blown clutch and a high mileage d series, and was super Honda boi’d out in the fashion of mistreat. Anyways.. as I said I put my type r in it. I can’t sell it for **** around here.. I put an Si wing, front lip, front grill, wheels, and rear disc brakes (all OEM).. cleaned the interior, all the good stuff... I decided to revert it back to stock and put a fresh z6 in it. And that I did. I sold the car for 2500. It was a great car for me. And now the type r rests here—

In my living room. I have some downpayments on it, and when paid in full (2800 for full swap; with b16 trans), it will he gone. It’s been a good 3 years.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I’ve got pics for dayys.. I’ll add one more for now then say a bunch of words.

Would ya look at that sign!! Yep, you’re right.
​​​​​​​
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Down to the parts and stuff..
The power house is a GSR block I got at a yard sale with a crank for 20 bucks...... I emailed benson back in February and was surprised to find out, his shop is less than two hours north. Today! I had my **** together and I drove up to him. HOLY HUGE SHOP! It was an honor to meet the fellow. Extremely nice and generous with his knowledge. By tomorrow it’ll be sleeved. I bought ARP main studs used but they ended up being for b16. He is using some he has, and I am sending new ones to his house.

So.. in a week or so, I’ll drive back up in the snowy wonder land and get my :

82mm Benson sleeved and stamped B18C1 block, with piston to wall clearance set for the wiseco 10.0:1 pistons I handed him. He will also deck, hot tank, and Aline hone the block. Also he’ll balance my crank. I left him 2 so he can pick the best. HUGE STEP IN THIS ETERNAL BUILD!!

Next on deck.. I will be using a B18C1 head for this. I bought
ferrea 6000 series valves
supertech 85lbs springs with
supertech steel retainers
supertech valve locks
(will use) ITR camshafts.
Head is ported.

To that head I will attach my skunk2 ultra street manifold, which will have a s2 alpha 70mm TB. Both I got on a black Friday deal.

I also bought hondata s300 v2 for 300! As well as an AEM wideband gauge with a boshe sensor. I got a speedfactory 4 bar map sensor as well.

**** beens rolling slow but smooth.. as of right now, I need::
fuel rail, fuel pump, injectors, clutch/flywheel.. all the gaskets and such..... a few gauges and sensors....... and I’ll be rolling. I added this all up, not including parts I’ve used then sold.. from the beginning, when I bought the car in a field for 385, I am now around 22,000 into this ******. And it’s still in my back yard not running. I’ll change that this week!

oh yeah I bought some OEM JDM thin side moldings.

So many words and so much passion,, but.. until next time.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Saaad car. In waiting mode.

B16 installed! Got it street tuned. Drove it like a stole it.

Huh? After sitting for a year outside, painter is hooking it up and we are recleqring before buffing.

And painting the exterior small parts.

Boom! Paint work done!!

Got my GSR block back from Benson.

If you don't watch out ill impact your life with my gangster mechanic ways.

Kinda sad, the blox rear camber kit bushings failed from sitting and weathering. So I said screw it and installed these sphyricalmbushing BWR camber kits on a street car. I feel no bad effects like everyone mentions.

I also installed a manual rack, sooo.. it's time for an alignment.

Woooooooo, interior is together, exterior is together.

Interior complete, but of course it'll come apart again later.

Ummmmmmm.

Freshhh

I bought these from a dude for too much money. Will install soon.

Yyeee!

This b16 is slow. I went through a 2 week phase of smashing vtec so hard anywhere any time,,, with respect to the public. I was messed up with a cheating girlfriend and my blue car was my release lol.

You know how it is.

Bay shot! Until it's turbod, I'm really digging OEMness. Under the hood there, only thing not OEM is the radiator, hoses, intake manifold and spark plug wires. I've got like a million more hours to put into the car to have it where I want. You know, I never thought it would get even this far.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the last week, I moved to another city. The car made the 6.5 hour drive loaded down with stuff no problem. Before I moved I gave it like 3 days of time, making sure I have it all together so I wouldn't miss anything in the move. I gave it OEM fender liners with the right OEM clips and screws, I also put the under tray on. And OEM mud flaps. . The manual rack conversion kinda sucked, because I didnt prepare properly, the manual rack uses a different boot to seal the rack to the chassis. But I already had my power rack out, and couldn't wait for part. So now I'll have to drop the rack to install the boot when I get it, and probably need another alignment. Everything must be perfect! There are a few imperfections in the paint job. I am thinking to take it to a pro shop and let them make it perfect. I'm also debating on replacing all of the glass. Atleast the front and rear window for sure. May do side quarter windows just to renew the rubbers. I have to order emblems and stickers soon. I'll be getting a custom plate that says "CLONE'' more than likely. This is supposed to be my weekend car, but I can't stop driving it. My RSX just sits. I just got a regular people's job, (before this I just fixed hondas and iPhones). I'll be able to buy the rest of the parts I need for the turbo build soon! But time is less. I am hoping my turbo build is installed and finished by the end of the summer.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yes finished head!

Purrdyyyyyyy. Ready for all the unicorn power. (Mcm )
Old 05-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bend, OR

I-5 north, nothing better for me than cruising.

Seattle, WA

Bellevue, WA
Old 05-31-2019, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Friend gifted me these reverse LEDs! And got OEM Si and DOHC vtec decals.

I think it’s too high

Testing appearance of the retrofits.

Should have put this double sided foam tape on before mounting the lip.

Decided I didn’t like the appearce, so I swapped the retrofit stuff into my clear housings.

Aren’t these beautiful? Perfection. Got them to dress up the under hood bolts in a nice OEM fashion. Have more to get.

Decided to run the factory H on front. Opposite of what most actual Si’s do lol.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trying to figure out how I’ll wire up these headlights.. they are single beam bulbs. I need the low beam wire to stay powered when I hit the high beams, the high beam will drop a shield actuated by a solenoid in the projector.

Rainy shot..

Headlights finished up and fender hardware dressed up.. its the little things.

All the small parts that are forgotten until the end.

Woo! Now I can start assmebling.

Made a make shift engine building area.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My type s and blue car struttin

More little parts.

The factory fog light kit came with a lighter gray (type f) switch.. so I swapped it out for the right color to match my interior.

Factory oil cooler set up why not!

Let’s start this build!

I will call it perfect! All mains show dead on the same at I think .0019”. ARP main studs torqued at 80 ft lbs.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spins soooo easy! I dropped off rods to be weight matched to all be the same to .5g, waiting to get them from machine shop.

Put the head together as much as I can after this pic, rocker shafts in, rocker arms installed, skunk2 LMAs installed.

These studs all have yuck threads. Ordered 4 more.

WOOOOOO! Big stepping stone in the build. ID1700x.

I bought a .5L spacer for my manifold.

More little parts. I’ll probably have to order a small thing of parts like this a few more times. I just keep finding more things I need or want. Also, I sold my ATI street damper and bought an ATI Race Damper! And I bought an JE proseal HG. And a Moroso 5.5quart oil pan.

i bought the oil squirter deletes because I only have b16 squirters, they hit the GSR crank. And I’m told even GSR oil squirters will hit wiseco pistons.

Next steps.. get rods from machine shop.. I think I’ll be able to build my block then. Bolt head on and all. Then really, I need to buy a clutch/flywheel.. get my gsr trans with ITR LSD back from tranny guy... and install! Then next thing will be sending my ecu to have BBG and COP components installed. Ugh. I want it to be done now. Ok. See ya on the next update.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take your time bro don’t rush it car is coming out sicckkkkkk!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inspirational
Old 06-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I picked up my rods but kind of got screwed! See how the bearing is sticking about the ends of the cap? Yes, you do need a little for bearing crush, like .006?? Can’t recall.. on the rod side, the bearing sunk way in. All other rods gave normal results. I also installed these bearings in other rods and they installed normally.

What it comes down to is a manufacturing defect. See how the cut line of the rod on right is lower than the good rod on the left? I pitched my case to real street, real street contacted manley and manley sent me a new rod with a return shipping label for the old one. Pretty sweet seeing as I bought these a year ago!! Crap part is I had them weight matched and mass balanced right? So I must bring them back and have them match this rod to the rest. .

New rod. You know, I have the tools and knowledge.. but tend to get obsessive, I was going to say screw it and trust machine shops work, trust bensons work, trust part manufactures precision,, trust plastigauge.. and just toss it together. By way of plastigauge, my main clearances were awesome, but rods were too tight it seemed.. this is with standard sized ACL race bearings. Sooo then I busted out the tools and such.. it’s damn hard to get an accurate measurement with a snapgauge for ID.

Here are the specs for my rod journals on the crank. The crank gives the letter C? I think.. can’t recall,, for every journal. So according to Honda, this crank was the same diameter +/- .00005? For every rod journal. I measured each journal 6 times in different places and took an average. But the code system doesn’t matter because I have aftermarket rods and have been polished. Seems like reds or one step thicker may be what I’ll use.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love seeing builds like these, where people measure things.
I can't explain how annoyed I am when people just put ACL bearings, and that's all.

Really nice build, good luck man.

Quick Reply: 00 Civic Small time Build thread