Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Time for my H23 VTEC Build DD

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TiMe FoR mY H23 vTeC bUiLd Dd

so i got my block this weekend took some pics of it. everything looks to be in great shape and my h22 head from cc's in suppose to get here on this week. everything is starting to come together.
Attached Images      
Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodluck with the build
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by KillaSIPP
Goodluck with the build
thanks.....
so i got my cylinder head from cc and it looks awesome. he did a great job. will be connecting the head and block this weekend if i can have to be at work almost this entire weekend so i don't if i will get to do it. hopefully we cancel some flight
Attached Images      
Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM

ok so here is my new problem that i just found out tonight. my engine builder call the tuner today and just give a heads up about what going on and if there is any issues with it. well the person comes out and said he willn't tune a 12.5 to 13 compression vehicle all motor. so now this my issue. since the person willn't due it where do i go. i was thinking maybe evans- but that a pretty long drive for me. is there anything in nj or nyc that people would trust and not get screwed going to them.. thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM

i want to make power and i dont want to settle on what he thinks is the most power it will make. I will save some more money and go to either evans tuning or rstech tuning and have them do it. i am not going to give this guy a dollar and have him due a half *** job. i will go to people that have dealt with engines making this compression and tuning it right. i am not saying i have a monster engine but i am not going to have it run ok instead of being great. i want to try to maybe beat 98vtec time so i can't do conservative right now.

Last edited by crazes; 04-17-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 PM

so everything is pretty much done starting to do the p2v this week hopefully get the motor in the car. for sure wont start this weekend. Honda Day is here and work stops for that....ALL MOTOR FTW. . have had some delays trying to get the header from bisi so i am trying to see what happens with that. the good news i have is am hopefully going to get tuned by a know all motor guy. dont want to say until i know for sure.Not evans. thats pretty much it for now. will let keep you fellas updated.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:45 PM

so i have had some issues getting the header from bisi. there has been some delays with r&d but it suppose to be out by end of may..bisi was pretty cool about explaining the delays and about putting stuff on the market that is R&D complete and not half-azz ...i pretty much finished up everything i need and got some small things that i need to finish my build just got to by a catch can and some axles so i will be good for the finish of this...didn't make it to honda day cause of delays i BETTER be freaking ready by august honda day,,......i be pissed big time..will see what happens.....
Attached Images      

Last edited by crazes; 04-27-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i suggest taking it to Nrg-tech and get it tuned on there dyno...real nice people there with a great facility.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Professor15
i suggest taking it to Nrg-tech and get it tuned on there dyno...real nice people there with a great facility.
i am actually found someone that i pretty sure will do a great job..its going to be rs tech....2fastgsr tuner.....i know he worked on plenty oh h series motor before, so i can't go wrong with that...thanks for the advice though
Old 04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a very similar build you should be real close to your horse power goals but i dont think any were near that much tourqe but good luck with the buid im real curious to see the dyno. you got better cams and no balance shafts and this was with ac and power steering just to give you some idea.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RSTECH FTMFW!!!!

You made a good decision.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by jdm_ef9
RSTECH FTMFW!!!!

You made a good decision.
thanks jdm_ef9....i mean you cant go wrong with people that have made power with h series motors before....and i got to speak to the jake and randy and these guys are real down to earth and are willing to talk about somethings and bulids. IE (during honda day when they were working on the jake's ride they still took out sometime to talk to me about tuning with them and suggestions on building,claying and adjustments....... BIG
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Randy did our b-series CRX and I was very pleased with the results.

We'll see what he can do with mine real soon!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So did xeno turn you down on tuning? That's odd.

Anyways, it shouldn't be hard to beat 98vtec's numbers, considering he has a completely stock head, including the cams. The question is, can you drive as good as him :p

Good luck with your build. I'm still trying to push the limits of the stock head/block. Trying to hit 215 with 11.5 compression.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM

i dont kno if i missed the parts that u wherer putting on it but are you gona put a turbo?..i have a friend that had a 2000 hach. He had a HKS turbo running like 10 pnds of boost and that at the track it ran 12s. it was a fast car, until he had to get rid of it bc he couldant drive it in the winter but it was biilt to the top. Good luck with the butild and get back to me on that turbo question pleas..
thanks Conner
Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a good build man. I'm In For more on this one considering I'm thinking of boing something similar. Best of luck with the
Build
Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jdm_ef9
Randy did our b-series CRX and I was very pleased with the results.

We'll see what he can do with mine real soon!
yea thats why i figured that i can't go wrong with it
Originally Posted by d112crzy
So did xeno turn you down on tuning? That's odd.

Anyways, it shouldn't be hard to beat 98vtec's numbers, considering he has a completely stock head, including the cams. The question is, can you drive as good as him :p

Good luck with your build. I'm still trying to push the limits of the stock head/block. Trying to hit 215 with 11.5 compression.
he didn't feel comportable doing it because of the amount of compression is was running ie !12.5 -13 to 1 compression...thats what pretty much it came happened. so i went and talked to jake and randy and they said sure...they have a proven 2.6 before which is alot more than what i have so i pretty sure they can do there thing....i hope i beat his time i will not stay i will until it occurs cause things can occur and i break something at the track..well see when i go down there diffenetly i will have a video camera for that day.. (maybe honda day)

Originally Posted by vtecmeup981
i dont kno if i missed the parts that u wherer putting on it but are you gona put a turbo?..i have a friend that had a 2000 hach. He had a HKS turbo running like 10 pnds of boost and that at the track it ran 12s. it was a fast car, until he had to get rid of it bc he couldant drive it in the winter but it was biilt to the top. Good luck with the butild and get back to me on that turbo question pleas..
thanks Conner
no i am actually staying all motor for this car....i was thinking maybe take the h22 block i have and maybe later next yr go turbo on it but that not anywhere in the near future..

Originally Posted by jgraham0326
Looks like a good build man. I'm In For more on this one considering I'm thinking of boing something similar. Best of luck with the
Build
i hope u mean buliding something this cause boing is kind of messed up...but thanks for sticking in for it......

i just need to figure out what catch can if i just weld in to the valve cover like the usual or get the endyne kit they have for sale don't need some advice on that one...or maybe some one selling the valve cover with bungs already installed. 10-an or 12-an would be great...thats what i was recommended by Jake and NAH2B....
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by f20b jones
I have a very similar build you should be real close to your horse power goals but i dont think any were near that much tourqe but good luck with the buid im real curious to see the dyno. you got better cams and no balance shafts and this was with ac and power steering just to give you some idea.
what cams where you running on your build...it almost look like and straight H22 numbers with the tq that way?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

negu built!!!...errrrly
Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by crazes
ok so here is my new problem that i just found out tonight. my engine builder call the tuner today and just give a heads up about what going on and if there is any issues with it. well the person comes out and said he willn't tune a 12.5 to 13 compression vehicle all motor. so now this my issue. since the person willn't due it where do i go. i was thinking maybe evans- but that a pretty long drive for me. is there anything in nj or nyc that people would trust and not get screwed going to them.. thanks for the help
from the pics u have those pistons look like jdm pistons do ur pistons say p13 or p5p b/c p5p are the types s pistons if p13 and using stock head gasket it will be 11.5
Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by E.Money Baggz
negu built!!!...errrrly
LOL.....you know how we do...defienetly going to try to put that builder on the map.....how is the whip doing you going to e-town for nationals on sun.... NEGU BUILT FTMFW!!!!

Originally Posted by ssaccord92
from the pics u have those pistons look like jdm pistons do ur pistons say p13 or p5p b/c p5p are the types s pistons if p13 and using stock head gasket it will be 11.5
yea i know...they are P5P pistons i double checked it when i got them.....and with the flat valves it will probably jump up to 12.5 to 13 not 100% sure...i used the calculator and it said 12.4 but thats without flat valves and little .003 milled of the head so we will see what occurs with that...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[quote=crazes;38348890]LOL.....you know how we do...defienetly going to try to put that builder on the map.....how is the whip doing you going to e-town for nationals on sun.... NEGU BUILT FTMFW!!!!

the whip doing good kid, motor loks good man hurry and throw it in der i want my run lol
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are going to take good care of you buddy dont you worry . . .
Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=E.Money Baggz;38354716]
Originally Posted by crazes
LOL.....you know how we do...defienetly going to try to put that builder on the map.....how is the whip doing you going to e-town for nationals on sun.... NEGU BUILT FTMFW!!!!

the whip doing good kid, motor loks good man hurry and throw it in der i want my run lol
thats good too hear......i am going to soon just that my bisimoto header is delaying the F out of me now i have to wait til end of may to get the header....makes me look bad cause i talked to jake and randy from rs tech and said i want to tune middle may and now its getting pushed back further......but what can i do i want something good i have to wait and be patient for it....dont worry you will get your shot at it for sure...must record...lol

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
We are going to take good care of you buddy dont you worry . . .
i really hope you mean that in the best way possible....cause anyone reading that would get scared really quickly.......JK....good luck sunday also... see you there
Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=crazes;38355756]
Originally Posted by E.Money Baggz

thats good too hear......i am going to soon just that my bisimoto header is delaying the F out of me now i have to wait til end of may to get the header....makes me look bad cause i talked to jake and randy from rs tech and said i want to tune middle may and now its getting pushed back further......but what can i do i want something good i have to wait and be patient for it....dont worry you will get your shot at it for sure...must record...lol
You are honestly probably gonna have to wait much longer than that. When the first F22 bisi header came out, it got delayed MONTHS. Not because of bisi, but because of his fabricator.

Quick Reply: Time for my H23 VTEC Build DD