Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Stroked B16B-->B19 Road Racing Use

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stroked B16B-->B19 Road Racing Use

Got some goodies in the mail today...CP Pistons are next...

Old 06-24-2016, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice:D I have an ek9 with a B20 and hewland dogbox as well, I circuit out in the Caribbean. The stroker i bought from you is for my new build CRX b16b jenvey itbs.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Back from the dead. Brought the engine to the engine builder for clearances. i did V2V clearance and there's plenty. did not hae time to do P2V, the engine is literally been sitting in my garage for months, so i decided to take it to him. has anybody ever had clearances issues with TODA B's in a similar setup?? Block and head have not been milled and i'm running a standard cometic 84mm 0.030 hg.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jryKC
Thanks for the update!
no problem!! I forgot to take pics in the meantime....1st post updated with engine specs.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rise VTEC
...1st post updated with engine specs.
Whoa...I'm just looking over the engine specs again. This thing is going to rip!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise VTEC
Back from the dead. Brought the engine to the engine builder for clearances. i did V2V clearance and there's plenty. did not hae time to do P2V, the engine is literally been sitting in my garage for months, so i decided to take it to him. has anybody ever had clearances issues with TODA B's in a similar setup?? Block and head have not been milled and i'm running a standard cometic 84mm 0.030 hg.
I ran a Toda and comp stage 2 combo with JE pistons without issue. Ran .5mm oversized ferrea valves. Your CP pistons should have plenty big enough reliefs in them, I would not sweat it.

I'm always more concerned with v2v than p2v especially when you are running aftermarket pistons.

Is this going to visit a dragstrip? Can't wait to see this thing run!

BTW, what's the quickest all motor B16B you've come across? I just did a google search on this and didn't come up with much, or at least nothing worth bragging about. I'm also sitting on a B16B for my '95hb, hoping for some quick et's.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GIZZ - EXV
I ran a Toda and comp stage 2 combo with JE pistons without issue. Ran .5mm oversized ferrea valves. Your CP pistons should have plenty big enough reliefs in them, I would not sweat it.

I'm always more concerned with v2v than p2v especially when you are running aftermarket pistons.

Is this going to visit a dragstrip? Can't wait to see this thing run!

BTW, what's the quickest all motor B16B you've come across? I just did a google search on this and didn't come up with much, or at least nothing worth bragging about. I'm also sitting on a B16B for my '95hb, hoping for some quick et's.
Thank you!! it should be ready before christmas. The car will only see road racing courses. maybe some auto-x. In Japan i haven't really seen a lot of b16b's, since almost everyone swaps b18c or strokes their b16b. the few i've seen were just immaculate stock ek9's. mine had a stock b16b inside and it was pretty quick for a 1.6 (i was only running a spoon thin layer HG that raised the CR to 11.0:1) the power band was all after 6k rpms anything below that was just dead. the thing that helped me the most on track was the short geared transmission with a 4.9 fd. you really can feel the difference with that. the b16b is a solid motor, but don't expect low-mid range power. the power band is all at the top.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Few updates:

Sold the ITB's and I'm in the process of buying a skunk2 Ultra Street manifold (with 4 piston P&P) and a Skunk2 74mm Pro TB.
AEM Fuel rail. Bought a new fuel tank that will only see E85 along with a grams 255lph pump. I'm in the process of re-doing all the fuel lines: ran a -6an ss line from the tank to the firewall (inside the cabin) that will go to an inline 40 micron filter to the fuel rail. ran a 1/4 in rubber fuel hose connected to a -4an (i believe) from the FPR back to the tank. i will leave all the EVAP vent system stock. waiting on the rubber hose from the fuel filler neck to the tank.
I'm also re doing the brake lines: i've eliminated the hard lines and i'm substituting it with SS lines. the rear is already installed. I just need to route it neatly inside the cabin.
Installed my skunk2 pro series plus front camber kit and my Blitz ZZ-r coilovers. (10kg fr and 8kg rear for those who are wondering). installed also my J-Speed fender braces.
Re-sprayed the engine bay with a high temp/rust resistant semi gloss black and mounted my solid 85A innovative mounts. The build is coming along well.

Last edited by Rise VTEC; 11-14-2017 at 05:30 AM.