Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!!

First of all, i would like to clarify a few things before i start.

Don't use the excuse that Randy has got a big job from jesse james and that i have to wait like everyone else, because my job was from the 25th sept before he got the job from jesse james.

1.)I have been more than fair to Randy, even he agrees with that everytime i spoke to him, but don't take advantage of kindness!!

2.) I've given him too many chances, extentions and warnings. I dealt with him professionally, and always given him the benefit of doubt.

3.) Lost contact with him, but found his east coast distributor 98vtec who has been relaying messages between randy and myself. But since Monday, 98vtec hasnt been able to contact randy, so i am forced to do this.

4.) I've warned him that if he doesnt keep to his promise this time, i will make this public until he settles my case.

5.) This is frustration to the limit and all i want is my money back!!

I contacted Randy aka RMF here on HT on the 24th September asking him if he could build a custom header for me in time for my race on the 8th October. I had a choice of buying a 2nd hand race header, but thought i'll give him a try since he was online so i sent him a PM asking him what he can offer me. He agreed that he will start on my header once he gets a 50% deposit. So this is not a regular buying off the shelf case and waiting a month or more for his products is justified. This is a special case where he agreed to undertake the job knowing clearly that i have a time constrain. He clearly said he will start right away once he gets payment and it will be done in a few days. I sent $1000 to him the very next day. He collected the cash and said he was off to burns stainless right away to buy the stainless tubing. that was on the 25th september. I was expecting the header to be built by the 28th.

On the 28th, the day he was supposed to deliver the header. I called him, to my surprise he told me that he couldn't find a stainless flange so the header's not built. But he assured me that he's got all the bits in and will rush on it and send to me on the saturday which is 30th september.

Time was very tight then as i have to get the car tuned and ready for my race on the 8th. I called him many times on saturday 30th, sunday 1st but his phone was off.

Got hold of him on monday and he said he was caught up with some stuff over the weekend so i kindly asked him if he has the header made and ready to go. He then said, how about a mild steel unit instead. So i made the decision, ok fine, i will take the mild steel unit if you refund the rest, since my race is coming up i needed a header no matter what.

Then tuesday and wednesday, still no news. I knew my race was not going to happen now and my frustration grew.

Until today, he has promised at least 5times that he has the header done and he will send it over the next day. WHen i call him the next day, no answer and then only get hold of him 2 days later. it went on and on until 2 weeks ago.

I've lost contact with him about 3weeks now. NEver answer my calls. Finally found 98vtec and he has been relaying messages for me. Last time, randy said he will refund the money to me by monday, once again nothing happened. I've warned i will put this on HT if he doesnt do what he promised.

Monday was your agreed dateline for the refund randy. 98vtec relayed the message to me the thursday before and i agreed to wait and i've warned you, do what you say!

Once again no contact, not a word from you!!!!!!
Now i have no choice but to come here and do the drastic.

Yes you are doing jesse jame's trucks and you're very busy. So for the last 2weeks you can't spare a min to reply to my emails or call???????

What kind of business are you running?

Randy, i know you can see this, all i want is my money refunded in cash. Do it now and no more excuses

Old 11-11-2006, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!! (Suzukii)

there is NO excuse for bad buisness...all it takes is a phone call....especially from a well known name like rmf....good luck man.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!! (Suzukii)

wow thats sucks good luck gettin your money back. ive seen him on b20vtec.com its supposed to be his new home so he says check out the site and look for his screenname(rmf) maybe you can get him there
Old 11-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!! (savinGAS

I too had to wait forever to recieve my header, and I paid in full up front.

Took 13 weeks.

I mean, yes, the man makes a GREAT product, but someone really needs to light a fire under his *** to up his customer service.

- Derek
Old 11-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suzukii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He collected the cash and said he was off to burns stainless right away to buy the stainless tubing. that was on the 25th september. I was expecting the header to be built by the 28th.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tight deadline.
When getting custom parts made for your car you gotta understand theres alot that will go into it,and things can come up. I was told 2-3weeks and it took alot more than that.But the quality was worth it. I also missed a big race this year with alot bigger deal line than 3days, but you got to understand its only 1 guy doing the work. Theres always been a big demand for one of Randy's headers. Sorry to hear you missed your race. I'm shure Randy will make this rite.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:35 AM

They say "good things come to those who wait" or "be patient" or "it's worth the wait" or "in the end you'll be happy...................but this is a sad F#$K!n case/story. I sure hope you get your money back man. GOODLUCKKKK
Old 11-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Broken promises suck, and seem to happen far too often in this business.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!! (savinGAS

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-Rob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I too had to wait forever to recieve my header, and I paid in full up front.

Took 13 weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jesus christ...13 weeks? I'll pass on that and find somebody else.
Thanks for the info...I was going to place an order for a header to be made for me but I'll pass now.

maybe if I did order it now...it might be ready for the mid summer races
Old 11-11-2006, 07:04 AM

hmm smsp sounds good right now
Old 11-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (type B16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by type B16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm smsp sounds good right now</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. When's the last time you read something about poor service or quality from SMSP? That is precisely why I recommend Dave's products whenever the subject comes up. Truly excellent.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

damn, and i want a rmf header too, i know the wait is gonna be long but now im scared after reading this.....
Old 11-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

dave's wait time is way more reasonable and his sevice is second to none i think i waited 6 weeks for my SMS header from the time i placed the order til the time i got it.

no clue what his wait time is now.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Re: (91' LS-VTEC)

Wait time is one thing, lies and empty promises are a whole different thing altogether. I won't be making such a fuss if i've been told it will take so long. Problem is, i had a choice between RMF or another brand that was 2nd hand. He was online and i pmed him and he promised to make the header in time for my race. Thats the whole point of using his header, because he could build it on time for my race. If it was gonna take so long, i wouldn't have given him the job.

No excuses either. He always lie about having the header built and could deliver the next day. NEXT DAY!!! i heard that like on more than 3 occassions! Doesnt he realise that alot of plans were messed up everytime he promises to deliver and nothing happens?

Businesses running JIT( just in time) manufacturing systems, when suppliers deliver late, the suppliers get fined!

Randy you lack integrity, reponsibility, reliability and credibility!!!!!
There is no integrity on anything you've said or promised. No more lies, i just want my money back now.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Suzukii)

i tried to help.......this is one of the BIG reasons that i have become his distributor. His current wait time is 2 months. 70 people on the list to get them made, 1 randy.....go figure how long its gonna take.

I cant speak too much on Randy's behalf......

good luck in your future races.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Re: (98vtec)

Yes, its not rocket science to figure out how long it takes for a one man band like Randy to deliver 70headers.

This argument however is not valid at all in this case.

He promised to build the header for me in time for the race. I gave him the job on this basis alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont tell me how long it takes and how many headers he has to make now or how many customers are waiting for their headers.

WHY DIDN"T HE TELL ME THIS WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO PAY HIM???
Old 11-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the h-t bandwagon will soon learn about the real randy.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:22 AM

hey suzukii youre the guy i recommended rmf to right? if so, im sorry
Old 11-11-2006, 10:24 AM

98vtec,

whats the situation now?? Did you manage to speak to him since last week? What's his excuse this time?

Fact: He has agreed to refund by monday 6th november, so i'm not waiting for any headers.

Modified by Suzukii at 11:48 AM 11/11/2006
Old 11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i was in a simialr situation with randy a lil while ago i bought my header from him got it perfect nothing wrong installed and i had a whole due to the tranny plate cover ( nobody told me i had to take it off to run this header) so randy agreed to take it and fix it for free. this was while he was still working with import power house. then right when i sent my header to import power house randy had quit. and nobody at import knew what was up with my header so i had to explain what had happened and they said that they would do there best to get a hold of randy. so randy finally got the header a couple of days after and then he dissaperared i didnt hear from him for 2 weeks. and i had to start a thread here on h-t "wheres Randy (RMF) and he finally chirped in saying yea i got it fix give me ur addresss so i can send it to u. and i did and nothing . got his number and called him every 2 days and he would give me the run around and ****. come to be i just recieved my header last week and i sent it out 2 months ago when he promised me that it would only take a week. also he made me pay for the shipping to get it back and took an additiona 3 weeks to send it back and everyone time i would talk to him he would say no i sent it and i sent it i cant beleive u didnt receive it yet. then he finally gave me a tracking number and was like i just sent it overnight ull recieve it tomm i checked the tracking number it was sent normal mail 3 days lata i got it but basically i had to wait 2 months for him to wel a tiny whole and deal with him lying to me all the time
Old 11-11-2006, 11:20 AM
moderator emeritus

i just talked to him. He has been out of town (at the shop working on Jesse's trucks). He said he will be back to his shop by monday or tuesday and will get it sent out then. He already knows he is in the doghole with you, so there is no reason for him to get in the doghole with a very prominent name in custom fabrication. The reason you havent been able to get in contact with him is because he hasnt even been at his shop since starting the James trucks.
And i told you that I lost my cell phone and all the numbers in there including randy's Cell phone number. So it wasnt that i couldnt get in contact with him, its the fact that i didnt have the means to get in contact with him while he is not at the shop. Only people with his cell phone number could contact him. I finally got it yesterday and called him just now. There are 2 sides to every story. I personally would like to hear the conversation that your magazine editor had with Randy. Because what randy says is that he wasnt the nicest person in the world.....threatening Randy saying that if the header wasnt made in time, that he would write bad things in the article of your racecar. This was the DAY that he received the money.

Now, I can say that Randy promises alot of things that he shouldnt promise soley because of how far behind he is in everything he has to get done. This is why i am here. I know his schedule and I will not be the one to say that a header will get done in a week and get sent out, because its just not possible right now.
Honestly, i dont think he should have even taken on the header build for you, but he did and there is nothing anyone can do about it now. It wasnt his intentions not to get it done. Believe me he wanted to get it done, but his time restraints didnt allow for it.

And the reason daves customer service is so good is because he doesnt make "all" his headers himself........so thats the end of that point.....
Old 11-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He already knows he is in the doghole with you, so there is no reason for him to get in the doghole with a very prominent name in custom fabrication.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
No wonder his customer service sucks with that attitude. If your not famous you get pushed to the end of the line
Old 11-11-2006, 11:37 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (SIXTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No wonder his customer service sucks with that attitude. If your not famous you get pushed to the end of the line </TD></TR></TABLE>

put it this way.....would you rather **** off one person or two people?....one who could do alot more damage to his reputation...?

maybe this situation will stop people from ordering for awhile and he can catch up.......
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not involved in this at all, but why doesnt he just stop taking orders till he can catch up, im sure threads like this are hurting his future business more than just stopping till he can catch up..
Old 11-11-2006, 12:06 PM

it sounds like everyone was in a shitty position and no one really ahs the right to be that upset.... **** happens man ... i know we are talking about a lot of money and your racing.... but come on he go into the business by he rep... he good... thats why hes with Jessi James.... i agree he should have just said he couldnt do it... but its money and who can so no to work... he figured he could bust his ***** bang it out fo you and get it done but he didnt... i also agree that he should have called you but even if he did call you you wouldnt have gotten your header.... its done with get your header and be happ or getyour money and be happy... no need to be so pissed up man! drink a beer.... my ls/vtec too 6 months to build now hes out of business and my motor with 1600 miles on it has blow by issues ....nothing i can do about it either
Old 11-11-2006, 12:09 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (VTECommie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECommie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not involved in this at all, but why doesnt he just stop taking orders till he can catch up, im sure threads like this are hurting his future business more than just stopping till he can catch up..</TD></TR></TABLE>

first i have to go through the list of 70 people and send out emails to see who all is still interested in getting a header made.

Quick Reply: Randy RMF, since you cannot be contacted on your mobile, i'm sure you can read this!!!