Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

ProFunction Presents Bseries Intake Manifold Tests Version 2.0(L) Endyn Edelbrock ITR

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProFunction Presents Bseries Intake Manifold Tests Version 2.0(L) Endyn Edelbrock ITR

Setup on the car is a daily driven ITR engine. Internals consist of the following

85mm Bore X 89mm Stroke
CP Shelf 13ish:1 pistons/Eagle Rods
Skunk ProSeries Valvetrain
Skunk Pro3 Cams/Skunk Cam Gears
Portflow Headwork
ProFab Header w/ 3 inch exhaust

Cams were degreed in per spec sheet. Our testing for tonight consists of the VictorX manifold, Endyn CF Air, and a CNC Ported ITR. We also mollested some intake piping for testing.

For reference this is the car's setup previous to the headwork and manifold testing. We were going solid 11.9's@113 w/about 220-225whp.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/b-series-simple-budget-recipe-11s-daily-driven-2720497/

Our dyno reads roughly about 5-10% lower than local dynojets. For another reference here is a post about my previous K20 and its capabilities at 237whp. https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/11-51%40116-14-237whp-street-all-motor-k20-eg-stock-block-stock-cast-head-2389482/

*note: All runs are done in MPH because my rpm pickup was acting up. For reference here is where MPH ends up as RPM(Give or take a few RPM/MPH):
45mph= 4000 rpm
72mph= 5300 rpm
88mph= 6500 rpm
96mph= 7400 rpm
112mph= 8400 rpm

Before last night's dyno test we were on a VictorX manifold making a peak of 235whp and under our first round of track testing went 11.6@116.

This is our best power on the VictorX

Next up was the Endyn CF Manifold.

Red Line is the Victor X / Blue Line is the Endyn CF Air

The victor X got dominated. Plain and simple. There was about 6-7 whp gain on the peak and as much as 12-14 in the midrange.

Next up is the CNC Ported ITR.

Red Line is the CF AIR / Blue Line is the Ported ITR

Honda came through once again with some great midrange and a clean powerband. We lost .6 on peak but gained some very usuable power between 6000 to 8000. As much as 5-7whp. The CF Air looked like it wanted to hold the power for just a bit longer but it didnt seem worth the minimal top end gain for the heavy midrange we were seeing.

Seeing as this had the cleanest powerband and most usable power we decided to stick with it. Next up was to mess with different intake combos. Previously we always used a simple 3 inch w/ vstack that stuck out the headlight.

After mollesting piping, vstacks and tubing for about an hour....the best thing we came up with was this thing.

It's a standard ebay 3 inch intake for a civic...mated to a full-race 3in. to 4 in. silicone adapter....mated to a 4 inch aluminum union...that is mated to a vibrant 45 degree 4 inch silicone....that is mated to a fat gold 4 inch Blox vstack.

Its splitting hairs but the purple line is our new contraption. We saw as much as 4-5whp in between 5800-6800 rpm and about 1whp up top as it held the power longer. At this point we are at about 242whp peak.

Our last test for the night was a throttle body. We have been on a 68mm Throttle body and wanted to see what a bigger TB would do. Up next is a 68mm vs. 72mm tb comparison.

Red Line is a 68mm TB / Blue Line is a 72mm TB. Sadly enough the manifold was only ported to match a 70mm TB. We gained anywhere from 2-4whp past 7000 RPM.

This is our final configurement for the time being. We will be back to the track for testing soon. We're looking for 11.40's and 118mph traps.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 AM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ProFunction Presents Bseries Intake Manifold Tests Version 2.0(L) Endyn Edelbrock

Thank you for sharing these results
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ProFunction Presents Bseries Intake Manifold Tests Version 2.0(L) Endyn Edelbrock

Thank you very much for sharing this. I was thinking about selling my ITR intake manifold but that made me change my mind. I will have to get it ported now.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, good to see some actually tech up in here. Thanks for going in depth with a thread.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MAD PROPS to you man
thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow great info. I am also currently running the victor x and also have a cnc ported itr manifold from chris at rage performance i will be trying on the dyno.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Brilliant... Its been a while since we've an actual tech thread here.... I always had faith in an CNC ITR manifold... I need to get one asap... Was that ITR manifold ported by Endyn???
Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Endyn and CNC ported ITR rulez. THX for the test!

Edit: I am currenly running a custom Endyn fabrication and the IB cnc ported ITR is waiting on the shelf.

Last edited by koczeka; 09-17-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 PM

That's a good intake manifold test!
Nice results too

Power is all in the runners.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for sharing. It's about time we get a real tech thread with useful info.

Looks like I'll be having my Sk2 CNC'd this year lol
Old 09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2k.civic.si
Wow great info. I am also currently running the victor x and also have a cnc ported itr manifold from chris at rage performance i will be trying on the dyno.

This manifold is one of that last batch that RAGE had back in the day. Its been passed around through a handful of my customers' and now it belongs to my customer who has a nice 2.0 setup.

The CNC porting i believe was done by R&D dyno? Its been a while and i might've forgotten who exactly did the work.

But now that we have a little analyzation on what this engine is behaving well with.....we may look into a custom Endyn mani, or perhaps plan for a great deal on a kinsler setup in the future(HINT!HINT!).

After that we will be planning for a custom header. And if Bisi's headers are as magical as they have seem to been on every dyno chart we have seen....then i guess we'll be in a good spot.

Thanks for the props guys

Mikey
Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EXCELLENT! Glad to see the victorx not do so bad vs the CF manifold.. i'm actually thinking about endyn's new manifold they've been custom making.. non the less - great test mikey.. its looks good

i dont think the money going from a 68mm to a 72mm is justified i think a 68mm looks to be the overall best idea for a good 2.0 setup..
vickey looked to carry the power to almost 9 grand.. looks great.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW that some really good power out of a ported manifold!! Did you guys reshape it to the max? or just polished it?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Regarding your subtle hint - you should get in touch with me.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell ya Mikey.

Was that the chopped ITR?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I knew I came across an ITR manifold for a reason. Thanks for the INFO!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BEST THREAD IN A LONG TIME. Awesome man! thanks for sharing. this really answers some important questions to me. REALLY surprised the ported ITR dominated. Will be looking forward to see how your car reacts to a Bisi header.

thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice test...and the pictures work..every old test the pics dont work but one question wouldnt the AIR cf in a real life track hold the power better since it wont heat up as much as the ported itr? also who does cnc porting for the itr?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good results. Thanks for sharing! Real tech = priceless.

Like others, I'm interested to hear what kind of work was done to the ITR intake.

Also, you never mentioned what you're using to tune. Was the car tuned for each mod?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for taking the time to do this great results
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting test. We ran a hand ported Performer X, VictorX, and TypeR. Ended up with the type R. Jenvey ITB's beat them all, but they were not mine. Your test matched mine.Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Scott @ Kinsler, i'll definitely give you a shout tomorrow.

The tuning was done on e85 w/ ID 725cc injectors on an s300. The manifold was chopped open, cnc'd like a **** then welding back together. Im unsure on who still offers that...if they even do.

My customer is trying to raise money to get some manifolds going. So within the next week i'll hopefully have an idea of what I/M we will test next along with what header we might be ordering.

On top of all else if i dont find any info on the modified PerfX, im about to chop one up and do it myself. And seeing as we had good response to this test....for sure i'll post up the results.

Mikey
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MikeySpec
Scott @ Kinsler, i'll definitely give you a shout tomorrow.

The tuning was done on e85 w/ ID 725cc injectors on an s300. The manifold was chopped open, cnc'd like a **** then welding back together. Im unsure on who still offers that...if they even do.

My customer is trying to raise money to get some manifolds going. So within the next week i'll hopefully have an idea of what I/M we will test next along with what header we might be ordering.

On top of all else if i dont find any info on the modified PerfX, im about to chop one up and do it myself. And seeing as we had good response to this test....for sure i'll post up the results.

Mikey

who did the cnc port work on the itr manifold?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

goddamn awesome thread
Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 092eg6
who did the cnc port work on the itr manifold?

unsure....definitely someone in SoCal. R&D dyno perhaps? Its been a while...like 4-5 years ago while. I got it from RAGE before chris and jason reformed whitfield racing.

Quick Reply: ProFunction Presents Bseries Intake Manifold Tests Version 2.0(L) Endyn Edelbrock ITR