Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

what pulley is this and how to change it??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what pulley is this and how to change it??

Ok sorry for all the small questions but...a friend has a 96 accord ex...the outter belt came off...the only thing that holded the belt was two pulleys...the top pulley i thinkg is the power steering pump pulley....so my question is what is the bottom pully called/its purpose/how do i change it/prob to look out for/ and any special tool i need?thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what pulley is this and how to change it?? (TSAEB)

It's the crank pulley, no special tools needed to get it off, besides the fact that the bolt may be hard to get loose. But why do you need to take the pulley off if all you're gonna do is change the P/S belt? No need for that, there is a tension adjustment on the P/S pump.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 AM

Default Re: what pulley is this and how to change it?? (Pondus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pondus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's the crank pulley, no special tools needed to get it off, besides the fact that the bolt may be hard to get loose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quite possibly the understatement of the year. You'll need about a 800lb/ft impact wrench and/or ~8ft breaker bar w/the pulley tool.

But as previously stated, you don't need to remove the pulley to put on a freakin belt. Get a helms and read up