Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (all-mtr-teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all-mtr-teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just hate v8 drivers around here cause they don't give imports any respect, i worked at autozone for a few years and these punk *** v8 drivers w/ nothing more than an exhaust system and k&n intake talk so much trash and pipe on N/A hondas and nissans like they've done so much to their cars, but won't do crap when im driving my brothers turboed bug. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't drive my car to please others. I drive it because it makes me happy. Who cares what others say/do? My life isn't about them..
Old 03-07-2007, 03:59 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (all-mtr-teg)

your getting butthurt over nothing. most of those V8 guys dont have fast cars. they think they are fast because of the "torque" they produce. it fools the *** dyno. another misconception ive seen is that hondas cant get traction because they are FWD. when my car was streetable i never lost a streetrace to anybody (v8, turbo 4 etc) and when i did race people i never lost at the dig. just some food for thought.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (1 2 NV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 2 NV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> another misconception ive seen is that hondas cant get traction because they are FWD. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It certainly doesn't help things considering the weight transfer off the drive wheels. No doubt about it, RWD gets better traction off the line. Doesn't mean an FWD car can't hang, but you can't say RWD isn't better for off the line traction.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (Hybrid93Eg)

at the track on slicks RWD for sure. street tires anywhere else id say a FWD is just as good as a RWD.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:57 PM

The majority of the last two pages were entirely off topic.
Remember peeps "Ls crank and rods in a GSR Block?"
Old 03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sh*t 15sec sounds like 15 second after waking up on the wrong side of the rock.....(caveman style)
Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4max)

84mm gsr block w/ ls crank = what size displacement?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (kevinz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kevinz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">84mm gsr block w/ ls crank = what size displacement?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.zealautowerks.com
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: down the street,bythe river in the van, co, united states

so quick question if you bend back the oil squirters does it affect anything? i am planning on doing this and got wiseco pistons and eagle ls rods and ls bearings will i be ok doing this type of crank swap? can i just plug the oil squirters like just weld them shut or how would you eliminate the oil squirters thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (99hondacura)

just buy the golden eagle oil squirter block off kit.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do i get the oil squirter block off kit anyone got any info on this kit anymoreinfo is greatly appreciated thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Not to be confused with "THE MAN"

Default Re: (99hondacura)

In the works of doing a LS crank and rods with ITR pistons in my roomates GSR right now.

You can VERY CAREFULLY bend the oil squirters down and out of the way. We have done this before. Gotta go down then, re aim the tip so it hits the piston not the sleeve.

Or the plug kit. which is herehttp://www.accountwizard.com/c...d=337
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 PM

here is what i got out of this thread-

15sec is a fool.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (15sec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 15sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lmfao big ****** deal i missed the block being already tapped 4 the oil aswell the block girdle aswell sumthing all ya ******** 4got the OIL COOLER system where the oil filter goes but wateva so all u guys agree makin a gsr basically into a LS is smart when in reality its pointless might aswell buy a ls and be happy run the damn oil line...wateva man i refuse 2 argue honda tech knows it all o and by the way...and im in the process of buildin my own **** which will GUARENTEEEED get ets of high 11s low 12s ******* and I BUILT IT MY SELF so ask questions before u assume **** ...but wait thats all hondatech does voice opinions without hands on expierence im leaving this thread alone its pointless....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually Endyn and a few others run the external oil line on Vtec head/block combos. Not just for the Ls/Vtec combo. The reason for this is that the extra flow of oil keeps the Valvetrain cooler. And cooler motors run better. Also ensures that at real high rpm's that nothing loses it's coating of oil and gets scorched. You can keep the squirters to it just takes a little bit of finesse. Go read what Endyn wrote up if you don't believe me. http://theoldone.com/component...t.htm

By the way your spelling and punctuation is horrid.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I began assembling my motor today, and i don't see how a stock ls crank can run in the gsr block by just bending the squirters. The counterweight on the crank hits the oil squirter right at its base. So if anyone has any pics of how the "bending" goes, that would be great. I am considering having the crank machined to clear the squirters. I want to retain them beacuse this is going to be a daily driven car that gets driven pretty hard. Any other pics or suggertions would be great. I will take pics as i go along on the build if anyone is interested. Maybe we can finally settle this whole ls crank/rods in gsr block debate.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree with 9t4fodo! pics would help
Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 PM

I'll take some tomm afternoon.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THE GUY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THE GUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll take some tomm afternoon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey john...u r ghey...lol

naw..please get us pics.. cus we are stumped on how to bend em...thanks dude!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (9t4fodo)

Did you have your crank balanced if so, how much? Im wanna do the same this summer to my gsr but i wanna know everything that has to or should be done before i start tearing down my block.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:47 AM

Ok, I am looking to do this build. I want to run the LS crank, with forged LS rods, along with forged ITR pistons, how would this run??? I am afraid of valve clearances, as well as would I be able to run a stock GSR ECU on this setup, at least until I can get it tuned, or would timing be an issue??? Any help in this issue would be great..... Also you guys are saying running an external oil line is a good deal, how about if I run the oil squirters as well as the external oil line, is there a such things as too much oil flow in both the top end as well as the lower end???
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 2 NV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at the track on slicks RWD for sure. street tires anywhere else id say a FWD is just as good as a RWD.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just as good? Give me a break. My GSR at 400 WHP blows the snot out of Azenis on the street through third gear. My Corvette will stick second gear going WOT making 550 RWHP without any spray on thin sidewall 18" pilot sports. I had a Mustang with a 306 and a T74 and because of the way power came on it would basically dead hook at 730 RWHP on really crappy sumitomo HTR's on the street. Have you ever driven a 450+ WHP FWD honda on the street? 650 WHP in my buddies full weight EK coupe will spin 5th gear on 225/50/15 BFG radials. My current mustang running 275/40/17 nitto 555R's will hookup by about 100 MPH when it's making a little over 900 RWHP.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 AM

I had my whole rotating mass balanced. Rods/ pistons, crank spun and micro polished. And he did the flywheel and clutch assembly also. I don't know for a shop around you but my machine shop does mine for $125, but I keep motors in there all the time so he hooks me up Charging my camera now so I can get a pic of the squirters for you guys.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (boosted92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just as good? Give me a break. My GSR at 400 WHP blows the snot out of Azenis on the street through third gear. My Corvette will stick second gear going WOT making 550 RWHP without any spray on thin sidewall 18" pilot sports. I had a Mustang with a 306 and a T74 and because of the way power came on it would basically dead hook at 730 RWHP on really crappy sumitomo HTR's on the street. Have you ever driven a 450+ WHP FWD honda on the street? 650 WHP in my buddies full weight EK coupe will spin 5th gear on 225/50/15 BFG radials. My current mustang running 275/40/17 nitto 555R's will hookup by about 100 MPH when it's making a little over 900 RWHP.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 Weight transfer is a bitch for fwd cars. Why do you think so much attention is put into wheelie bars and putting weight on the front of the car? He must not have enough torque.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (boosted92)

last time i checked this was the NA forum and last time i checked there were no FWD NA hondas making 450WHP.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Ok, i took a better look at my setup. I pulled the crank, heated up the squirters with a torch and tapped them lightly with a hammer and they bent right out of the way of the counter weights of the crank. once i get my pistons put on the rods i'll check the clearences there and give an update. I'll get pics if anyone wants them.

Quick Reply: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? Is it possible?