All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? Is it possible?

Old 12-27-2014, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? Is it possible?

Any updates on this?
Old 02-02-2019, 01:06 AM
Trial User

Default Re: LS crank and rods in a GSR Block? (15sec)

Originally Posted by all-mtr-teg View Post
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 15sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well all u really doin is make a Gsr a LS..that all............its pointless might aswell buy a LS block and use that cuz gettin a gsr and puttin everything ls is kinda stupid...cuz ur not gainin nothin but the torque of a ls...</TD></TR></TABLE>

So more torque is bad? why is that? Is it because you won't be able to rev as high as you could with a gsr crank? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm actually trying to learn the benefits of performing the mod.
A gsr block is very different. Itís not just turning a gsr block into a ls. A gsr is the only b series block toncome with the crank girdle. A gsr block is safer to handle more power. It can handle more rpm safely. Itís the best way to go