Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

LOOK WHAT I GOT.....1.9L ls/vtec..crower stage 3 cams...need advice what to do....

Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOK WHAT I GOT.....1.9L ls/vtec..crower stage 3 cams...need advice what to do....

ok fellow H-T allmotor heads...i need some pro advice on my motor.

background on the how i got the motor...

my good friend had his motor built down in some shop in Philly. the motor was in his hatch, never ran it at the track...i drove it, it felt good and pulled hard all the way to reline..his car got in an accident.. we dropped it it several other chassis eg hatch, coupe, DC teg..blah blah blah...he sold the motor in a 2 door teg..never saw it till about a year ago....kid needed work done to it...herd i had wrench time on the car....long story short..kid owned money to me, so i got the motor for the cost of and LS to have him a runnin' car, and no $$$ own'd to me...NOW i have to tare it down and figure what i got....

the motor specs as fare as i know...so far...

HEAD

PR3 stamp obd0 b16head (can tell by the cam oil bars)

good:
crower stage 3 cams
crower Ti retainers and dual valve springs
LOOKS ported head??
valves look stock (and burt, kid was running 87 oct)

bad:
stock b16 obd0 intake manifold
b16 throttle body
stock (looking at lease) injectors

BLOCK:

B18b block base.

good:
sleeved(i and pretty sure. looks like some block guards but has beefy cylinder walls)
83mm bore
forged pistons (looks like a loose setup for less resistance, and a semi dome piston)
forged Rods (need to figure length, don't wanta be reving a long rod motor)
stock looking crank LS (i believe)

bad:
it had stock gsr head bolts
head gasket didnt look very pretty
a lil dirty..lol

statement:
this motor isnt my first walk around the block (no pun), i have build some lsvtecs and have rebuild some b16's and a d16...i know my **** when it come to the basics but now i am in the "big boys" league...when this motor was running it sounded like a tank...

QUESTIONS
i know as soon as i can get pics up i will...they will help u guys help me

1.what kinda numbers will i get with this setup, i know its all about the tune and it can make or brake any build..200whp...210whp?

2.need to figure exact specs of the motor what tools will help in this and where to buy...plus need good formulas....i know its a 1.9l assuming the 89mm stroke of a ls crank.

3.what can i rev this motor to when all done, i've been in the car and seen it go to 9500 a few times....

4.header options....a few not just the mint-o-pinto Baller headers either ...GOOD..BETTER and BEST..options

5.i am going the run my 65mm throttle body for now. with my ITR manifold...with my whale ***** "fake j's" intake what might i want to consider in the future...

PLAN of ATTACK

-freshing up the motor new seals and gaskets, rings seem find i was getting 205psi on the compression test and that was on a cold motor

-new valves the old ones and carbon'd up...lol should keep them in high compression ratio lol....

-exhaust? what size...cars not going to be my daily driver i got a four door

-bigger injectors 310? 370?

-and TUNE TUNE TUNE.....how should i go about tunning..buy a wide ban setup and i was thinking about Crome sense I've heard good things with it and have lots of base maps for it.

the motor is going in my 95 VX hatch hoping to hit high 12's and make fun of the local 5.0L's overall...thanks for your time..and hopfully everyone give useful infomation
Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bumpppp

Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: (punkracer)

bump for a friend
Old 07-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF 150+ views and NO INPUT.......come on guys is it true what people say "honda-tech, has no tech"

i know allmotor setups are hush hush and **** but can someone plsssss at lease PM me about it.....

thanks BKholder for the bump.....we will get the B20 swap done today...
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 AM

all motor isn't hush hush, its what works.. your basically asking us to build your motor when ls/vtec has been covered a 384478 times. Search ls/vtec or lsvtec i'm sure u'll get your answer, 310's are fine for your setup just tune your setup is basic and will make power..nobody knows how much.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: LOOK WHAT I GOT.....1.9L ls/vtec..crower stage 3 cams...need advice what to do.... (punkracer)

I'll even help you out

QUESTIONS
i know as soon as i can get pics up i will...they will help u guys help me

1.what kinda numbers will i get with this setup, i know its all about the tune and it can make or brake any build..200whp...210whp?
180~700 depends on the health of the motor, and the tune.

2.need to figure exact specs of the motor what tools will help in this and where to buy...plus need good formulas....i know its a 1.9l assuming the 89mm stroke of a ls crank.

3.what can i rev this motor to when all done, i've been in the car and seen it go to 9500 a few times....
doesn't mean its made for it. Forge rods or not, watch the rod to stroke ratio. i'm sure seeing your running crower stage 3's 8500~9k is fiesable.. reving to 9500 to be cool is just a blind factor.

4.header options....a few not just the mint-o-pinto Baller headers either ...GOOD..BETTER and BEST..options
Custom header is your best bet, smsp/rmf/profab etc etc.

5.i am going the run my 65mm throttle body for now. with my ITR manifold...with my whale ***** "fake j's" intake what might i want to consider in the future...
Dont waste your money on this whale **** crap it doesn't make power.. vs a standard aem cai you will make about 6 whp less then a aem cold air, get a short ram with a V-stack.

PLAN of ATTACK

-freshing up the motor new seals and gaskets, rings seem find i was getting 205psi on the compression test and that was on a cold motor

-new valves the old ones and carbon'd up...lol should keep them in high compression ratio lol....

-exhaust? what size...cars not going to be my daily driver i got a four door
2.5''+ exhaust

W/e u want bigger always leaves room for improvement
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all motor isn't hush hush, its what works.. your basically asking us to build your motor when ls/vtec has been covered a 384478 times. Search ls/vtec or lsvtec i'm sure u'll get your answer, 310's are fine for your setup just tune your setup is basic and will make power..nobody knows how much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont want u to build it....its already built....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll even help you out

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok what would be a safe REV if its a stock LS rod length....
Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all motor isn't hush hush, its what works.. your basically asking us to build your motor when ls/vtec has been covered a 384478 times. Search ls/vtec or lsvtec i'm sure u'll get your answer, 310's are fine for your setup just tune your setup is basic and will make power..nobody knows how much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont want u to build it....its already built....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll even help you out

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok what would be a safe REV if its a stock LS rod length....
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

love of god would somebody help this kid out he actually has some legit questions in need of answering...I know I can't answer them but someone here can!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: (FERIOkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FERIOkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">love of god would somebody help this kid out he actually has some legit questions in need of answering...I know I can't answer them but someone here can!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of legit questions are you talking about? Are your referring to the “what kinda numbers will i get with this setup?” OR "What’s a safe rev?”
My answer would be at least 300whp and rev her to the moon, TO THE MOON!
Seriously though, if he’s asking questions like that and expecting people to answers…
never mind, Ill be nice and end it at that..
Good luck with your build.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (ToeJam)

so heres my take since i just hit 200 miles on my ls/vtec.

personally, i wouldnt rev more than 8 or 85. but with forged rods, if you put in some arp rod bolts and head studs you could prolly do 9. just think like you have an ls basically. which i believe limits at about 8k.

intake wise i would look at something like the aem 3 inch hybrid one. ive heard good things.

exhaust would be good at 2.5, most likely no need to go 3 inch.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Trial User

Default Re: LOOK WHAT I GOT.....1.9L ls/vtec..crower stage 3 cams...need advice what to do...

You should do 440cc injectors or 550cc on a built ls vtec cause i had my lsvtec reving to 8500 all the time no problem now am building it and am gonna be all motor running a 14.0 compression with e85 gas and reving to 10k the head will be fully built dont worrie about rods unless ur gonna boost it they can hang all motor use arp rod bolts and type r oil pump with pistons and u should be good to go acl bearing wont be needed unless urs are really damaged
Old 04-23-2014, 06:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: LOOK WHAT I GOT.....1.9L ls/vtec..crower stage 3 cams...need advice what to do...

Did you look at the date of the thread hero?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just so you know the last post before yours was in 2007...

^^^ beat me to it. hehe