Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (FST GSR 1)

How about insight from someone who's "actually tuned and ran daily with itbs"..

If you have the money to do it right, reguardless of the brand you get.. because you will run into problems with w/e brand you get.. then yes its very possible to have a good daily driver.
I ran the TWM's 50mm on my itr, I ported them out myself, i had some mishaps but it was nothing a carb sync tool couldn't fix. I've been tuning for over 8 years now and to be honest.. If you can street tune you can do this.. Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be.. specially if you know your motor..
I had good vaccum box setup, and a good take on what it needed.. Basemap was easy.. Tuning was fun.. Vtec sounded like a gun.. I swapped it out because i wasn't too please with the top end.. it felt sluggish around 9.. Midrange was hugeeeeeeeeeee it'd spin the tires in any 1/2/3 gears no matter where i was..

But if you wanna go fast.. w/o headaches.. then i'd suggest looking into a better induction setup because if your asking question your obviously not ready..

I went with a pX manifold setup with a Vstack.. Same results as the ITBS.. + more.. top end is more sicker then ever, and couldn't be happier.. they were fun but i went with what made "more" power.. rather then looked good.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (Hood4real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hood4real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Motor will be a turn key crate motor that will consist of a B16a Block/crank fully balanced and Blueprinted, GSR Head w/******Stage4 port/polish 13.0:1 Compression, Wiseco Pistons, Skunk2 Pro2+Cams, Supertech Springs Crower Steel Retainers, Rage Header, Honda s300, And a moroso 5.5 oil pan. Gaurantee 220 with dyno sheet For $7000.

I will also add on top of that a mugen thermostat and fan switch,and peformance filter, cusco catch can, Aem fuel rail and pressure regulator and possiblely ITB's

Apex n1 exaust tein ss dampers already on the car
Dont really want to say who im getting it from but trust me if you know anything about honda then you heard of them, cause at this price I can afford to build a nice little street car, I paid more than this in 1999 for my type-r motor and trans and since the car is a integra I will not need any mount kits or tranny swaps everything will bolt right in with the exeption of a few wires. Hope that gives a better Idea of what im doing and the diriectin im goin in </TD></TR></TABLE>

this pic is from kingmotorsports.com thats prolly why they are charging 7k for it
Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
STAR

Just buy my engine for 4500, seriously, do it.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (hotrod99)

Its nice when kingmotor sports is not to far away from my home. they back there **** up but its crazy expensive.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

7g and your gettin rage headers. damn that hurts
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
STAR

Default Re: (allmotorek4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorek4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7g and your gettin rage headers. damn that hurts </TD></TR></TABLE>

He could just buy my engine for way less and make more whp but he won't listen.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM

i have a genie in a lamp for 3gs he can make the magic happen
Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (gibsanez)

all i have to say is he is bullshitten unless he can afford 6.99 a gallon for c12 or c10 on a daily driven car with 13.0.1 comprssion ratio i call bullshit my self
Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (f@sth@tch89)

I want this because of the reliablility of a motor since it will be built by professionals plus I dont know about every one else but I would rather have something that I know that work rather than pay somebody to build a motor from parts that may not work together plus having a motor that powerful from a 1.6 liter to me would be great, I could get a k series motor but I am more fimiliar with the b series and not to mention the extra weight of those motors, and at 22o Hp that right up there with some of the k series I have seen even though I have seen some get 250+HP from a k series but 22 is not that far off, and I can use the tranny, harness, axels, power steering pump and Ac equipment from the car I allready have why buy all new stuff when I can use my stock parts,plus I want I what not what yall say I should have this is not going to be a race car this is a street car that will be a cheap alternative to a new car that will have all NEW parts in the motor. Do I tastes a little hateraid DAM!, I thought it was good to be different. Also since I can afford to buy it I will dont get mad cause yall cant, Plus I have been around the hoda scene for a while I am well aware what can be done with a motor. Not to mention I asked about ITB's not how to build a motor out of what. And I am almost positive not of these so called motors yall are talking about will have a warrenty or a 9500 rmp either. And to make it worst I am new on here I can only post 5 times in a 24 hour period and I wasted all my post explaining to yall what im going to get instead of finding out a little more about a part im not to fimilair with THANKS GUYS, for a good waste of time, thats not helping out at all
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hood4real)

Plus I never said it make that amount of power king motorsport does the power is not important its the fact the is an all brand new motor that hasnt been ragged on by everybody who had it in there car before I got it, and mabey 7000 is expensive to some but you would spend more buying a new car unless it a hydai or a kia or something stupid, not to mention more than likly no one else will have this and now after hearing yall tell me what I should have or what you or somebody else has I am definatly going to get it cause I like haveing stuff no one else does which is the reason I didnt want to say where it was coming from, cause some of yall hating and you will type how much I suck or how bullshit I am but some of yall know yall want a 220 hp b16 but go right ahead and do what everybody else is doing thats why the import scene is kinda gay now cause everybody just copies what others are alreadydoing. I like standing alone im a man and I follow no one I am a man who can stand on my own two I dont what to be a copycat nothing is worst than a BITTER. Plus I would rather buy an expensive motor than no one else will have buit buy PROFESSIONALS then build a motor from parts that someone from a forum prolly just read and prolly doesnt even know if it even works. Yes I will have to put in high octane gas but I allready do anyway plus since the car already has a b series in it it will be a breeze to install, insteady of peicing possible junk together that prolly wont work anyway
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once read a statement that I firmly believe in.

If you have to come on to honda-tech to ask if the masses think that ITBs can be daily driven, you probably shouldn't be considering them as an option.

I'm not going to assume i know you by anymeans, but if you are the type of person to spend 7k on a 220hp motor just because it is simpler and has a warranty, then you probably arent the type of person to be under the hood adjusting and trying to get ITBs to run right on a daily driver.

my $.02
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to mention I could say yall are lyers and bullshiter's cause Instead of answering the questions I have yall would rather jump off subject, and if you dont know the answers to what im asking then dont say nuffin at all. And since yall are some experts why not answer the question??? Wait I do know why yall didnt answer the questions Yall dont know????? and since yall dont know dont say anything I feel like Im in a chat room full of 13 year old little girls. And ten years from now long after that crap yall have falls apart an blows up I will still have my same car that will be nothing like what yall have. Who cares if I could have 2.0 liters or make more power from this and that. This is what I will be driving everyday not what i will be driving only at the track. THIS HAS BEEN THE SINGLE MOST WASTE OF TIME EVERY TRING TO GET ANSWERS FROM YALL.

P.S. I guess the guys and king motorsports which are professionals dont know what they are talking about and yall do
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

I was asking some questions On somethin I can admit I dont know to mush about but it cant be to hard its basically like haveing 4 smaller throttle bodies instead of a 50, 60, or bigger single one, even though collectively there are bigger I figure it was somebody onhere who may have some experience using them, and since you dont know me do assume that I cant do it, not to metion anybody can install a intake maifold in no time so if it didnt work I could always put a regular or aftermarket manifold back on and I might really just want to put them on and be able to drive the car like it is to a show like it is instead uf using a traler or tow truck to get to shows. The only reason I even asked is that I heard people have been having problems with there idle ifter haveing ITB's and I know with the right timing, correct injector size, and air/fuel, ratio it can run good but I was hoping that someone who runs them would have some tricks or knowlede of ITB's would answer but since yall dont stop wasting my time and yours telling me whay I know should have or what I should buy, Not to mention if this setup doesnt work or isnt possible I can sell it, motor, ITB's or the whole thing, and im sure some of you would be the first to put in there offer in after saying that its not possoble or not a good Idea, LMAO
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
King of the One Liners

You know what man, your initial post was about in line with the responses you got.

You basically said - oh i am spending 7 grand on this motor that is gauranteed to make 220 hp and it will be in my street car. I dont care about speed because i already have a turbo car and i have the money so why not. I want to put itbs on it but not sure about it.

I'll tell you what. . .

IF YOU REALLY ARE SPENDING 7 GRAND ON THE MOTOR, THEN WHY DONT YOU ASK THE DAMN PEOPLE WHO ARE BUILDING IT INSTEAD OF COMING OFF LIKE A POMPUS ***** ASKING RANDOM PEOPLE ON HT . . .
Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
King of the One Liners

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hood4real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was asking some questions On somethin I can admit I dont know to mush about but it cant be to hard its basically like haveing 4 smaller throttle bodies instead of a 50, 60, or bigger single one, even though collectively there are bigger I figure it was somebody onhere who may have some experience using them, and since you dont know me do assume that I cant do it, not to metion anybody can install a intake maifold in no time so if it didnt work I could always put a regular or aftermarket manifold back on and I might really just want to put them on and be able to drive the car like it is to a show like it is instead uf using a traler or tow truck to get to shows. The only reason I even asked is that I heard people have been having problems with there idle ifter haveing ITB's and I know with the right timing, correct injector size, and air/fuel, ratio it can run good but I was hoping that someone who runs them would have some tricks or knowlede of ITB's would answer but since yall dont stop wasting my time and yours telling me whay I know should have or what I should buy, Not to mention if this setup doesnt work or isnt possible I can sell it, motor, ITB's or the whole thing, and im sure some of you would be the first to put in there offer in after saying that its not possoble or not a good Idea, LMAO</TD></TR></TABLE>

All you did with this post was further solidify my initial response.
" Anyone can put on an intake manifold"
Yea go slap ITBs on and see how well they work.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And since Im new on here and I have wasted my 5 post for today, without and help or anybody who really knows what they are talking about, or anybody who can actually stay on topic I will say this, Keep the hating to yourself. Do yall realize that, its actually easyer and not a waste of my time yours and others, not to type anything, especiallly when your not helping or answering the question???????????????, any adult knows that if you dont sit at a table that you are not bringing anything to, which might be the problem right there im not dealing with adults or professionals, Im dealing with children, and internet geeks who prolly just reapeat what they se and here on the cpu

When some one who know's what they are talking about, or actually knows about ITB's has a real answer Holla at me I will be waiting patiently. But I guess theus will be another day of wasted time talking to copycat wannabee's. THanks GUYS for two strait day of a big waste of time I really needed that, Just like I need a hole in the head after reading what yall typed Im starting to remember why I dont do forums or ask others **** in the fiirst place. I wait I do know cause I usally figure it out for myself. Thank Guys you been a big help. I have a headache all a sudden im going to go lay down now
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
King of the One Liners

I answered your question.

Maybe you should spend some of that money on furthering your education in order to comprehend the english language and the art of conversing with your fellow man.

From your statements I would recommend you do not go with ITBs because from what you have clearly shown, you do not have the knowledge/skill to make them work correctly. If this is un true then you have clearly not made it seem other wise.

and once again , since apparrently reading still owns you . . .

ASK THE PEOPLE WHO YOU ARE SPENDING A RIDICULOUS/NO ROI , AMOUNT OF MONEY WITH . SEEMS THEY MIGHT BE THE BEST PLACE TO START

If that doesnt make it clear then send me over your email address, I will write it in finger paint on the wall for you. Maybe that will help
Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

I think your NUTS dude, <U>I can buy a 00' integra GSR less than 100k miles for 7 grand</U> . OMG

Modified by h8ted ek at 10:57 PM 7/29/2008
Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hood4real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And since Im new on here and I have wasted my 5 post for today, without and help or anybody who really knows what they are talking about, or anybody who can actually stay on topic I will say this, Keep the hating to yourself. Do yall realize that, its actually easyer and not a waste of my time yours and others, not to type anything, especiallly when your not helping or answering the question???????????????, any adult knows that if you dont sit at a table that you are not bringing anything to, which might be the problem right there im not dealing with adults or professionals, Im dealing with children, and internet geeks who prolly just reapeat what they se and here on the cpu

When some one who know's what they are talking about, or actually knows about ITB's has a real answer Holla at me I will be waiting patiently. But I guess theus will be another day of wasted time talking to copycat wannabee's. THanks GUYS for two strait day of a big waste of time I really needed that, Just like I need a hole in the head after reading what yall typed Im starting to remember why I dont do forums or ask others **** in the fiirst place. I wait I do know cause I usally figure it out for myself. Thank Guys you been a big help. I have a headache all a sudden im going to go lay down now</TD></TR></TABLE>

You obviously have not done the following..

1) Read my reply..
2) Searched " ITBS " in the all motor forum..
3) Graduated from 3rd grade grammer.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boyz in da hood 4 realz HAHAH

nuff said... LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (d15Beta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15Beta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boyz in da hood 4 realz HAHAH

nuff said... LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EHondaD6)

watch out, baltimore is bunch of rough neck ppl.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 PM
STAR

Dude, just buy my engine, 5k delivered to your door in baltimore.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 PM
STAR

Default Re: (h8ted ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h8ted ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">watch out, baltimore is bunch of rough neck ppl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Baltimore, Maryland = Bodymore, Murdaland.

This guy be riding da MTA buses to "the block" err night son.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I missed this somewhere in the thread, sorry, but what is the torque spec on this engine?

Quick Reply: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how