Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Intake manifold test results on a 1.8L Edelbrock ITR IBspec Take a look! -Revised

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intake manifold test results on a 1.8L Edelbrock ITR IBspec Take a look! -Revised

Originally Posted by MikeySpec
All the while small companies who provide testing info go broke.
Ah good point, you are right. I just provided the link as a better place to buy then the ebay links in this thread. Ive bought a few things from them before.

MikeySpec and BearsEK is who should get our money though. They are providing all of this info for us and the reason everyone now wants a px again.

Profunction Auto
King Motorsports
Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake manifold test results on a 1.8L Edelbrock ITR IBspec Take a look! -Revised

nice work guys. I'm glad I picked up the Px manifold...for my b20vtec
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"This is an old test from a few years back(early to mid 07), i lost the files a while back and took the time to dig them back out and rehost them. I've since updated a little bit on the thread as well"

In the past couple weeks we have had the opportunity to test different intake manifolds on our 1.8L daily driven project.Our tested items were
a stock itr manifold, IBspec ITR manifold, Edelbrock VictorX, and the Edelbrock performerX. The setup on our car is very simple but has proven
to be very effective. It sees roughly about 450 miles a week and runs on nothing but 93octane.

B18c1 block with CTR pistons on gsr rods
All honda bearings,seals,pumps,and belts
pr3 head with portflow standard headwork
Full omnipower valvetrain set
Blox Type 3 cams with skunk2 cam gears
Spark racing long tube header
RSR gt2 exhaust
Buddy club headgasket
Reused over and over thermal intake gasket
professional products 68mm throttle body
Tuned on Crome pro

For each test we just wanted to see what will perform best and give us the best overall powerband for our benefit. We used the same aem 3 inch cold air
for everytest and tuned air fuels and timing accordingly. The only things modified on each manifold was the throttle body opening. We just portmatched
to 68mm to accept our throttle body. All runs are on 93octane and through the exhaust.

Here is our first initial runs with the untouched ITR intake manifold.

We went for our first trip to the track with this 202whp setup. We went 12.6@107.

Then we moved on to the IBspec ITR manifold. For those not familiar with it, it is and oem ITR manifold cut open and cnc ported on the inside.

For those curious on how the two stack up together, here is a layover of the two.

Next up was the VictorX. We already knew it was going to suck ***** on our setup. We just had to know for sure to eliminate any what ifs. It worked out so horrible that i didnt even finish out a full out tune, it wasnt even worth it. So take this chart for what you will, it just doesnt work well with our motor.

Here is a layout of the VictorX vs. the IBmanifold. It speaks for itself.

Next was the perfomerX, which ran away from everything else. Its priced right and fits like ****, but it made some power!

Here is a layout of it against the IBmanifold to give you an idea of the gains.

We went back to the track with 213whp and went home with a 12.2@112.8

As you can see we increased horsepower and torque, but the real gains are in the powerband. At 9k we have 15 more whp. We could rev the car out a little further, but we need to keep this car reliable. Its his only ride to work. We will be returning to the track this thursday in the hunt for 11s. If you noticed on our parts list that there is nothing fancy or expensive, thats not by coincidence. This was originally intended to be a simple budget build for my buddy to do hpde events with. We took it to the dragstrip out of curiousity and now are on the hunt for 11s......on an oem pieced bottom end......on pump gas.....in a true daily driven street car. WISH US LUCK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htb_wGFNa4Y

The car went as quick as 12.0 and as fast as 114mph. We never got a good dial in after making over 230whp on e85, it should've been good for 11.80's@114+. We soon after built a 2.0L setup that made a good amount of power....and then the car got stolen. Thanks ********.

Just for grief purposes, heres what our new setup(2.0) put out vs. the 1.8L setup.

Did you test the victor x and the performer x on the b20 setup?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone wants a certain manifold testing on a 2.0L.....send it to me. And i'll do it.

Or if you want it tested on a similar 1.8L that is in this thread....send me a manifold, but it has to be for a GSR head.
you gonna test the Px on a 2L? The reason I asked is that I changed my project from a build GSR to B20vtec. I currently have the Px manifold and the Blox ITR knock offs. Just wondering what kind of numbers the Px would put down.

thanks.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sanjiyan69
you gonna test the Px on a 2L? The reason I asked is that I changed my project from a build GSR to B20vtec. I currently have the Px manifold and the Blox ITR knock offs. Just wondering what kind of numbers the Px would put down.

thanks.
Really? I already posted the graph from a modded PX on a 2064cc. Do you really need a 2000cc test for your E dyno?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I fail at reading. didn't have enough coffee for this exam-filled Monday.

thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sanjiyan69
I fail at reading. didn't have enough coffee for this exam-filled Monday.

thanks for the reminder.
LOL no problem. I was on top of my H-T game early this morning.

Here is one we are working on today without the plate welded to the bottom we will see how this way works.

EDIT: Moved pics to a new thread https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/kingmotorsports-modded-performer-x-thread-2873074/

Last edited by BearsEK-KMSU; 12-14-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by BearsEK-KMSU
LOL no problem. I was on top of my H-T game early this morning.
If you, or anyone if they don't mind, could post each manifold, and the number it did on what platform, I can see the dyno sheet from my phone, ****in cheap sidekick ****
Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this thread, threads like this is the only reason why i sign into HT anymore. Good job guys!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you guys leave it like this or port it to match the runners?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The pics posted are in chronological order. This manifold is being modified as we speak. They are by no means finished pieces. He welded the runners on first then cut the plenum off to match the runners because the runner spacing changes when it gets shortened because of the runner angle. I will continue to post pics today. I will START A NEW THREAD now I have taken too much time on Mikey's thread and I haven't heard from him via telephone so I am not sure if he is ready to shoot me.....
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Love to see a shoot-out with a tapered plenum - JUN.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Johnny_9
Love to see a shoot-out with a tapered plenum - JUN.
JUN manifolds are extremely rare. Are they even manufactured for the B series anymore?

Just happened to have this picture laying around.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by 94VTEC2TONE; 04-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

que?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome thread! so on my b20vtec set up i would be best of with the px or its right?t if so would it be beneficial to get the skunk2 because its supposed to be a slightly better version of the itr right?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OH_1fstgsr
JUN manifolds are extremely rare. Are they even manufactured for the B series anymore?

Just happened to have this picture laying around.
wow, i've never seen a JUN IM cut away before. that looks pretty sweet. are there any in USA?

ps, thanks mikey for this test. great job as always.

Last edited by exgr; 02-18-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by exgr
wow, i've never seen a JUN IM before. that looks pretty sweet. are there any in USA?

ps, thanks mikey for this test. great job as always.
Isn't the new skun2 mani tapered ? I could be wrong I haven't read much into it