Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   IDLE PROBLEM!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/idle-problem-1583223/)

Tiffany_94DOHC 04-04-2006 07:07 PM

IDLE PROBLEM!!

My b16a has a major idle problem.. it surges from 1000-2000rpms.. I just had the head freshend, and put on all new gaskets.. Changed out the throttle body, still didnt make a difference.. Just replaced the IACV with a new one from Honda.. So is this a vacuum leak?? Is it a problem with the wiring??

Haleiwa-Brando 04-04-2006 10:25 PM

Re: IDLE PROBLEM!! (Tiffany_94DOHC)

Grab a can of carb cleaner and spray it on your vacuum lines. Nice and slow...a little bit at a time. If you spray on a hose connection and the car idles properly, then you found your vacuum leak.

The idle screw may need adjusting or the tension on the throttle cable.

Tiffany_94DOHC 04-05-2006 06:04 AM

Re: IDLE PROBLEM!! (Haleiwa-Brando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Grab a can of carb cleaner and spray it on your vacuum lines. Nice and slow...a little bit at a time. If you spray on a hose connection and the car idles properly, then you found your vacuum leak.

The idle screw may need adjusting or the tension on the throttle cable. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The screw and the throttle cable are fine.. but thanks ill try that..

DC2 Mang 04-05-2006 06:22 AM

it could be your fitv on the bottom of the throttle body, they always go bad

it doesnt sound like a vacuum leak because it is not holding a constant high idle

existanzcivicb20 04-05-2006 07:44 AM

Re: IDLE PROBLEM!! (JDMdc2lsVtec)

yeah the fitv take it off and check it they all ways come loose

Tiffany_94DOHC 04-06-2006 10:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMdc2lsVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it could be your fitv on the bottom of the throttle body, they always go bad

it doesnt sound like a vacuum leak because it is not holding a constant high idle</TD></TR></TABLE>

is the fitv connected to the TB itself.. cus if it is.. i did change it.. i changed out my TB with another one.. still had the problem..

DC2 Mang 04-06-2006 10:49 AM

check your idle screw, and air temperature sensor, you could have gotten a TB with another messed up fitv, they break all the time

Tiffany_94DOHC 04-06-2006 11:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMdc2lsVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check your idle screw, and air temperature sensor, you could have gotten a TB with another messed up fitv, they break all the time</TD></TR></TABLE>

We put on my friends TB. Its fine in his car.. but wen we put it on mines.. the car still surged.. but it mite of been because of the IACV.. well try it again since i got the new IACV.. ill let u guys kno once i find out more.. thanks

DC2 Mang 04-06-2006 01:21 PM

when the car is on unplug the iacv and see if there is any change in the idle, if not it is probably the iacv, or a short in the wire that run to it

Tiffany_94DOHC 04-06-2006 09:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMdc2lsVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when the car is on unplug the iacv and see if there is any change in the idle, if not it is probably the iacv, or a short in the wire that run to it</TD></TR></TABLE>
I didnt even think 'bout the wire .. when i stil had the old IACV on the car, we did take it off and the idle didnt surge, it still was high only cus we didnt adjust it.. And since i gota new IACV it probly is the wire.. I hope this works.. let u kno if it doesnt.

DC2 Mang 04-08-2006 12:47 AM

yea, if it is the wire you should throw a CEL unless you have a chipped ecu that doesnt use the iavc

i always just the my iacv's and blas the shit out of them with carb cleaner to get them clean

also try cleaning out the fitv because that might be clogged or not screwed in properly

those 2 things always go bad and cuase your car to idle like crap