Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   help deleting the big charcoal/ Vapor Canister box (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/help-deleting-big-charcoal-vapor-canister-box-2924843/)

cleansi 04-18-2011 05:52 AM

help deleting the big charcoal/ Vapor Canister box

1 Attachment(s)
as the topic says im trying to delete the canister because im not using a couple of the sensors any more and to clean my bay up can any one help me out with the correct procedures or have a good link thanks btw i believe its this one the car is a 00 em1

Mr. EG 04-18-2011 09:42 AM

Re: help deleting the big charcoal/ Vapor Canister box

I just cut the hardline back so it is routed under my car and deleted the atmospheric "dump" that is routed under the passenger side firewall. Use your immagination.

94VTEC2TONE 04-18-2011 09:50 AM

ya i know theres the small line from the driver side that comes off wth a hose, then theres the huge clear tube too, did you fully remove that one? i aint been under the car yet

cleansi 04-18-2011 01:23 PM

i have yet to remove any lines or the one or 2? sensors plugged in...
i have seached and came up wirth a hand full of threads but none of witch are detailed but have got some usefull info. yes i agree you kinda have to use your amagination.

i am converted to obd1 (s300) so i dont think i will pop any codes

i have the head of the car right now because im starting on my new set up and would like some advise or if any one can take a few pics of what they did i would appreciate it

cleansi 04-19-2011 06:10 AM

bump

wEaK Squad *ATL* 04-19-2011 06:20 AM

can you do this on a obd2 without any codes or emissions problems.

Mr. EG 04-19-2011 09:30 AM

I would keep everything and re-install it for your emissions test. It wont pass if you don't.

96dxB16 04-19-2011 09:33 AM

I removed mine, only concern I have is the vent for the fuel tank (hard line) and fuel coming up out of it. No issues so far but haven't had the car on dry track yet where G's will be higher.

cleansi 04-19-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. EG (Post 45104393)
I would keep everything and re-install it for your emissions test. It wont pass if you don't.

all though im in new york i dont have to do emmisions
active duty military is excempt from changing plates the car is registered and insured out of arizona so no emmisions for me lol plus its not a dd, also im just bought a rywire harness and i am welding and seam joining the bay as well as deleting a few others

cleansi 04-19-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by wEaK Squad *ATL* (Post 45103234)
can you do this on a obd2 without any codes or emissions problems.

im running an obd2 to 1 jump harness (s300) so i think im good

cleansi 04-22-2011 03:45 AM

bump for three hundred views no real help lol

canthangwitdis 04-22-2011 04:18 AM

just jerk all that shit out! simple.

BigBlock22 04-22-2011 09:19 AM

the main thing your need to do is cap off the lines coming from the intake manifold/ throttle body (there should be two). you can leave the line from the fuel tank there but like someone else mentioned, you can get rid of that pipe and have the vapors dump out by the rear of the car so you dont smell gas when driving around

94VTEC2TONE 04-22-2011 11:17 AM

i know theres one on the throttle body. i got a blox intake mani, is the 2nd one right on the back of the manifold? i forgot when i took all this shit out, didnt take pics of it

Hectorzg1 12-19-2012 03:04 PM

I was also think about deleting and heard it effect fuel mileage and passing emissions.
I have a Ek with a gsr. Do I us the civic purge or gsr. And what about canisters. There different.

PhilStubbs 12-19-2012 04:29 PM

This is being way over thought. Just rip everything out you don't want to see anymore. Obd1 won't throw any codes, just be sure to block any unused vac ports on the intake manifold. I have never gotten a cel, odd running, better or worse mpg by deleting it. Nothing changes except cleaner engine bay

gabrielsousa 01-18-2015 07:48 AM

any knows if i can remove the purge cut-off solenoid valve and connect the canister directly on intake ?