Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Gsr head using a b18c5 block - how common is this combination?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr head using a b18c5 block - how common is this combination?

Just wondering anyone on this site have this combination gsr heard, gsr intake manifold and b18c5 short block. It seems many have a similar set up with using itr pistons in b18c1 but its not the same. I currently have a rdot usdm b18c5 shortblock and plan to mate it to my gsr. I will probably get. Alot of flak for using gsr oem manifold but i have no desire to chang what makes gsr a gsr which is the intake manifold. My intake manifold was actually bored out with all the butter fly valves reshaped so i doubt a skunk too would be much better. I will also be using 01 itr camshafts and itr transmission just looking for opinions and thoughts.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Gsr head using a b18c5 block - how common is this combination?

Originally Posted by wantaitr
Just wondering anyone on this site have this combination gsr heard, gsr intake manifold and b18c5 short block. It seems many have a similar set up with using itr pistons in b18c1 but its not the same. I currently have a rdot usdm b18c5 shortblock and plan to mate it to my gsr. I will probably get. Alot of flak for using gsr oem manifold but i have no desire to chang what makes gsr a gsr which is the intake manifold. My intake manifold was actually bored out with all the butter fly valves reshaped so i doubt a skunk too would be much better. I will also be using 01 itr camshafts and itr transmission just looking for opinions and thoughts.
GSR block with ITR pistons is the same as a B18C5 block. Your compression slightly changes using a GSR head compared to a B16 or C5 head. The GSR head will work perfectly fine. Use a compression calculator online to see what your compression will be with the GSR head. I have done many many different B series combos including a GSR head on a B16 block, I currently have the same block but I sourced a DOT head to match just cause I want a true C5 crate engine. But the GSR will be just fine!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are first one to attempt this
Old 02-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by turbociv910
you are first one to attempt this
No! hes the second, I was the first hahaha!!