Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Feedback Request: Help me decide on street/circuit Camshafts for B-series VTEC

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback Request: Help me decide on street/circuit Camshafts for B-series VTEC

I just finished rebuilding my head using full supertech valvetrain. Dual Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Guides, Flat Valves with Science of Speed LMA.

I track my car and also street drive her. What's a good set of Cams that will yield good power and still offer normal drivability.

I am contemplating the Skunk2 Tuner Stage 2 Cams, Blox Stage 2 Cams, Toda A2 Cams.

Other Supporting Mods:
-Toda Rep Header
-Test Pipe
-Mugen Twinloop Exhaust
-AEM Cam Gears
-AEM Cold Air Intake with BIP Velocity Stack
-ARP Head Studs
-FIC 520cc Injectors
-Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Stock USDM B18c5 bottom end.

Is a Skunk2 Ultra Street Intake manifold and Throttle Body worth pursuing?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default re: Feedback Request: Help me decide on street/circuit Camshafts for B-series VTEC

I really like skunk2 tuner 2's, I think they would be a good choice for that size engine and compression ratio. As far as I've been told the blox b's are just a replica/knock off of them so they would probably do the same thing.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Feedback Request: Help me decide on street/circuit Camshafts for B-series VTEC

I've seen GSR's pick up decent power with a set of cams and the Ultra manifold, no reason your R shouldn't do the same
Old 12-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Feedback Request: Help me decide on street/circuit Camshafts for B-series VTEC

My current setup on Tuner 2 cams feels great, with ID1,000cc injectors it idles like stock drives like stock and pulls hard in vtec, I'm also using a Centrifugal supercharger with these cams but I love the low and mid range the engine has, I rarely get into Boost/vtec daily driving because there's enough power in the low and mid range to keep me happy driving to where im going. You wont be sorry going with Tuner 2 cams, in my research these have similar power levels as the Pro 1 cam series but less aggressive on the low cam lobes for better drivability and longevity of the rocker arms. For example the engine I had before the one I have now had a fresh Crate C5 head and had Pro 1 cams and they ate my rocker arms up in no time, Its possible the oil used had a part but I sold the engine and assembled another crate C5 engine again with a fresh crate head and block from dealership ( o miles ) but used Skunk2 Tuner 2 cams and till this day there's no wear on my rocker arms like there was with the Pro 1 camshafts.