All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Dear All Motor Regulars...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dear All Motor Regulars...

All Motor regulars,

While we do have posted rules in the All Motor forum, it doesnt hurt to review policies and some unwritten, or site wide rules.

Lately there has been quite a bit of posting thats not appropriate.

What am I referring to?

This forum, and Honda-Tech in general, is for the members to actively participate in dicussions in all things performance.

What Honda-Tech is NOT is a free-for-all advertising opportunity.

Honda-Tech is extremely expensive to maintain and operate. Honda-Tech relies on advertising to cover costs. A big portion of that revenue comes from Honda-Tech Sponsors which can be seen here:
http://web.honda-tech.com/current.php

By no means am I discouraging the discussion of new products.

What has to stop:

1) The dicussions posted on Honda-Tech, are for Honda-Tech. A Reply of "hey if you need some info about part XYZ call me at my shop, ill help you out!" is not appropriate. This is not a forum to solicite customers or gain favor by being a "help line". That phone call is private and does not help every other member who wants to read the thread about part XYZ. PM'ing a member is also not acceptable. I personally did not join Honda-Tech 5 years ago hoping to be PM'd by vendors looking to get my business, and no one should have to deal with that.

2) There is no need to bump threads. This is not a "for sale" forum. If a thread is not interesting enough to stay active and at the top of the first page, then there is a reason for that. It does not need to be bumped. If someone wants to read about it, thats why we have a search feature and a Watched Topics list.

3) Stop linking to your personal For Sale ads in replies to questions. If someone asks a question "hey i have that for sale! click here!" is not an appropriate answer. Put it in your signature.

Violations will be handled with anything from a verbal warning either public or private, points loss, post limit or being banned in the situation requires it.

Thats all for now, feel free to post any questions

Old 02-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dear All Motor Regulars... (Nick M)

up
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Traffic signal tech

Default Re: Dear All Motor Regulars... (Nick M)

why'd u BUMP it this isnt a for sale thread LOL j/k wut about making threads with links to a for sale section?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dear All Motor Regulars... (lvcrx)

nope, leave it in your signature, no threads, it would rapidly clutter the forum