Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Bogging going lean and breaking up under light throttle why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging going lean and breaking up under light throttle why?

Hey ht i got a 97 ek with a lsv swap in it car was boosted but is now all motor and im having a leaning out and breaking up issue.. First car has cams as well as 1000cc id injectors i had car base mapped for setup but its odd because when im driving if i go to light throttle the car will lean all the way out and break up and start to jerk and buck... Then i will give alil more gas and it will jerk and be fine till i try to cruise at light throttle then same thing goes on... What can be my issue please its soo annoying to drive like this thanks in advanced.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: Bogging going lean and breaking up under light throttle why?

You probably need a tune. A basemap is just going to get the car driveable enough to get you to a tuner.

Also, if it drove well before when it was turbo on the same tune/basemap, then yet again, you need a tune. Even when youre driving in vacuum a turbo effects the engines output and the fuel map is going to be different.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As stated you NEED to get it tuned but try calibrating the TPS on Higher Values that did the trick for me.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Full_Tilt
You probably need a tune. A basemap is just going to get the car driveable enough to get you to a tuner.

Also, if it drove well before when it was turbo on the same tune/basemap, then yet again, you need a tune. Even when youre driving in vacuum a turbo effects the engines output and the fuel map is going to be different.

Yea i know i definitely need to tune it but i switched up the map due to it no longer being turbo but like the reason why i think its something else is cause i will be driving fine and then when go to cruise it will lean until i tap gas then be fine some times for 5 min then lean again and like the throttle body kind of feels like it might be getting stuck because when i hit gas its alil stiff the pedal until i get passed a certain point.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jimmysxxl
As stated you NEED to get it tuned but try calibrating the TPS on Higher Values that did the trick for me.
Im sorry but what do you mean by calibrated tps at higher values? Because i did calibrate it while car was off to have it set properly.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts

Do you have a log? Lean spikes are a sure sign of misfire, especially if you're seeing it with bucking or skipping of any kind.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
Do you have a log? Lean spikes are a sure sign of misfire, especially if you're seeing it with bucking or skipping of any kind.
Yea when it goes lean it will buck and jerk if i lightly try to give gas then have to hit alil harder and then it will drive again but then lean out again... Ill see if i still have my log