Notices

egycasper's custom-fabbed intake manifold for K24

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default egycasper's custom-fabbed intake manifold for K24

Just built my intake manifold for k24 other than go with ultra race or excessive
straight k24 with full hand ported
12.5CR
DC004 canshaft
90 pump
my own fabricate twin TB intake manifold
but i think it could hold the power low 300whp
just street tuned no dyno available.
Attached Images     
Old 03-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: egycasper's custom-fabbed intake manifold for K24

Nice Job!!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: egycasper's custom-fabbed intake manifold for K24

Thanks
Old 12-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: egycasper's custom-fabbed intake manifold for K24

tbh that looks like dog poop, materials inside will for sure result in turbulence and jb weld does not count as welds. a for effort, f for result
Old 01-09-2019, 10:02 AM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo Chingpo, this guy is in Egypt and is working with what he has on hand. The tools available to most are nothing like here in the US, coupled with the fact that he seems to understand basic principles on how to make power and is building this thing for functionality, not style points. Some bird poop stains on the bottom of the plenum are out of the path of most of the incoming air charge and this will likely be a big improvement over anything out of Honda or even the mass-produced aftermarket. The intake manifold is not a structural member for anything with serious load, and could probably be cast from pure JB Weld and still function fine.

Good work egycasper, keep us updated. Find yourself a dyno, we want to see how that thing works!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Trial User

egycasper,
Nice initiative & passion my friend!
& clearly you have the desire & to work on your own stuff & make the best of your situation..Thats great!

I come from a back ground that uses pretty decent tools & equipment, & usually have access to good materials as well. Not all people are that fortunate.

My point is, your most likely doing the best you can with what you have to work with.
For that we want to applaud you for your effort & finishing the job.
NICE runners btw.

I'm sure your proud of your work as well, & you should be.
Most armchair fabricators have never build an intake manifold before.

I have, several acutally...
& in many cases your end result is often limited by what you have available to work with.

Good luck both now, & on future projects, my friend.
The most important thing is to be safe in working, & consider safety regarding the parts you fabricate & how they are to be used, & the potential pitfalls of any inferior processes as they pertain to the completed fabricated assembly, & it's safety under usage.

Look forward too seeing more of your work, & seeing your desire to build, what is probably very difficult to get done in the area which you reside.

Someone said Egypt? I cannot even image how difficult it may be to get access to things you may need in an area, not really well know for automobile related FABRICATION & machining /fabrication & production.

I have never seen a performance car part come out of Egypt, or even the surrounding country's... So what your doing is SPECIAL, & cool..
Speaking from experience, your parts will likely improve as you make more of them,
(My 2nd intake was better than my 1st, & so on)
regardless of what tools & equip you have to work with.

Keep at it!! Let us know if you ever get over here State side! Congrats on your project, & KEEP us updated on new fab work. I like to see it..
Regards,
Sherpa
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by the_unknown
Yo Chingpo, this guy is in Egypt and is working with what he has on hand. The tools available to most are nothing like here in the US, coupled with the fact that he seems to understand basic principles on how to make power and is building this thing for functionality, not style points. Some bird poop stains on the bottom of the plenum are out of the path of most of the incoming air charge and this will likely be a big improvement over anything out of Honda or even the mass-produced aftermarket. The intake manifold is not a structural member for anything with serious load, and could probably be cast from pure JB Weld and still function fine.

Good work egycasper, keep us updated. Find yourself a dyno, we want to see how that thing works!

first off, its ok to give a guy an honest opinion.... this is what makes people better, I admire his effort but with a little more time and dedication he could have grounded down the material more and prepped it for a decent manifold. when it comes to fabrication I have seen awesome products made outside of the US.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:59 AM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A for effort that's for sure. Keep on trying!! i noticed you said twin TB? why is that?
Old 07-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Trial User

looks pretty freakn awesome to me!!!

i took apart my Yamaha Rd350... and the welds were not pretty at all, it turns out structural welding counts for strength and full penetration. If you wanted a great looking part, you can just buy it like everyone else.. but if you want street credit, well.. practice, practice, practice. results will surely come.

much better than what i can do.