Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

b18c build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c build

Hey guys, i might as well give you some background info on my build so that you can maybe help me answer some questions.

I bought a b18b1 with 4,000 miles since rebuild, this motor consists of...
jdm gsr crank, rods, and pistons.
all oem bearings
new waterpump
new oil pump
new timing belt
it has a jdm b20 head

for $150

The reason i got for so cheap was because this motor came from a semi-buddy mine, who built the motor and bent some exhaust valves...the car was smoking like crazy and he drove it on the bent valves for about 2 weeks until he got sick of it and pulled the motor.

Anyways i told this guy how ****kd the motor was gunna be and offered him 100 bucks, we settled on 150.

So i get the head off the block only too see, pure mint bottom end... you cant even see on the piston where the valves hit... ive decieded to ditch my
the b1 block and pick up a b18c jdm gsr block ($100) from another buddy of mine, because i dont want to DESTROKE my build... ive done so much research for my build, but now i have some questions i cannot find the answer too...?!?!

Will my oil pickup/ oil pan from the b18b1 fit fine on the b18c block?

Also will i run into any other problems anyone else has run into?

i kno to check all my specs (clearances and such) and im wondering, the jdm gsr specs should be the exact same as b18c1 correct?!?

Who likes clevite bearings and who prefers acl?

who has jdm p30 pistons for sale?

whose actually interested enough that i actually take some time to take a bunch of pictures and do a write up?

Once i get the b18c block, i will take make measurements and decied weather or not im going to bore the block. then i can start to order my parts. i appreciate all your help, i will be taking a bunch of pics for you guys but i need to kno if this even strikes anyones interest?