Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   B15C2 engine rebuild and further mods (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/b15c2-engine-rebuild-further-mods-2976472/)

viperjng 09-05-2011 07:38 PM

B15C2 engine rebuild and further mods

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has a Honda City our here in India which came with the B15C2 SOHC Vtec engine. The car has clocked close to 1.5 Lakh kms and was not well maintained leading to premature engine life.

It now needs a rebuild as his compression is down to 150 and car is emitting white smoke. He wants to now modify it to extract some extra juice whilst remaining in NA form.

Have heard that the D16Y8 cams match this motor(pls correct me if wrong). What we have planned is as follows.

1> Upgrade Pistons to 76mm forged (stock 75mm) with stock rods, new bearings and rebuild the block.

2> Port the head and install better cams ( need help on brand and part nos available that will fit)

3> Install a stand alone Ecu.

He already has a exhaust setup and a JDM style intake manifold. He wants the car to be a fast daily driver with no intentions to drag or race the same.

Is the above the correct option or would you guys suggest something else. Also if possible can we make this motor into a D16Y8. What would be required to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Jignesh

viperjng 09-06-2011 07:10 PM

Re: D15B7 engine rebuild and further mods

No one to help ?:(

m_shake 09-07-2011 09:01 AM

Re: B15C2 engine rebuild and further mods

K, first off forged pistons don't just fit on stock rods without mods.
For a cam, not cams...it's a sohc check bisimoto, crower, exospeed, zex etc.

Whats a "JDM" style intake manifold???

C_Rock77 09-07-2011 09:48 AM

I seriously doubt you're going to get much input on this engine on here. It's not an engine many people are familiar with.

93egSLEEPER 09-07-2011 11:11 AM

I wouldnt waste the money on any SOHC NA build for street use whether in India or the US. just my opinion.

JR_Integra 09-08-2011 07:12 PM

If you are aiming to get your odd engine to be like a d16y8, why don't you just get a y8 swap and build it like you want. That will solve your aftermarket parts concern and switch you to a better engine.

hoffmanb16 09-08-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by JR_Integra (Post 45985020)
If you are aiming to get your odd engine to be like a d16y8, why don't you just get a y8 swap and build it like you want. That will solve your aftermarket parts concern and switch you to a better engine.

Call me crazy but Im assuming it's cause HE IS IN INDIA!!

viperjng 09-08-2011 07:25 PM

Hi Guys,

I know sourcing parts for this shitty motor is a big pain hence my original question.

"Also if possible can we make this motor into a D16Y8. What would be required to do so."

If you guys need any specs/pics on my existing engine let me know the info you require and I will try and procure the same.

Jignesh

m_shake 09-09-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by viperjng (Post 45985099)
Hi Guys,

"Also if possible can we make this motor into a D16Y8. What would be required to do so."

Jignesh

Probably not, d16 has a taller block to handle the increased stroke...so short answer is if u want a d16, buy one