Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   atpower shaftless itb (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/atpower-shaftless-itb-3219341/)

kulo 08-16-2014 10:00 AM

atpower shaftless itb

http://beta.atpowerthrottles.com/pro...-body-kit-p-96

http://beta.atpowerthrottles.com/ima...TB-ECU-Kit.jpg

Honda B16A / B18C5 ITB / ECU Throttle Body Kit

AT Power is proud to supply their ITB engine management system for the Honda B16A / B18C5 engines. Combining the patented 'Shaftless' technology of AT Power's billet throttle bodies with the control of a high quality ECU, this package provides a complete Motorsport grade Engine Management System.

This complete kit adds over 35bhp and 20lbft to a standard Honda B16A / B18C5 engines, with improved driveability, part throttle response and increased torque throughout the rev range.

The kit package comprises the following components:

AT Power Throttle Body Set (assembled and vacuum balanced)
Throttle Linkage
Extension Tubes
Ram Pipes
Fuel Rail
O-rings for fitment
Sealing washers for air filter/airbox
Adapter plate for water elbow
Throttle Position Sensor
Billet Fuel Pressure Regulator
ECU
Engine Wiring Loom to fit AT Power ITBs & ECU
ECU To PC USB Interface

AT Power will specify the correct compatible ECU for the Honda B16/B18 Engine, utilizing all the standard OEM sensors and driving all the standard actuators. Full VTEC control is included in the advanced engine management software, along with fully sequential injection and ignition control. The ECU can be supplied pre-mapped for the standard Honda B16/B18 engine to match the AT Power Throttle Bodies using standard Bosch injectors. Modified engines will require re-mapping to suit. Combined with suitable fuel line modifications, this kit contains everything needed to convert a standard Honda B16/B18 engine to AT Power ITBs and Electronic Engine Management

AT Power can assist you in finding a suitable Engine Tuning facility to help you in installing, setting up and mapping this system on your vehicle

AT Power distributes its market leading products to racing teams, engine builders and end users worldwide.

Black R 08-16-2014 10:32 AM

Re: atpower shaftless itb

Interesting fs thread.

43! 08-16-2014 11:00 AM

If you're going to spam this forum, at least bring us dyno plots with video. You know, evidence.

OMG 08-16-2014 11:23 AM

sexy

kulo 08-17-2014 02:08 PM

Lol not a fs thread
they are made in uk
Just seeing what the compare to other itb

AznBlueBoy 08-17-2014 02:56 PM

wow more expensive then kinslers
pass

TracerAcer2.2L 08-17-2014 04:32 PM

Don't know that I like how it needs the extra electronics....
But no custom no likey

TheShodan 08-18-2014 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by kulo (Post 49904247)
Lol not a fs thread
they are made in uk
Just seeing what the compare to other itb

They are interesting, but..... need more information as to how they are relevant to the Honda market, and how they specifically would integrate with ECU systems on this market.

Can't see how they compare if no information is given about the camshaft to compare at all.

"Dynos" aren't going to mean much, even though they seem to be the biggest litmus test on this particular webforum.

joakwin 08-18-2014 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by TracerAcer2.2L (Post 49904380)
Don't know that I like how it needs the extra electronics....
But no custom no likey

its not extra electronics, its a full system that runs the fuel and ign of the engine, along with some itb's

ive been to SC, the company that makes the ecu set up
http://www.twinkam.co.uk/shop/page/1...ls&shop_param=

ive been to their shop and almost got the fuel injection set up for a 1275 mini engine, but then I went the route of a vtec swap into my car
but they make some nice parts those,
I have the mini stainless steel header on my 998 powered mini

I don't know anything about the company that makes those itb's but they do look a lot nicer then the mod obx itb's I have now

98vtec 08-18-2014 10:42 AM

throttle sizing is quite small.

GhostAccord 08-18-2014 03:00 PM

from what I have seen the only real benefit here is for balls out WOT racing... No real benefits to reliability, or smoothness of operation or tuning.

TracerAcer2.2L 08-18-2014 04:01 PM

I did some research last night. Didn't find much pertaining to our market though.

1. 98vtec, the theory that they are going with is, is that the closer the throttle plate is to the port, the smaller it can be. This was evidence by compared dyno graphs of their (45mm?) throttle compared to Kinsler 60mm throttle, which made very similar power on the same motor. Which brings up the next finding...

2. The shaftless plate itself increases flow efficiency by 5% or so by having the throttle plate actually formed with the shaft, instead of having the shaft bolted to the plate. I really like this aspect of it, and wish it could be used on Kinslers, but AT Power has the patent.

3. I was wrong for not liking these in my previous post because they aren't custom, they can make custom units.

4. I didn't really find anything specific to our motors regarding performance or dynos, except for a nearly stock K series that made 210whp (shocker)

It's a cool idea, but I think it may need a lot of work. There's just not enough data there to really know how they perform, that I could find. And that is extra electronics, thats like a whole separate ECU for ignition and fuel! I like to keep things simple as possible, that is most reliable.

maRtyMar 09-30-2014 02:42 AM

if its 45mm, just use wide LC cams.