Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

All Motor Factory Block GSR Dyno/Track Results

Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: All Motor Factory Block GSR Dyno/Track Results

Originally Posted by 94VTEC2TONE
Do you do the work in a shop or what? and dyno comparisons are always good to see
Shop? Whats that...like a workshop?...

Yes, i own a shop.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

94VTEC2TONE, why not go with a 3" exhaust?? Maybe try a better header as well?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
my tuner advises against it to be honest and havnet found one person to tell me to run 3inch, you can i personally will not at this point. While id love to rock an smsp hytech or real toda im broke as **** after not being able to sell my dam turbo parts or id have one of those amazing real non replica headers, i didnt plan **** out right so i know ive made mistakes
Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
Shop? Whats that...like a workshop?...

Yes, i own a shop.

Have any setups with a factory gsr block under your belt that you'd like to share the results?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
I think any all motor honda person, should learn really quick, how a 3'' exhaust is going to be a much better then a bolt up system, or a 2.5.

The motor has GOT to breath, and there's still a ton of people who have yet to realize this.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

my tuner advises against it to be honest and havnet found one person to tell me to run 3inch, you can i personally will not at this point. While id love to rock an smsp hytech or real toda im broke as **** after not being able to sell my dam turbo parts or id have one of those amazing real non replica headers, i didnt plan **** out right so i know ive made mistakes
I have a replica, its performs well.

Only header ive owned that gave a night and day difference in power with no additional exhaust mods
Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

I think any all motor honda person, should learn really quick, how a 3'' exhaust is going to be a much better then a bolt up system, or a 2.5.

The motor has GOT to breath, and there's still a ton of people who have yet to realize this.
For some reason people are still believing NA builds "need backpressure"

Closed minded I suppose?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when are people going to learn that engines dont need back pressure??? This is why a lot of cars are tested with an open header. Unless you're worried about it being too loud, its not going to do anything but increase your power output.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
Have any setups with a factory gsr block under your belt that you'd like to share the results?
Girlfriends JDM GSR in a 97 EX. BONE STOCK w/ lsd

Stock ecu - with skunk2 1st gen manifold, dc header, stock exhaust made 155ish?? I didn't do the swap. Ran 14.5's and 14.6's , she was driving on nitto's. I tuned the car, it went 14.1's.

Its back on a stock ecu, waiting on a few things as she's going to be a test car for my stage 1's..that's all I'm changing out, is cams.. hoping to see if i can get it to make 180 or go 13.5's with just a cam swap and tune. I'll get a better header and exhaust once i feel I'm happy with what i can get out of it.

Its a girls car, had some dude messing with us a few nights ago with a G37 that had an exhaust, and he got strolled lol.

I have about 30 tunes so far, since the beginning of the year on just stock GSRs alone..they just wanted a little more pep.. more gas mileage out of the situation.. if anyone needs bins lemme know, their all on cromePRO. But its what i recommend for people on a budget or not a lot of money who are in need of a tune.

If i put stock b16's and stock gsr's together probably around 60 tunes if i had to guess, i had to get another disc drive to save them all. I'll probably do more tuning test towards the end of the summer, once i buy an actual Dynojet for my own shop and not have to use other peoples.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: All Motor Factory Block GSR Dyno/Track Results

Originally Posted by N/A
For some reason people are still believing NA builds "need backpressure"

Closed minded I suppose?
i dont believe it needs backpressure at all, i personally dont see how it would benefit from a 3inch exhaust, and if i found dynos or any tuner i use or know to say go there hell i would, but noone backs that up im sorry. and its a decent header for the price, i notice great midrange when i put it on.

ALLMOTOR since you say 3inch you got dynos with it on a stock or bolt on gsr?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/3%22-catback-exhaust-stock-jdm-h22a-dyno-2197695/

Read the entire thread.. specially 92typer's response.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...%27%27+exhaust
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...%27%27+exhaust'

there's so more.

oops, ... more

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/2-5-inch-vs-3-inch-custom-exhaust-comparison-dyno-graph-comparison-1530154/

there's a few more, but just.. too many to list.. the general idea is you want more velocity flow.. your header design will ultimate set the pace and tone of how the air will flow, these headers, like bisi, and what not with big curves actually increase air speed going around and then this helps create what we call, scavenging.

DonF was educating me on header design a few days ago, and he basically told me, you find all the hot spots in the header, and from there you cut and merge.. anything behind the collector of the header is what is restrictive.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Girlfriends JDM GSR in a 97 EX. BONE STOCK w/ lsd

Stock ecu - with skunk2 1st gen manifold, dc header, stock exhaust made 155ish?? I didn't do the swap. Ran 14.5's and 14.6's , she was driving on nitto's. I tuned the car, it went 14.1's.

Its back on a stock ecu, waiting on a few things as she's going to be a test car for my stage 1's..that's all I'm changing out, is cams.. hoping to see if i can get it to make 180 or go 13.5's with just a cam swap and tune. I'll get a better header and exhaust once i feel I'm happy with what i can get out of it.

Its a girls car, had some dude messing with us a few nights ago with a G37 that had an exhaust, and he got strolled lol.

I have about 30 tunes so far, since the beginning of the year on just stock GSRs alone..they just wanted a little more pep.. more gas mileage out of the situation.. if anyone needs bins lemme know, their all on cromePRO. But its what i recommend for people on a budget or not a lot of money who are in need of a tune.

If i put stock b16's and stock gsr's together probably around 60 tunes if i had to guess, i had to get another disc drive to save them all. I'll probably do more tuning test towards the end of the summer, once i buy an actual Dynojet for my own shop and not have to use other peoples.
thats very impressive dude, hows the lsd help them 60fts, alot or more in the driver?
I thought the 2.5 definetely would outflow the ws2, and it put 180 on a ws2 sumhow
Old 05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

If you don't belive it needs backpressure, than why pick the more restrictive size piping of the two?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats very impressive dude, hows the lsd help them 60fts, alot or more in the driver?
I thought the 2.5 definetely would outflow the ws2, and it put 180 on a ws2 sumhow

lsd is a night and day difference.. that's really the only explanation i can give lol.

Exhaust is going to move.. regardless. Exhaust is being pressed out.. its going to move...how well it moves and exits the cylinder is a different story.
You want the exhaust or expelled gases to exit the cyl as quickly as possible, but without pulling so much, that it pulls the fresh air through the cyl, while overlapping is occurring.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

lsd is a night and day difference.. that's really the only explanation i can give lol.

I literally have nightmares of my tranny breaking and not having a lsd tranny anymore
Old 05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
If you don't belive it needs backpressure, than why pick the more restrictive size piping of the two?
Because i wanted a somewhat quiet exhaust on my car since i daily it and really figured 2.5 woudl do the trick for a while, seeing as i had the ws2 on a hytech rep and it seemed to choke it like a mother****er in the higher rpm. while a 3inch mite do ill run 2.5 for now since things have already been ordered man. im hoping for an increase atleast over the 2.36ws2 i had
Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Because i wanted a somewhat quiet exhaust on my car since i daily it and really figured 2.5 woudl do the trick for a while, seeing as i had the ws2 on a hytech rep and it seemed to choke it like a mother****er in the higher rpm. while a 3inch mite do ill run 2.5 for now since things have already been ordered man. im hoping for an increase atleast over the 2.36ws2 i had
Let me say this.. 1 or 2 correctly made resonators will keep the tone of the car down, while sounding nice.. your muffler is going to dictate tone as in, if it sounds like a pissed off wasp or not, whether its a N1 fartcan, or a solid flow master or magnaflow muffler.

All "off the shelf" kits aren't measured by OD.. they are measured by ID. When you buy a off the shelf 3'' exhaust, its not really 3''. It'll be 2.75 or a tad bit smaller.

2.5'' exhaust will be 2.35 or a tad smaller.. unless you're going with a kteller or vrs piping kit, they wont be "true" measurements.

your WS was probably around 2.25 so going to a bigger exhaust will help...you'll be fine with a 2.5, but you will be limited when you start adding more mods as it will need to breath easier.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

This is exactly why I'm trying to fabricate a reliable E-Cutout. I have yet to find a off the shelf one without bad reviews but I'm refusing to go buy and exhaust just to get pulled over
If anyone knows of a well working one let me know.
I feel its the best solution for you as well. You can either have no noise or no restriction at the flip of a switch
Old 05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me say this.. 1 or 2 correctly made resonators will keep the tone of the car down, while sounding nice.. your muffler is going to dictate tone as in, if it sounds like a pissed off wasp or not, whether its a N1 fartcan, or a solid flow master or magnaflow muffler.

All "off the shelf" kits aren't measured by OD.. they are measured by ID. When you buy a off the shelf 3'' exhaust, its not really 3''. It'll be 2.75 or a tad bit smaller.

2.5'' exhaust will be 2.35 or a tad smaller.. unless you're going with a kteller or vrs piping kit, they wont be "true" measurements.

your WS was probably around 2.25 so going to a bigger exhaust will help...you'll be fine with a 2.5, but you will be limited when you start adding more mods as it will need to breath easier.
very true on the exhaust measuring i talked to hytech and his muffler is 2.42 but measures 2.5 which is fine aint too far off to me. i figure 3inch when i do a ported head or something would make sense, i plan on maybe a ported head down the road but how long well only financials will tell.

Which lsd do you have? mfactory itr quafe?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
This is exactly why I'm trying to fabricate a reliable E-Cutout. I have yet to find a off the shelf one without bad reviews but I'm refusing to go buy and exhaust just to get pulled over
If anyone knows of a well working one let me know.
I feel its the best solution for you as well. You can either have no noise or no restriction at the flip of a switch
look in jegs or summit, they have 3'' ecutouts for like 149 bucks..
Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

e-cut out is the way to go, especially if you live in CA where the police pull over any lowered Honda or import with exhaust for that matter
Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

look in jegs or summit, they have 3'' ecutouts for like 149 bucks..
Yea I've heard of both, and actually everyone I've researched, ending up leaking eventually.

If/when I do find a cutout, would you say put it right after the header? Or go farther down the exhaust for scavenging purposes?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my buddy had a cutout and it leaked like the 2nd day after a shop put it in, they are just known to leak man
Old 05-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think a mechanical e-cut out with an extension spring and some sort of steel cable would be best. I'm actually going to have my buddy (who is a fabricator) help me with this. If it works out I would be more than happy to share my results when done

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Motor Factory Block GSR Dyno/Track Results