Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

1992 acura integra rs wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:10 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 acura integra rs wont start

So i recently been having a problem with my integra where it will randomly cut off on me as I drive!
brakes get super stiff and my steering also gets really stiff. its happened on the highway and I got really nervous!
I recently replaced my battery, alternator, sparkplugs and wires, main relay, fuel filter, and ordered a new distributor and waiting for it to come in so I can see if thats what my issue is!
I tried to turn on the car earlier today but I got nothing at all! not even a clicking noice! and the other day the car would at least turn on but it would not stay running for long! also all electrical was working? but now its not?!!?!
I was told it could be my fuel pump but it makes a priming noice everytime i turn the key which leads me to believe it cant be the fuel pump!
Dont want to keep wasting money on parts! can some pleaseee help out?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: 1992 acura integra rs wont start

Originally Posted by chrisaracena
So i recently been having a problem with my integra where it will randomly cut off on me as I drive!
brakes get super stiff and my steering also gets really stiff. its happened on the highway and I got really nervous!
I recently replaced my battery, alternator, sparkplugs and wires, main relay, fuel filter, and ordered a new distributor and waiting for it to come in so I can see if thats what my issue is!

I tried to turn on the car earlier today but I got nothing at all! not even a clicking noice! and the other day the car would at least turn on but it would not stay running for long! also all electrical was working? but now its not?!!?!
I was told it could be my fuel pump but it makes a priming noice everytime i turn the key which leads me to believe it cant be the fuel pump!
Dont want to keep wasting money on parts! can some pleaseee help out?
Sounds like it’s your ignition switch, but also check for blown fuses

if the fuses checks out good, then check your ignition switch. Take steering column off and check left side of switch with the big gauge wires hooked to it. Take plastic piece apart on the switch and check contact points, try cleaning with some simple alcohol wipes or get the black off the contact points the best you can, and then check to see if that helps. If it does then it’s time for a new switch or just ride with it and keep cleaning it if it does again.