All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

EG6 Master's STOCK F20B DYNO - The journey begins

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: EG6 Master's STOCK F20B DYNO - The journey begins

Originally Posted by jhondayang
My torque was actually at 149. And whp at 184.6. And mr. Bisi himself tuned it. I was actually surprised too being that it was still a stock motor. Heck, my old setup which was a sohc f22 non vtec with boltons Bisimoto level 2 camshaft and Bisimoto header with a tune made 165whp and 149 tq. And I was also surprised. (sorry, off topic)
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! You reached 184.6 and 149 TUNED??? From your previous post I assumed you meant completely stock, exactly like mine.

My numbers are from an F20B that has NOT BEEN tuned at all.....

Removing the restrictive resonator assembly from the front wheel well that was connected to the stock filter box is the only thing I did to the car. This DID open up the STOCK air intake piping and the stock PAPER filter to a source of cold air. However, it cannot account for a 20 PS increase in power!!

I say 20 PS because 165 PS is what I expected it would put down. Stock ITRs rated at 200 horses dyno in that range and the USDM H22a that is rated at 200 horses consistantly produce around the same.

Temperature was 65 degrees and Tokyo is 400 feet above sea level.

MAYBE ITS THE ROYAL PURPLE.......HHHMMM

Last edited by EG6 Master; 11-09-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

lol I understand the technical stuff. I'm just trying to understand how you've gone about forming your opinions.

What are you planning to do with this engine after it's built?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is in an accord right? What mods were you thinking itbs? maybe an H head?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, only mods done was a small *** intake from an EF and a catback. Is the hp I pushed out not enough i assume? Looking at the restriction my intake gave me, it should have been just a few ponies more if I had a bigger intake. Also, it was dynoed on a hot humid *** day in socal and on a dynapack which i heard is under rating hp. My friends hatch dynoed his car on a dyno jet and pushed out 342 whp. Then he went on a dynapack and made 324 whp. Go figure. And the place that he dynoed with the Dyno jet was dynoed at a higher elevation place.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blazin Si
lol I understand the technical stuff. I'm just trying to understand how you've gone about forming your opinions.

What are you planning to do with this engine after it's built?
LoL!! Well now you have insight as to how I formulated my opinions about the H and K Series engines.

I dont know yet. I already have a B Series for my EG6, So I wont use it there.

I would like to strip it down, send it the states and have a K24 installed. The engine mounts and chassis are unlike ANYTHING in America. I will have to get custom engine mounts made by Innovative or Hasport for a K swap. No available kit can work for this chassis.

Another option I have is to keep it, modify it to the max and do Time Attack with it. With all the right parts and ITBs I am sure I can obtain 260 from it.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by State.of.Prime
This is in an accord right? What mods were you thinking itbs? maybe an H head?
Yes an Accord CF4. For now I am putting in Skunk2 Stage II cams, I-H-E, K Series intake manifold, H22 head (STILL on its way) with a Stage III P&P from CC Cylinder Heads, Ferrea valves-springs-retainers and tune it with an S300. Want to make 220.

Yes, only mods done was a small *** intake from an EF and a catback. Is the hp I pushed out not enough i assume? Looking at the restriction my intake gave me, it should have been just a few ponies more if I had a bigger intake. Also, it was dynoed on a hot humid *** day in socal and on a dynapack which i heard is under rating hp. My friends hatch dynoed his car on a dyno jet and pushed out 342 whp. Then he went on a dynapack and made 324 whp. Go figure. And the place that he dynoed with the Dyno jet was dynoed at a higher elevation place.
Yours made a lot less than mine and the other two F20Bs. Conditions do play a major role in the numbers that you will produce.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of intake are you thinking?

What did mugen do to make this engine 315hp?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Already installed an Ice Man CAI and Buddy Club Spec III catback. Waiting for my header, test pipe, plugs, wires, custom ECU program, intake manifold and throttle body to be installed before I go back to the dyno again. Since Im currently at 185 I am hoping to make 210 with the additional bolt-ons. Once I get the head work done, install the cams and get tuned I hope to reach 230-240. That is my new goal.

I dont know exactly what Mugen did to produce 315 PS but you can be sure that it included high compression, a very free flowing head, wicked cams and ITBs tune to the hilt. Oh yeah, and RPMs!!

What a lot of Honda types dont know is that the F20B is the precursor to the K20A.

Mugen rotated the head 180 degrees, putting the intake ports in the front, and used a header exactly like the K Series currently uses. This allowed Mugen to mount the engine closer to the firewall for much better weight distribution and better over all balance.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EG6 Master
Yes an Accord CF4. For now I am putting in Skunk2 Stage II cams, I-H-E, K Series intake manifold, H22 head (STILL on its way) with a Stage III P&P from CC Cylinder Heads, Ferrea valves-springs-retainers and tune it with an S300. Want to make 220.

Yours made a lot less than mine and the other two F20Bs. Conditions do play a major role in the numbers that you will produce.
how did my engine make a lot less than yours? and with just bolt ons you will get 210 hp? please believe me, but I am not trying to start a fight, nor an argument. I'm just sayin, if you can reach that much with just bolt ons, I'd like to jump on the band wagon. I know the potential of the motor, "my graph showed alot of restriction due to the EF intake."
Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how did my engine make a lot less than yours? and with just bolt ons you will get 210 hp? please believe me, but I am not trying to start a fight, nor an argument. I'm just sayin, if you can reach that much with just bolt ons, I'd like to jump on the band wagon. I know the potential of the motor, "my graph showed alot of restriction due to the EF intake."
Well, a lot less is certainly relative. I dont know how much untuned power you would have made. All that I am saying is regardless of the intake, tuned with an exhaust is definitely advantageous versus untuned with no exhaust.

Thanks to the dyno, I now know the potential of the motor also my man. With a starting point of 185 as opposed to 165-170, there is no reason that 210 cant be obtained. Cams, P&P, tuning, intake manifold, header and some other very select parts will surely net me near the 210 mark. Its all in the parts that you choose for your particular motor. I specifically only tune Honda engines with high rod ratios, that is my preference. I have been in the game for a long time so I am pretty adept at calculating horse power potential.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 AM
Trial User

cant wait to get my hands on an F20B...
lots of potential.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by EG6 Master
For those who are interested, here is what my completely stock F20B put out on a Super Autobaccs dyno. I wanted to get a baseline before I added any mods to the engine and tranny. I can now start to modify what I consider to be one of Honda's three best engines.

The only "mods" made to the car was the removal of the resonator box and a Royal Purple 5W-30 oil change 5000 Km ago.

I was expecting to make around 165 HP. The T2T4 tranny is apparently a very efficient version for the H/F Series . My goal of 220 will be easier to achieve than previously thought. To say that I am PLEASANTLY pleased would be an understatement!!!

***************STAY TUNED!!!!! MUCH MUCH MORE TO COME*************

1998 Accord SiR-T***85K Km***16X7 Gram Lights 57S wheels***4th gear pull***

185 PS
146.83 TQ (20.3KgM)
Dyno Master AWD Dyno

Temp was 65 degrees

---For some reason the dyno will not load--- SORRY

I have a F20B with an h23 trans ported and polished head plm ramhorn headers skunk2 intake manifold blox 72mm throttle body 410cc rdx injector 255 walboro fuel pump with a p28 s300v3 hondata and i put the car on the dyno and i was pushing 178.4 whp and 138.6tq i feel like thats to low for the mods i have has anyone gotten these number wit about the same amount of mods?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Super old thread you bumped but I'll bite. What cams? Those numbers are about right for an auto engine with basic mods. Manual engine with the type-s cams is closer to 200whp. It also depends on the dyno. A dynapack(hub dyno) typically inflates numbers 8-10% over something like an actual dynojet.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Aradin
Super old thread you bumped but I'll bite. What cams? Those numbers are about right for an auto engine with basic mods. Manual engine with the type-s cams is closer to 200whp. It also depends on the dyno. A dynapack(hub dyno) typically inflates numbers 8-10% over something like an actual dynojet.
its a manual engine
Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

That does seem a little low. What kind of dyno was it? Roller or hub dyno? Have you done a compression test?