Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Power Steering Leak, Only when Powered

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Power Steering Leak, Only when Powered

2006 TSX, bought used from a dealer about 10 months ago. Am aware of the reported recall, but the VIN shows no recalss on the vehicle per acura.com.

Friday (3 days ago) daughter's boyfriend did an oil change for me and rotated the tires.
Sunday when I went to take the car out, power steering was dead. No noises etc. Found the fluid all over the garage floor when I got back. Downloaded all the manuals yesterday, but have yet to find the right one that details the system. Checked the other threads, but didn't find what I needed.

Put it up on jacks today, cleaned the undercarriage decently. Filled up the ps tank (it was bone dry). Let it sit on the stands for about 4 hours, no leaks. Seemed pretty tight under there when I had it up this morning and could not see all the lines etc.

Started up car to run an errand. Had some noises like it was trying to get air out of the lines, power assist was jerky as I pulled out of the driveway, but then seemed to settle down. By the time I got 3 miles down the road, the power assist was dead again and their was no sounds.

I don't know enough, but am guessing their's a leak on the pressurized side? How do I find this?

Last edited by Entrails; 08-10-2015 at 07:00 PM.